How does a man get a lot of unconditional love in life?

I feel for you DEX. More often then not it's the nice guys who finish last.

The good news is, the older you get, the less women (and people in general) care about superficial shit.

Unfortunately I don't really have an answer for you as to how to get people to love you (and not in the gay way, I mean friends who will be there for you when you need it most). It's taken me almost 40 years to figure out why people generally don't like me, because it always seems to be for different reasons every time.

And then you have some friends who call you a friend but never want to hang out. They always say their busy, and they never call you, it's always you calling them.

Maybe at one point they actually considered you a worthy friend, but somehow you fucked that all up.

One thing I DO know, is that if you provide entertainment for people, they will gravitate towards you more. This could be anything from being the life of the party to a person who invites them on ski trips. If you are people's connection to a good time, they will call you their friend for life.

On the other hand, if you are depressed and angry at the world like me, and loudly voice your opinion of how screwed up the world is, people don't want to hear it, even if deep down they agree with you.

It's shitty that when you're depressed you have to keep it to yourself, when sometimes you want nothing more than to get it off your chest and talk it out. Trust me, I know that feeling all too well. That was actually the reason why my wife divorced me, because she said I was too depressed at life and was a drag to be around. Of course this only made me even more depressed.

It's times like these that I go buy a bottle of booze and drink myself retarded. I can't figure out why people don't like me any more than you do, and I'm much older than you. Take comfort in the fact that you're not alone is all I can really offer you in terms of solutions.

I will be here whenever you need me.

Don't be a shithead and don't be a doormat. People with these ideas of extremes, "Oh I'm so nice but I can't get any girls," well, you're probably not appealing because you are too easy.

Good women at minimum want an equal, not someone to worship them. They go for "assholes" because these are guys with confidence or know what they want... but those relationships are usually shit because they are with an asshole.

And even then everybody is different. The girl could be a shithead, you never know, you just have to keep trying. And if it looks like it won't work out or she isn't into you, FORGET ABOUT IT and move on, because trying to make something out of nothing is going to get at least one person hurt bar none.

This has probably already been said pages ago, I can't remember.

Back