How do you play your Nightmare?

TadeMasu

[08] Mercenary
Im not sure if this thread will be closed or not o_O, but yeh any way im just curious as to how you people play your Nightmare's.

Do you play him defensively? Aggresively? Do you prefer to counter with him? Do you prefer to rush the opponent into submission? Or are you an all arounder who does everything depending on the situation lol.

No Nightmare is the same, so it would be cool to see how you guys play your Nightmare's, i personally prefer a bit of aggresion and counter, my defense is absolutely dreadful in the sense that i whiff a little too much, and i have a hard time blocking some of the moves lol. I know a lot of his frame data, but for some reason i cant process it and use it in my tactics when fighting opponents.

So how do you guys play your Nightmare? And please everyone has there own opinion about offline and online (especially online being broken to some), so try to keep those to yourself and not aggravate anyone or cause an argument, opinions are most welcome, but just not provoking please.

I haven't played in about a year (damn connection), but I think that "defensive" and "aggressive" are too simplistic for Nightmare (maybe for everyone).

If we're going to break it down into such broad concepts I guess I kind of play pokey broken up by stance dance/ shenanigans (NTC, NSS evades, 1/wr/[A]/3), until I get a nice knockdown then I beast it up with NM's sexy oki.

Or I get within 10 feet of a wall and go apeshit crazy aggressive.

I would say that my style tends to lean more toward defensive (my "default" if you will). However, to play well you must be able to change your aggression level based on the style of the enemy player and the character they are using.

Against high tiers space out defensive like and throw out 3Bs.

Duck WSB.
AGA(block) A+B
AGA(block) GSA
AGA(block) NSS
AGA(block) attack.

Against raph, Vader, stupid kilik, annoying voldo.

When side stepping is to defensive an option. 88AB, or 88_22B. Just when I got hot with 88_22AB the world discovers it.

66K, 1K, 11K

GS A
GS B
GS 1K
GS Throws
GS WSB
GS WSAA cancel GS
GS 88AB
There's is too much information on Nightmare for me to give really just watch Keev and Tiamats videos even that won't be enough.

play as manly as possible

step alot, NM has a great step, i like those whiff punishings. but overall i play NM defensively with k pokes.

play as manly as possible

step alot, NM has a great step, i like those whiff punishings. but overall i play NM defensively with k pokes.

i think NM step is ugly . i think i'm gonna use lots of 1k , but i hate it when people call me a " bitch " for being so cheap ? and 1k happy ? online of course i'm going to get bad messages . that's the only thing that's hindering me . haven't played SC4 in a week or two , when i come back i'm gonna 1k the shit out of everyone .

I recently picked up Hilde (mostly to pwn n00bs online) so I've adapted that step and spacing heavy game to NM. I thought I was pretty good with step before, but I've seen a significant improvement in my game. I still have a soul crush NM up my sleeve, but that has since taken a back seat to whiff punish and throw mixup.

I recently picked up Hilde (mostly to pwn n00bs online) so I've adapted that step and spacing heavy game to NM. I thought I was pretty good with step before, but I've seen a significant improvement in my game. I still have a soul crush NM up my sleeve, but that has since taken a back seat to whiff punish and throw mixup.

i played you , didn't i ?

For some reason i can never get my Nightmare to soul crush, its utterly impossible for me lol, i think i have a better chance of soul crushing the opponent when i play as Yoda, no clue why, i am just not accustomed to soul crushing... mainly because i hate critical finishes and never do them ^_^.

So my hat off to you who has a soul crush Nightmare, i cannot get in the rythme of mood to soul crush... at all lol.

I probably play my Nightmare defensively but I use alot of 1[A] and Aga to apply pressure for oki or while they step. I also have a tendency to be pretty unsafe lol

Also the manliest Nightmare is the CF Nightmare. Who cares about damage when you can CF them? :P

Against my NM or Hilde? My NM has a couple custom outfits; my Hilde is azure armor with purple garments underneath or is in my ode to Kamina outfit. Also, gt is aggrogahu.

For soul crush, 1[A] > GS B, 2B+K > FC3B, 66B, and NTC shenanigans are the basis.

You should add in some 6B:B and aB into there. Both deal quite a bit of soul gauge damage, and 6B:B is mostly safe when used at range.

It's not that lame, better than Yun-Seongs, but not better than Yoda's (nobody's is better than Yoda's) (CF I'm talkin bout)...
I poke alot, and space alot, and do lots of wall combos, and punish, I don't step too much unless I'm at a distance, I use aG+A, 33B and NSS A as spacing, 66B, A:G+A and 1[A] for wake-up, I grab when necessary, and I try to get into Soul Charge as fast as possible so I can use 3 for soul guage damage... Just an all around bland ol' Nightmare... Thats right 1K is annoying, but I'd have to say it's his best poke along with a:G:A, abusing it shouldn't be a problem unless a good Setsuka punishes you with FC 3a:B, 1K is a good legitimate way to get in some chip damage...

due I play my nightmare ONLY aggressively, I mean I just can't stop attacking, I have to be hitting you one way or another if not grabs, and that doesn't mean my defense is gay or sucks, please, it's actually... decent, but still, and don't even get me to the wall combos. I will try like a bitch to get you to the wall to combo you and never let you go, and if you break or escape I will the the impossible to get you back lol but that's just my nightmare, it's still needs work ^^

I play my Nighty several ways:

Against short range characters, I use B+K spacing. When an attack whiffs, its a free NSS [A], NSS K, though I should be utilizing NSS A+B at that time.

Against fast characters, I use 11K, 66K, and 6K a lot to bait them into an A+B.

Against Amy, I ragequit.

Back