Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

Any other Hilde's going to NEC this year?

I didn't see you there I don't think.

Don't forget [A+B]. Risky but very damaging.

[A+B] is dangerous to throw out, but it is great if you condition them. I try to hammer them with 66A+B, +5 on block, and B+K, -11 on block (they won't touch you after it if they know it's a 22B setup), and once I let up just a bit they usually step, free [A+B] into loop. Once they see that coming you transition into other step killers, like A+B or 66A. They don't do nearly as much, but it definitely makes people afraid to step. There have been rounds were I've constantly got steppers with A+B, and it doesn't matter if it's -16 on block since it looks almost the same as [A+B] for the first hit, and everyone and their brother seems to want to just guard the second hit of the hold version.

Last edited:
Man I need to know those fonts and such that he is using for his videos so I can try to do them If I decide to do Raphael Punishment videos.

For me, it's hard to play Hilde without getting into the mindset of "I must charge everything". Are charge moves useful only in certain situations or should they be impemented more in Hilde's gameplay?

For me, it's hard to play Hilde without getting into the mindset of "I must charge everything". Are charge moves useful only in certain situations or should they be impemented more in Hilde's gameplay?

You really don't need them unless you're top level. You can get by just fine without them.

i just use c3a cause its +2 on block. Just spam that at high level. Oh yeah A+B too, totally spam,able, very worth it.

imho c3b is also required for certain mu's.

I dont know what getting by means. Will you beat good people consistently with out using charges? What do you think? Ill pick up sieg and beat good people without 3b, cause im just that awesome. I dont need all the moves...

I would like to help you, but ive done this before and really all im telling you is how i play. You have to find your own charge rhythm. As lp said make sure you use c2a, just mess around with charging after certain things. Count in your head one one thousand, two one thousand -c2a, let it go or recharge it.

on quail's stream something janky happened w/ my CE. the 1st hit connected but pushed him outta range for the stabs., hilde still kept going and landed the final hit (mostly bc it surprised us both)

Hello, I am looking to pick up hilde. What would you guys reccommend I should focus on first with her? With wavedashing how soon should I implement that into my play?

Last edited:
It's a great way to help her spacing and whiff punishment game. So something you want to constantly mess around with and practice.

Hilde's CE Glitches:

CE works as a tech trap on anything EXCEPT itself: double stun proration means the second CE won't land clean, last hit can be blocked

GI->CE IS NOT GUARANTEED: After a successful GI, if they attempt to counter GI you during your CE, the CE will whiff due to the game camera shifting when the opponent attempts to counter GI.

CE at the wall OFTEN WHIFFS: Similar to above, walls cause the CE to Whiff.

Her CE also cannot be stepped outside of close range, and this is only due to camera glitches affecting its targeting when point blank, the camera attempts to follow the person stepping and Hilde's CE is affected by camera shifts. this is why CE Guard Crush is so dangerous if they try to space you, it means they either get guard broken or eat the CE, but this doesn't work point blank because the camera shifting allows it to be dodged.

Back