Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

Late but [a+b] is easy to jg or sidestep on reaction and a+b is punishable especially up close. If you use it at tip range then some characters will have a harder time hitting you but it's still not good to spam at all.

bb is viable vs everyone in the cast. It's not good to spam it out but it kills backstep nicely which is extremely important.

I know AB hold sucks i was just trolling..... And bb will catch algol at the start of his step animation. So its more viable vs him. I think vs other characters its a huge risk. I use bb as a zoning tool, and not for backstep punishing. If i read a back step i usually 66b or c3b

Idk i suck i just spam c3a and A+B hold. And yeah algol vs hilde is even better. Algol has worse step in the game. Hilde bb becomes viable vs algol cause you will catch his step with it :)
just so everyone knows...lol ... i dont spam c3a or AB hold. Even when c3a was viable to spam, i didnt spam it because i always knew it was a weakness. Same pretty much goes for AB hold.

HIldes AB no hold is -16 i think, blocked at range pyrrha can stab and mitsu can b6.

This video was recorded a while ago now and was for a topic i posted about how i felt that i was losing my touch with Hilde and started to feel slugish. Now it's been 5 or 6 months since i played SC5 (two jobs) but i'm back again and feeling refreshed but i'll post this video anyway. You can probably skip the first match since i'm going up against a clown xiba but i hope you enjoy.

EDIT: There were a lot of Xiba players that day lol. I think you can even hear me grunt at 27:19 when i think that i'm going to meet Xiba again.

Last edited:
Hi all, after some practice with the Princess of Wolfkrone, I've decided to make an attempt to pick her up. After a couple weeks we seem to be doing well. However I seem to be at at odds whenever I find myself in a favourable situation and it is here that I could do with someone pointing me in the right direction.

Whenever I manage to break my opponents guard, I seem to have a complete mental block and just blow it, not being able to capitalize properly on it either with a whiffed/blocked attack or it won't do as much damage as I thought it would; which is a shame because I know Hilde is capable of much more dmg.

After a GI I usually go for either 3BA, C1B or 3B BE, C2B, G, C3A, or CE if I have enough meter to burn. But are there any options that are more effective?

After a JG I usually just go for 2A+B, 66K or 4A. But again, are there more effective options.

One thing that seems to not go well for me either are wallcombos, this is another thing that I seem to completely cock-up aswell. So if someone could shed some light on this, it would be very much appreciated?

edit***
I won't consider the C2B loops as they are beyond my level of skill at this point in time.

You're choosing from way too many options on GI. Pick a select few and stick with them. Also, wall combos are just odd with Hilde, and I'm not even sure some of the ones listed are current. The funny thing is, unless it's B grab or A BE grab, Hilde almost always gets more damage way from the wall than on a wall combo.

After GI I usually go for: 3BA ~ C1B if I have don't have meter
3B BE ~ C2B ~ G ~ C3A. if I have meter
CE. if I have enough meter
What I would like to know, is after GI what is my most effective/damaging option?

I should have figured wallcombos were awkward, but even if I just stick to one w! what is the most preferred follow-up, or is it different for each situation?

3 loops from 3B BE can net 130 damage, and if you expect your opponent to GI back, you can 22B.

Her best and most reliable wall combos I've found are:
A+G BE, Back throw (remember Astaroth, ZWEI, and Voldo can break these)
B+G, 1KK, 2K
C1A, 2A+B

There are others, like 66B BE, C1B, but that actually does less damage against the wall than if you did it in the open, where it's still a combo. It can also go into C2B instead of C1B on CH in the open, but good luck getting that on the wall.

I'll practice the loops but as of yet they are beyond me. so I'll stick to 3BA/3B BE and 22B as a delay option.

A+G BE, back throw I have known about, but as you've mentioned before Asta, ZWEI and Voldo can break throws, so C1A hoping for a second w!, (A+B), C2B, C3A would be more reliable.

I never knew you could do 1KK after B+G w!

Yeah 66B BE combo's I've found to be very awkward and has contributed to my grief in wallcombos, but I guess I need to work and adjust.

all I need now is what to do after a guard crush. This alone has given me a considerable amount of trouble; when I score a guard crush I think about how much damage I could potentially do with (A+B)/66B BE/CE and then suddenly all brain functionality just shuts down and I come out with 66K

Deliberately set up a guard crush. Don't use moves that would crush when you're not ready, and when you are ready, just break and do what you planned on doing. I usually CE.

Deliberately set up a guard crush.
that's just it around 60-70% of the time I set them up perfectly, its what comes after that really messes me up.
CE is probably the best option, but just for future reference what would be the best option if CE isn't available?

3B BE is actually a better option if you're able to do loops. Other than that, she only has basic stuff like 66B BE, C1B or 2A+B or 3BA. If you spend your meter, wisely, though, you'll almost never not have at least half a bar when you get the guard crush.

ah ok...so just to summarise:

GI (without meter): 3BA, C1B
GI (with meter 1): 3B BE, C2B, G, C3A
GI (with meter 2): CE
GI (delay option): 22_88B combos

Guard Crush (without meter): (A+B), C2B, G, C3A
Guard Crush (with meter 1): (A+B), CE
Guard Crush (with meter 2): 66B BE, C2B, G, C3A
Guard Crush (with meter 3): CE

I'll come back to wallcombos another time

Aah kk thank you. I'll leave out (A+B), CE.

Ok now for wallcombos.
I understand they're awkward, and that her wallcombos can get real stylish, but I need to know.
If I land the initial C1A w! or 6K w!, is it worth attempting a 2nd w! ?

If not, would be the best thing to follow up with, what will give me the most dmg aside from C2B loops. With meter/without meter

If it is worth going for a second w! I extend the same question as before.

What I've found that isn't already listed. I'm only listing the highest damage combos I found.

6K, W!, 3BA: 55
3B, W!, 3B, W!, 3BA: 46
3B, W!, 3B, W!, [A+B], C2B, G, C3A, 2K: 77

3B, W!, 3B BE: RO on low walls
3B, W!, 3B: RO on crumble walls

The odd thing is, 3B only W! on low walls and crumble walls, not including the fall down wall on Voldo's stage or the window's on Edge Master's stage.

if I am charging for the B unblockable, is there any way for me to break B throw without losing the charge (like B+G shoulder buttons and stuff)? are there situations where opponent force me to lose my charge that I should avoid if I am going for this?

if I am charging for the B unblockable, is there any way for me to break B throw without losing the charge (like B+G shoulder buttons and stuff)? are there situations where opponent force me to lose my charge that I should avoid if I am going for this?
yes you can't break certain grabs if you're charging the respective button. i wouldn't really even bother with C4B just because it takes about 20 years to actually do (if you really wanna use a C4 just go for C4A imo)

Back