How to port Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition to PS2

I just set the VU Cycling mode to Extra, and while it did fix the teleportation, it didn't fix Ivy and Yoshimitsu.

At least it fixed the teleportation, right?.. Right? :sc1yos1::sc1ivy3:

By the way, I found the character images' location. While Byros found the database, I figured out the images location. But, you will need to change the hex codes in order to change char icons... HARD? Well... not quite. I will upload the text file that has all the hex codes for it on the Modding Soulcalibur 3 thread.

Good Evening.

At least it fixed the teleportation, right?.. Right? :sc1yos1::sc1ivy3:

By the way, I found the character images' location. While Byros found the database, I figured out the images location. But, you will need to change the hex codes in order to change char icons... HARD? Well... not quite. I will upload the text file that has all the hex codes for it on the Modding Soulcalibur 3 thread.

Good Evening.
Great! Thanks a lot.

Now let's take a look at the original lifebars, and compare them to the AE lifebars.

Here are the original PS2 lifebars.
original_zpsd2iwdf9n.png

The lifebars were updated in the AE, and they look like this:
ae_zpszzqn5ku0.png

Now, for some reason, if you port the lifebars over to the PS2 version, they don't actually look right. (They are stored in File3.olk->File6.pkg)
ae%20to%20ps2_zpswl7z8xfa.png

The wings that should be on the edges of the lifebars appear at the start/end of the character name instead, and there are other inaccuracies there, too. I wonder if there's a way to fix it...

Also notice that the SC4 and SC5 lifebars look a bit like the SC3AE lifebars.

Last edited:
I've got news about Ivy and Yoshimitsu! I've just tried importing two AE movesets into Ivy: Hwang and Cassandra. Hwang's moveset was slightly bigger than Ivy's PS2 moveset, and that required an extra allocation, while Cassandra's style was smaller. Turns out that Ivy will crash with Hwang's moveset, but not with Cassandra's moveset. So that means that Ivy's and Yoshi's moveset files just don't like space allocations at all.

Last edited:
One more thing about Ivy and Yoshi: their movesets won't work even if you replace other characters' movesets with them.

I've also found out that only File1.pkg from AE File6.olk is needed for the AE movesets to work properly. The other three files don't change anything.

Anyone still working on this? I've ran into this bug, I wonder if anyone knows what went wrong.
The physics of blocking few moves is completely off as you can see in the link here.

This is the modifications I've done:
- Imported AE's File6.olk, File1-4.pkg into SC3's File7.olk, File1-4.pkg
- Imported AE title screen (File5.olk, 761.pkg)
- finally wrapped everything up into an iso.

Did I do anything wrong? Thanks!

Anyone still working on this? I've ran into this bug, I wonder if anyone knows what went wrong.
The physics of blocking few moves is completely off as you can see in the link here.

Currently, it's impossible to fully port AE to PS2. A lot of physics are broken and they will be.

The files 1-4 from the AE do not work correctly with the original movesets. If you import the AE movesets, this problem will be fixed.

But messes up the select screen.
Where exactly are the character select poses I know it's in File 3 but.............

Interesting find. Any idea if it fixes the issue I was having with weapons being in the wrong hands as well?

EDIT: And I'm still searching for a way to swap those memory card slots and the bonus slot out with a normal character slot.

I don't have any problem with weapons in the wrong hand at all, it just mixes up the characters and messes up the select screen, cause File 3 has some things the PS2 ver. doesn't have.

Did you install the files properly???

What exactly is contained in the files 1-4; Do you know?
Actually, if I remember something I did a while a go correctly, it turned out that only File1 is different from the original version, so only that file is required for these movesets to work. That's all I know, though.

Back