Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

Eh my opinion but constant wave dashing back n forth can be a great yomi tool. Example, if your opponent is impatient about your constant spacing it opens them up to whiff punishing and making further mistakes in the neutral game

Ever landed a stand alone C2B? There's a state that replicates it that's kinda awkward to explain but if you ever land a C2B by itself, your opponent takes falling damage upon hiting the ground. It makes them ground bounce and they are in a tech down state. 66A+B right after a standalone/standing c2B is a combo and universal tech trap that does the highest non c2B loop damage, which if its a standalone C2B its not the easiest to loop anyway.

One of the most common situations where you get this standing C2B launch is off of a CH [A+B] where restands them before the launch.
The thing with this is that that exact situation is a globally spaced situation that allows for B+K air-throw to actually connect if timed properly, which if you land, gives more damage.

I've been maining Hilde and Hilde only in this game but lately i've been getting slow and i'm starting to lose more fights than winning them. I have no idea what the problem might be.

If i were to guess, i'd say it's because of one match that really got to me when i joined a random 8wayrun player lobby on XBL and met a good Viola. I won two rounds and all of a sudden it all went downhill from there and i got juggled for two hours and lost the match. And i was close to win every round too. So ever since this match i kinda lost faith somehow (silly, i know) and was just pissed of the rest of the day.

I'd be happy to post videos of my gameplays on the video thread for some honest feedback. Also I really want to meet some good Hilde mainers (within europe) because no other Hilde-people have been able to beat me in a mirror match so far and that may be because they suck or i'm lucky, i don't effing know.

I've been maining Hilde and Hilde only in this game but lately i've been getting slow and i'm starting to lose more fights than winning them. I have no idea what the problem might be.

If i were to guess, i'd say it's because of one match that really got to me when i joined a random 8wayrun player lobby on XBL and met a good Viola. I won two rounds and all of a sudden it all went downhill from there and i got juggled for two hours and lost the match. And i was close to win every round too. So ever since this match i kinda lost faith somehow (silly, i know) and was just pissed of the rest of the day.

I'd be happy to post videos of my gameplays on the video thread for some honest feedback. Also I really want to meet some good Hilde mainers (within europe) because no other Hilde-people have been able to beat me in a mirror match so far and that may be because they suck or i'm lucky, i don't effing know.

im happy to help. I have the opposite effect with my hilde. Everyday i get better, and i see how much potential she has. Post some vids. I would say lets just play some together but im in usa:(

I personally hate fighting vs viola with hilde cause you cant loop viola. Shoot alot of the time when you do 22b-c2b, the c2b will whiff for no reason. Try to have c3b always loaded. Viola does alot of moves that can get her hit by c3b at a distance. Just make sure when you release c3b its a counter. Or you will get jg ed and possibly eat full combo. STAY OUT OF 44A range at any cost.

im happy to help. I have the opposite effect with my hilde. Everyday i get better, and i see how much potential she has. Post some vids. I would say lets just play some together but im in usa:(
I personally hate fighting vs viola with hilde cause you cant loop viola. Shoot alot of the time when you do 22b-c2b, the c2b will whiff for no reason. Try to have c3b always loaded. Viola does alot of moves that can get her hit by c3b at a distance. Just make sure when you release c3b its a counter. Or you will get jg ed and possibly eat full combo. STAY OUT OF 44A range at any cost.
well it's not that i don't see any potential in her or anything. i know her combos and can stand my ground with her really well but i think there's some mistakes i do that i'm not taking note to. I'll try to get some videos on the video thread tomorrow. i'm HogisGuy on XBL but i dont think the connection will be the best but i guess we could give it a go maybe.

The problem i have is when you play hilde in lag all her scrub stuff works all the sudden since no one can JG well. And i dont start spamming lag tactics unless someone really pisses me off. But we can try i guess.

I had hit a point with hilde where i thought she wasnt very good. And i feel like you are at that point. Maybe its all just mentality. Because once i got better at the game new doors started to open with hilde. Trust me she is plenty good and she can hang with any other character. IMO viola is her hardest MU. So dont get discouraged, just work through it. Anyways if your from Europe you shouldnt even worry about viola cause she is banned there. The only European hilde i can think of is caspian. Maybe he will play some with you.

