Hilde: Video / Feedback Thread

I have no clue as to why I started using 6BB and 44B so much. It just started happening. As for theC3A, I forget that I'm holding the button down sometimes and C3B is my favorite move besides C2A, so I use it to a lot. I just really need to learn match ups as well as correcting my spacing and whiff punishes like you said.

Yeah i agree, really besides the whiffing your biggest prob is match up EXP. And thats just something that takes times. 44b is really good, but if you use it at the end of every pressure string it becomes obvious. Best advice i can give you about c3a is dont panic and let it go randomly. This strat will work vs a lot of people. But Most of the best people will jg c3a every time you do it. With that being said, if someone shows they cant jg c3a spam the shi out of it :)

C3A is actually far more dangerous than most people realize.
Any aGI move that catches mid horizontals will beat the 2nd hit for free.
Off the top of my head that's:
Hilde, Cervy, Patsuka, Pyrrha, Sieg, NM(CE), Xiba, Damp(CE), Algol, and maybe lexi(not 100% sure though).
Other than the CE's those all are 1 frame input moves meaning even if they react slow, there's a higher chance they can throw it out.
This also applies to her C3B. The moment your opponent shows that he can aGI it (meaning he knows his aGI works on it) Never use it again. Unlike JG, aGI's are far easier to pull off consistently especially on very telegraphed moves like C3's

C3A is actually far more dangerous than most people realize.
Any aGI move that catches mid horizontals will beat the 2nd hit for free.
Off the top of my head that's:
Hilde, Cervy, Patsuka, Pyrrha, Sieg, NM(CE), Xiba, Damp(CE), Algol, and maybe lexi(not 100% sure though).
Other than the CE's those all are 1 frame input moves meaning even if they react slow, there's a higher chance they can throw it out.
This also applies to her C3B. The moment your opponent shows that he can aGI it (meaning he knows his aGI works on it) Never use it again. Unlike JG, aGI's are far easier to pull off consistently especially on very telegraphed moves like C3's

Ok let me tell you a short story. I play a player named fixedswine who uses cervy alot. When i play him he auto GI's all c3 charges, using auto gi moves. Its pretty effective. So eventually i came across hates. When i played hates cervy i noticed he wasnt auto gi'ing my c3's. So i told him "hey you should auto gi hildes charges with cervy". He said "no" and i asked him why. He said" cause if i JG your c3's i get way more damaging counter combo. So doing the auto gi isnt worth it to me".

My opinion at the time was just do the auto gi's cause its easier. But to be pro means to not mess up and to always go for max damage. So its really just a mentality of play style. If your flusterd you might use auto gi instead of JG. But the best option is JG.

Oh I know for a fact JG gives far better return. I'm just saying that if they show you they can aGI it, it means that you will always eat that aGI as that's always the easiest option to pull off.
Thing is I play Hilde and for me, 3[A] does more damage than JG 3BA. If your opponent shows that they have an answer, stop trying it is what I'm saying and those characters all have easy answers to C3's

Yeah im just saying most the time its better to JG it. There are a few exceptions of course. With hilde i tend to JG cause i am holding A alot of the time that im fighting. But the better option is 3A. Really its a hilde vs hilde strat cause you can be hurt bad trying to 3a vs most other characters. I am just adding to what your saying, not saying you are wrong.

My Hilde tell me what you think!?!? :) I'm [UnknownxUknown]

Ok after watching this for afew mins know that i am going to bash your play hard. But its all to help make you better.

hilde 22_88-aa can be ducked on the 2nd a.

Learn how to use c1a and c2a. All i see you using is c3's and that is some super beginner type stuff. Play around with the charge times.

Never do c2b randomly

after you hit with 22_88 aa- keep the momentum going by either grabing or doing 66k right away. If they try to move your 66k will hit, if they just stand there grab will hit. If they try to duck your grab 66k will hit.

you dont understand a basic principle of the game which is taking advantage on hit attacks. If you hit with a attack you are usually at a advantage. And it gives you opportunity to attack again safely. So lets say you hit with 1a. If your opponent wants to move or attack after that 1a they are open to be hit if you attack . So you do 1a and then right away do 66k. This is called a frame trap, if they attack or try to move after your 1a they will be hit by your 66k.

With that being said you need to use way more kicks with hilde 66k,3k,k,2k,1k. These are her close range tools. I notice when you play her you only stay long range. And its cause you dont feel like she is good upclose. But actually she is. Use these kicks, make frame traps on his.

3BA the A can be ducked

22_88 B is special because it is a attack that on block creates a frametrap.

Blocked 22_88 B- A+B catches people who want to steo left or right after blocking 22_88 b

blocked 22_88 B-c1b catches people who try to step back or attack after blocked 22_88 B

You use way to much c3a, good people will jg that 100% of the time and own you.

after a hit c2a do either 2A+B or Ce , they combo.

Your not using enough low attacks at all. Whats to stop someone from just blocking you high the whole match. You need to do more 2k,44b,1k,1a,2B+K(at range),1B. Once you hit with a attack you have advantage so always attack again right away if you hit your opponent. There are alot of other things you could work on but i think this is enough to sink in for now.

Best hilde in the world cant consistently c2b loop pyrra. Every match i saw of him vs pyrra he drop'ed the loop. After droping it afew times he just did BE loop. I watched him fight 3 different pyrra's that weekend and he didnt get past 2nd rep of c2b loop vs any of them.

Thanks for the post, if you find matches of him fighting viola i would like to see them. She is even smaller then pyrra.

Here two fights by me ^^ Its still difficult for me to play Hilde powerful enough but i think, i´m getting better more and more. I know the most of my gameplay-mistakes with her but anyway some tipps would be nice :)

Back