Hilde: Video / Feedback Thread

i also want to point out that he does best possible meterless combo. 22-88 b- c2b-g x5(cause after 14 hits they fall out of any attack)- c3a. really really impressive

its back step canceling.
4~1~4~1~4~1
You cancel your backstep into a side-back step then back step straight after. Its not easy to do. Its even harder to do 4~74~74

You only use G if you want to guard after moving, but you'd have to do the BS cancel twice before it'll let you guard cancel at all.

Trying hard to get better and it's showing slowly. I still don't know match ups so I put this up to see if I punished his moves the right way or is there more I could have done.

Not high level stuff, but I've found these entertaining:

PS: I was tied with the Ezio guy in our session. And I was loosing 5 - 2 to the Viola guy. He owns me with Natsu. I'm also coming back from a couple of months without playing.

When someone rushes you down with non-stop abare. 2A. Hilde's is good. If you're feeling ballsy, use 4A (since it does more damage but has the same advantage and impact frames)
The other wonderful thing about 4A is if they did a jumping move you can hit confirm 4A airhit into 3B BE and laugh as they get combo'd. (Troll combo involving wallsplats uses 4A immediately after a second wallsplat which counts as an aerial hit. If you catch someone off guard, you can do 2nd W! 4A, 4A, C2B x n. Gimmicks all day long)
Xeph is Just Guarding as an OS quite a lot.
If you see him doing that after every attack (noticable by the guard twitch) C3A THE FUCK OUT OF HIM!!!!!!
You Can NOT JG successively if you're trying to OS it. So when you see the twitch, release C3A and watch his guard gauge slowly diminish. Do it enough and he'll stop OS'ing his JG and you can go back to normal pressure.
Wallsplat C3A leads into 2K. Take the damage that would win you sooner...
With Pyrrha's CE if you JG the second hit (which isn't obscure as hell timing), you can 22B to evade and punish the third.
Bad luck with the punishing 236B. Guessing lag?

When someone rushes you down with non-stop abare. 2A. Hilde's is good. If you're feeling ballsy, use 4A (since it does more damage but has the same advantage and impact frames)
The other wonderful thing about 4A is if they did a jumping move you can hit confirm 4A airhit into 3B BE and laugh as they get combo'd. (Troll combo involving wallsplats uses 4A immediately after a second wallsplat which counts as an aerial hit. If you catch someone off guard, you can do 2nd W! 4A, 4A, C2B x n. Gimmicks all day long)
Xeph is Just Guarding as an OS quite a lot.
If you see him doing that after every attack (noticable by the guard twitch) C3A THE FUCK OUT OF HIM!!!!!!
You Can NOT JG successively if you're trying to OS it. So when you see the twitch, release C3A and watch his guard gauge slowly diminish. Do it enough and he'll stop OS'ing his JG and you can go back to normal pressure.
Wallsplat C3A leads into 2K. Take the damage that would win you sooner...
With Pyrrha's CE if you JG the second hit (which isn't obscure as hell timing), you can 22B to evade and punish the third.
Bad luck with the punishing 236B. Guessing lag?

Haven't watched these replays but i will later today. Just a few things i want to add to what runis said. When i notice someone is OS jg'ing a lot i just rush grab and it will make it so they wont want to OS jg so much. They are busy taping G while your grabbing them.

We should all know by now that you should never do c3a outside of combo. Spam c2a and space it out with wave dash. Right now on xbl most the people i fight dont even know how to handle this. I mean really risk vs reward vs high level players c3a is not worth it.

Runis- i really like these juggles, ill have to check them out. Got a practice jg'ing pyrra's ce never thought to do that.

I'm slowly getting there. I'm only losing to higher ranked players now. The Cervantes went hamhocks on me and I just panicked.

Rule one to fighting games.
If you are in kill range and the easy combo will win, but if you drop the hard one you won't, do the easy and stable combo.
When you see Pat charge his aGI jump stab thing, B+K him. Who knows you might get lucky and land air throw hit box.
Against Xiba, if you EVER block his get up off ground A+B, 22B cause its -30 on block. GG Xiba eats 22B for stupid shit.
Hilde spaces well vs Xiba and if you can get into a spacing war with him (and make it kinda varied distance with 66A's, 66K's and 22A's) you can likely stall long enough for a C4B, which if he whiffs one of his moves at range (which is possible) the C4B will punish it.

Against Xiba, if you EVER block his get up off ground A+B, 22B cause its -30 on block. GG Xiba eats 22B for stupid shit.
Unless the wiki is wrong and 22B is i20, it shouldn't be able to punish anything less than -40.

You do have more than enough time to CE punish or even RCC 3B BE/3BA → C1B punish it though. You may also be able to jump it on reaction and punish with a standing move, like against Asta's 1AA.

I'm slowly getting there. I'm only losing to higher ranked players now. The Cervantes went hamhocks on me and I just panicked.

You gota ironicly work on two things that have been front page article's. spacing and whiffing. And dont even look at ranks tbh. If your losing to all A1's it means you just dont know the game well enough. When you whiff you leave yourself totally open to be hit. You whiff a lot..... In general i think your spacing is decent you just not using the right moves at distance. Way to much c3b and 6bb and not enough 66b and c2a. C2a is so good for hilde cause it makes people afraid to step vs you. You don't use enough c2a so i would just step all over you.

seriously you gota make sure you almost never use c3a. I feel like you spend alot of time holding A when you should not be.Dont be afraid to constantly keep recharging A. You need to learn how to spam c1 and c2 A. Learn the spacing on c1 and c2 A. Trust me its so worth it its not even funny. Not to mention if your holding A all the time you can never use AA. And AA is essential to keeping people away from you and maintaining good distance.

You are using 44b way to much. And in fact when i played you a few days ago i felt like you use B attacks to much in general. Personally i think 6bb sucks, i would rather just use bb. And i barley use any B attacks. If you gona use a B attack as a poke use 66b. All the B attacks are easily stepped so you might as well use the best one.

Your a good player you just let yourself whiff way to much and when you do space you use the wrong moves.

You can duck pats auto parry move @ 3:38

I have no clue as to why I started using 6BB and 44B so much. It just started happening. As for theC3A, I forget that I'm holding the button down sometimes and C3B is my favorite move besides C2A, so I use it to a lot. I just really need to learn match ups as well as correcting my spacing and whiff punishes like you said.

Back