How to port Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition to PS2

Oh, and I've also noticed that the lifebars from the AE have some "wings" that don't appear when ported over.

Ok! After working very hard, now I realised that Ivy and Yoshimitsu's movesets get glitched when too much space is allocated in them, and the AE movesets are big enough to allocate too much of it. If only there was a way to reduce their sizes...

hm, i did the whole thing, and it works

didn't bother to replace Ivy/Yoshimitsu movesets as it won't work

i tried to replace the character selection screen, and it really is the AE selection screen but it's pointless, because when I try to choose my Hwang, i get to play as Ivy instead : P

I also got a bug on the selection screen (of normal SC3), when i select a character, while they are still at the top of the selection screen, their face dissapears for some reason and I get a terrible Abyss type teeth and hair without face, for every single character, any way to fix it!?

I still haven't found any way to fix the AE selection screen. And I've never encountered that error before...

I still want to find the solution for Yoshimitsu and Ivy... What I was thinking of would be if it is possible to lower the file size of their moveset but I have no idea on ways to do that. If only we have a software to use to mod Soulcalibur III.

I'm starting to think that the space allocation process of the OLK Explorer is bugged. That may be causing those problems. I think it wouldn't be hard to fix, if one could be a good programmer...

You're welcome buddy! Anyways, from what I know, there isn't any way to import custom movesets in SC2 either, you can only customize models and the Xbox version is the only one to allow that.

Then you won't be disappointed if you give it a shot. Trust me! This version has one of the best gameplays in the series.

It's tedious but it's not really a difficult task. It took me around an hour or so to get things completed. It works pretty well but you're not really adding extra contents from the Arcade game as much as you are replacing contents in the PS2 game with content from the Arcade Edition. Overall, changing this to Arcade Edition balances gameplay but you can't really use Yoshimitsu and Ivy since they will crash the game and this is probably the main problem that needs to be solved. In exchange however, we get Hwang and Li Long with a more balanced moveset and they are fun characters to play.
If there was a way to explore more into modding the game, it would be nice to get the new character select screen to work.
--------------------
As for the Yoshimitsu and Ivy problem, a solution I was thinking of is adding their new moveset into another character's moveset(preferably the characters absent in AE) and use Action Replay or Gameshark to swap the new allocated moveset(from one of the bonus characters) to Ivy and Yoshimitsu's old moveset. Since we are allocating their AE moveset into another space, we might not get the error. I haven't tried any of these yet and it's been a while since I modded or played with the OLK files so I'm not too sure about this.

It sounds like a pretty nice idea, but I'd like to check if that error with the space allocation also occurs for the other characters...

Sorry about the delay of this post, but I had put Ivy's style long ago on an extra character (you know, I had replaced many extras fighting styles with the standard ones with the same weapon just to make them playable) and that character also froze the game. I'm sorry, but it looks like your solution wouldn't work.

Back