How to port Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition to PS2

artard4321

[12] Conqueror
^^^ is that a stage port from sc2... or was that in the data already?
I believe that the data has been there since the console version of Soulcalibur III. That stage wasn't a fully functioning stage and was only used for some cinematic. It is, however, a working stage in Soulcalibur III Arcade Edition and would work well if you import the stage from the Arcade Edition to the Console Version rather than using the version already in the console.

What I wonder though would be how they got the music. Last I checked, I couldn't find any trace of Soulcalibur II music and BGM when I was exploring through the sound files in the Arcade Edition.

DYY

[09] Warrior
^^^ I actually do remember that stage in some of the endings, but it never clicked to me that it was the sc2 stage. Was that a fully functional stage in AE? I was under the impression it was one of the ending stages that you needed to use a hacking device to reach.

C.AntonioFalcon

[09] Warrior
You could also use the OLK explorer and replace another stage with that. I recommend to use the one from AE though, as artard4321 said.

C.AntonioFalcon

[09] Warrior
Ok! After working very hard, now I realised that Ivy and Yoshimitsu's movesets get glitched when too much space is allocated in them, and the AE movesets are big enough to allocate too much of it. If only there was a way to reduce their sizes...

leni

[08] Mercenary
hm, i did the whole thing, and it works

didn't bother to replace Ivy/Yoshimitsu movesets as it won't work

i tried to replace the character selection screen, and it really is the AE selection screen but it's pointless, because when I try to choose my Hwang, i get to play as Ivy instead : P

I also got a bug on the selection screen (of normal SC3), when i select a character, while they are still at the top of the selection screen, their face dissapears for some reason and I get a terrible Abyss type teeth and hair without face, for every single character, any way to fix it!?

leni

[08] Mercenary
maybe it's because i replace the selection screen with the AE one and then back to original SC3 selection screen?

artard4321

[12] Conqueror
I still want to find the solution for Yoshimitsu and Ivy... What I was thinking of would be if it is possible to lower the file size of their moveset but I have no idea on ways to do that. If only we have a software to use to mod Soulcalibur III.

C.AntonioFalcon

[09] Warrior
I'm starting to think that the space allocation process of the OLK Explorer is bugged. That may be causing those problems. I think it wouldn't be hard to fix, if one could be a good programmer...

Ian

[10] Knight
I'm starting to think that the space allocation process of the OLK Explorer is bugged. That may be causing those problems. I think it wouldn't be hard to fix, if one could be a good programmer...
I'm sorry I can't be of any help ;~;. The only thing other than having AE working on PS2 is custom model and moveset importing, but I don't see that happening any time soon considering no one is really doing anything else with SCIII except for you. For that, I thank you!

C.AntonioFalcon

[09] Warrior
You're welcome buddy! Anyways, from what I know, there isn't any way to import custom movesets in SC2 either, you can only customize models and the Xbox version is the only one to allow that.