How to port Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition to PS2

Perhaps due to this thread someone has already made a video approximating Hwang's SCIIIAE movelist. @Amysorel3 thanks so much for pointing out that link of the ISO!
Can anyone confirm if he missed any AE moves - or whether this page is missing any instead? Looks like he missed out A+KB and maybe K+G?
Hwang.jpg

Last edited:
@Mantis2K Whoa whoa thanks!

How did you find that picture? Do you have the movelist for Amy or Li Long? I will definitely use this movelist in my clone comparison for Hwang in my SC3 AE video

I'm working on Sieg and Nightmare then I'll do Rock/Asta and end SC1 with Kilik/Mina.

Unfortunately due to my school starting I've slowed down editing significantly. I could afford to do it earlier because I was on holiday but now I really need to take my classes seriously! :X

I'm aiming to finish the Sieg/Night one this week though. Gonna try to do at least one a week

If you really take your classes (and student loan!) seriously then I suggest checking out Oofmatic's Flat Earth topic over in the general forum. :-p Yeah, I know it's hard finding free time, but great news - I look forward to seeing Sieg/Night!

@Amysorel3 Woah woah woah woah woah, what? You got em working! I am now interested on this topic, although all the problems in the video are signs of a generic PS2 OUTOFMEMORY_EXCEPTION.

@Ian I am now fully and truly back, developing a game on one side, working on KH on the other, and working on SC3 on the third side. I am also looking for a way to swap the CARD slots with CHAR slots. Who knows, maybe one of us will find it.

I need some help. I was following the steps given in this thread to create the SCIII: AE which i thought it was going to emuparadise look for SCIII ( i chose SC31001-NA-A key, NA-B disc) then extract the .chd file, navigate through root.olk and export the .pkg files from file6.olk and some of file5.olk and finally going to the root.olk of the original game and replace the original files with the ones exported before.
I was on my way to replacing them but i stumbled upon a file that couldn't be replaced because the format was .mot and it doesn't accept .pkg as a substitute.
By that i started to question if i was following the steps in the right way...

Attachments

• file14.mot.png
    file14.mot.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 451
@Amysorel3 Woah woah woah woah woah, what? You got em working! I am now interested on this topic, although all the problems in the video are signs of a generic PS2 OUTOFMEMORY_EXCEPTION.

@Ian I am now fully and truly back, developing a game on one side, working on KH on the other, and working on SC3 on the third side. I am also looking for a way to swap the CARD slots with CHAR slots. Who knows, maybe one of us will find it.

I think the Memory card and Bonus character slots may need coding to be removed, as putting in file 3 messes up the character select screen but it still doesn't replace those slots. Also do you happen to know where Amy's new select pose is? As it seems to be in file 3 pkg 38 but....
Here's what it looks like. I want to know where it is exactly but no luck

Attachments

• 2017-10-25.png
    2017-10-25.png
    2 MB · Views: 703
I think the Memory card and Bonus character slots may need coding to be removed, as putting in file 3 messes up the character select screen but it still doesn't replace those slots. Also do you happen to know where Amy's new select pose is? As it seems to be in file 3 pkg 38 but....

Will check on that.

**Coding to be removed**
Nothing ever is truly hard-coded. First hope is Files1-4, last hope is the executable.

And, it messes the screen up because all of the Icons are in File3, at least the references to them. As well as Char Selection Data.

So, it seems that the game is using the Universal Character Modifier logic. And by knowing that logic, if I can find the appopriate file, I can make the Memory Cards act like Amy and Li Long.

That sounds similar to how Smash Bros handles their character select screen. This could be possible with a gameshark/actionreplay/pnatch if it is handled the way I think it is, based on your description.

There IS a code for it already. But we wanna do it a ROM hack.
That's... the issue.

Ah, not quite what I meant. In smash bros, there are codes that modify the universal character engine and the locations of where portraits appear on the selection screen-- I thought that was what you meant.
The way that the Screen works is this:
Every slot has a UCM ID attached to them that loads other thigs alongside with variables such as isRingOutable.
And the memory cards do too have a UCM that causes another window to pop up.
Knowing this, with the right file, I can even make Night Terror playable.

From trying to make it work and reading about it, it appears Cd Dvd Gen cannot be installed on newer 64bit OSes but already installed, portable versions of the program still work.
Sorry to beg, but could someone upload their copy of the program to keep this guide future-proof for a bit longer?

Back