The problem i have is when you play hilde in lag all her scrub stuff works all the sudden since no one can JG well.
I had hit a point with hilde where i thought she wasnt very good. And i feel like you are at that point.

That actually makes sense.
I play SC5 everyday and mostly wait in training mode for my swedish friends to get online. If they're not online or are not planning on playing i'll go and join a random lobby or just go against any ranked players instead.

this mentality with hilde has hit me too, felt like i got more wins with her when i didn't know most of her moves, i haven't been able to stand against Mitsu and Nightmare lately and 22b and CE been whiffing more than usual if you can look my player card on PSN just watch the ranked match replay i'll try to upload a video when i can, maybe even do a collection of weird CE whiffs.

i must note that i only play online because no one around plays offline and connection sucks most the time, also been getting loads of errors ...that's just me but i picked up good old cervy because i was getting too many losses for what i'm used to i want my Hilde swag back Q_Q

my only real problem is when i see if the opponent can JG. it becomes such a roadblock since hilde's ridiculously easy to JG. the more i play people who can JG the more im noticing that i can get away with A+B spam though lol.

my only real problem is when i see if the opponent can JG. it becomes such a roadblock since hilde's ridiculously easy to JG. the more i play people who can JG the more im noticing that i can get away with A+B spam though lol.

Isn't that easy to JG? Or do you mean mixing up between hold and no hold?

Isn't that easy to JG? Or do you mean mixing up between hold and no hold?
the hold is JG paradise, but for some reason i can spam A+B (no hold) and people'll eat it for dayz! once they learn that they have to actually pay attention then i can start applying mix-ups with it.

Yeah that works sometimes jak. When you fight people who know frames real well it can be dangerous though. AB no hold is -14, so its pyrrha stab punish able at all ranges. AB hold can also be steped to the right on 2nd hit.

When i use hilde i always play as if my opponent has the skill to jg all the obvious jg able moves. This is great practice so when you do fight really good players, you dont have to totally change your play style. NEVER USE C3A outside of a combo. NEVER EVER EVER NEVER. Use c3 and c2b with caution. Take into account what character you are fighting and what counter they will get if they jg these moves. If im fighting astaroth and he jgs my c3b all he can get is a 66b. But if im fighting apat and he jgs c3b he can do 66b into full combo. So you have to consider risk vs reward before you let go of these moves. Early on in a match its safer to use c2 and c3b cause opponent doesnt have the meter to do extra damage.

c2b on block is -14, so alot of characters can just block and punish c2b.

A+B is -16 (Aeon gets 3K when in range). C1B might be -14 if the wiki is wrong but I don't remember being able to punish it ever because I play manly characters with i13 AAs.

maffffffffffffffffs

the hold is JG paradise, but for some reason i can spam A+B (no hold) and people'll eat it for dayz! once they learn that they have to actually pay attention then i can start applying mix-ups with it.

The problem with, or great thing about, A+B is that it's borderline reactable and pushes back too far to easily punish. The numbers make it seem bad, but 22a, 66a, and a+b are my go to step killers. A+B is also great for spacing since it's not as linear as things like 6BB

C2A is her best step killer imo.

In fact, I'd argue that it's her best attack. I can't describe how much I hate this move.

C2A is her best step killer imo.

In fact, I'd argue that it's her best attack. I can't describe how much I hate this move.

A little to much set up for me to be a constant go to move. Can't use it constantly like 22A or 66A, although it does bring out more damage. The set up just keeps it from being an amazing move, as opposed to a great move.

My go to step killers are c1a and c2a. I just recharge over n over n over. A+B is risky and kinda sucks imo. Even if they cant punish it being -14 is not a great situation. 22a is a move i could use more but i dont, and 66a has its times, but i would way rather use c1a or c2a cause they are meds.

Anyone who has played me knows all i do is spam c1a and c2a lol. Setting up c1a and c2a isnt hard once you do it for awhile. The reward of being able to do c1 and c2a at will is worth it trust me. And i think it is a great move, its a safe med that has reach and you can combo after. Only bad thing is its not super fast but you cant have everything.

Last edited:
Back