Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Tyrik32785

[08] Mercenary
I have this great idea about what if a Sc game was made that could bring back every character in the saga(Like Tekken tag Tournament regardless if they died or are non canon).Like it would have Night terror,Abyss etc.Wouldn`t That be awesome and its gameplay modes would have combined modes from all Soul caliburs like Sc3`s Tournament mode,Chronicles of the sword mode,Soul arena Sc 2,Time attack,Team battle etc.What do you think about That?And it would be better than just waiting for Soul calibur 5 game give us another Hd graphics c game to play.

I have a idea:what if there wa s a soulcalibur history(like tekken tag ) ga

Im all for a reboot and there seems to be a lot of outcry for old characters gone missing (hwang), but I don't think that's the way to go. Personally I would like SC to get the Mortal Kombat treatment. Start the story over and rebuild with what we have, but push for new ideas on top of old, dont just "HD" the old ones. A lot of people say SC2 is the games prime, but feel side by side SC4 is better since it's more evolved, and there's still a lot of rough areas to smooth over that could work it's way into 5.

If anything the game really just needs to improve online, because despite some people loving some of the old single player modes, online is the meat of the game and desperately needs some TLC.

I only really push for a reboot because while Im ok with the premise...this series has a terrible plot and narrative and needs to be scrapped (it's almost vanilla SF4 bad)...but who plays a fighter for plot?

Itz very hard for me to say. Obviously to have all extra features in Soul Calibur would cost time and money for the developers. Because of those constraints, there's not gonna be enough for other features. SC2 has pretty much all the necessary features and I think developers should start from there.

Even implementing an enriched story can be costly, so I guess if a company were to do that, they would have to place it in another genre.

Wow, you're the first person who's ever thought of Soul Calibur Tag!

No, wait, no you're not.

A new game is still a new game. They can't just wrap up old programming and throw it out the door again. I'd rather have SC5.

franman i am just saying like a Soulcalibur game(can be canon or noncanon ) to Bring every character together(even dead ones and existing and non canon characters Like Tekken Tag Tournament).But i do agree that it would take time to develop but it would be better than just waiting for Soulcalibur 5(which might not even be made due to the sc director wishing for it) and if it was made it would be good to shorten the waiting time for sc5(the price i would say for it would be twenty five dollars so people can afford to buy it better).And imagine the battles Algol,Abyss,Inferno,Astaroth vs charade,Nightmare,Siegfried,Strife etc.IvyFanboy I also agree that the sc story may need a reboot since some parts of it are getting stupid(Like characters ending up with the same goal as the previous game like Mitsurugi,Yun seong etc.i think Soulcalbiur 2 had the best story cus it was so dark and had power in it,

I see you have a total lack of understanding involving every single force at play here.

Tyrik, can you space your words from punctuations?
It hurts my eyes, to strain it from trying to read it.

Tut another What if thread *eye roll*

Archangel WHY DON`T YOU SUCK A DICK?

Yes, a suck a dick comment in all CAPS is really going to stop him from trolling you...

I can't reason with somebody like him, all I can do is mock.

Arch stop bein a scrub troll. While there are plenty of flaws in the OPs statements, they can be handled through discussion (and really if you wanna go the mocking route at least apply some decent wit)

To the OP. It may sound simple to take existing elements and hybrid them into a game and release it, but it's not. They would still have to grab all the models and adapt them to one style or create whole new ones. Also moves lists would need to be decided since they change. Then you have to bring some characters up to speed to accommodate mechanics that may not have existed in their debut. Then you need to rebalance them all to make sure they all work in the agreed upon mechanics and etc...

It is actually a whole new game that would take probably just as long as SC5. You would be better off rereleasing an older game with online, maybe some slight balance and glitch tweeks and call it a day.

franman i am just saying like a Soulcalibur game(can be canon or noncanon ) to Bring every character together(even dead ones and existing and non canon characters Like Tekken Tag Tournament).But i do agree that it would take time to develop but it would be better than just waiting for Soulcalibur 5(which might not even be made due to the sc director wishing for it) and if it was made it would be good to shorten the waiting time for sc5(the price i would say for it would be twenty five dollars so people can afford to buy it better).
Then I think a more updated version of SC4 w/extra content as a new game (just like SSF4) is pretty close to what you may want. They did have SC4:BD but that was only for PSP. Some ppl here wanted an updated version of the game, but it has been so many years after SC4's release and I think many ppl here want a new SC iteration that's refreshed.

And imagine the battles Algol,Abyss,Inferno,Astaroth vs charade,Nightmare,Siegfried,Strife etc.IvyFanboy I also agree that the sc story may need a reboot since some parts of it are getting stupid(Like characters ending up with the same goal as the previous game like Mitsurugi,Yun seong etc.i think Soulcalbiur 2 had the best story cus it was so dark and had power in it,
Have you played Doom before? Well there's the classic ones and then you have Doom 3 which I think is a rehash of the Doom series. Is that how you want Soul Calibur to go?

archangel actually trolls someone? wow............ i didn't he know he had the ability. i approve.

i'm of the mind where Soul calibur should just die, and namco/bandai just make a new franchise... sc3 and 4 really feels like tekken with weapons with all the combos that i see, it's very much feeling like a tekken juggle... plus the game feels very slow compared to sc2. just feels so very slugglish.

and wasn't there a tag mode in sc4? so... isn't this kinda moot? meh..

new franchise. sc is lame now.... it's dead. gone. buried.. lame. garbage. shit.. and all that crap...

new franchise needed. soul calibur was technically dead when the original producer for soul calibur left namco.

also.. to further my commentary...

really Ty? you goin tell someone in all caps to go suck a dick? really? is that really the best your brain could come up with? like for real.... you really thought.. hey. i'm going to type in all caps. suck a dick archangel. and actually think he would be offended by this? what are you, eight years old? you a kid? you new to the internet? is this your first forum or some shit that you really thought... you typing in all caps.. go suck a dick. is a good idea... the fuck gave you that inclination? i mean seriously..

if some ol little punk ass dumb fuck on the web told me to suck a dick in all caps.. first thing i would do is laugh. and then say look at this dumb shit. then i would push buttons even more. simply because.. you amuse. hence. troll. now i admit, i can be a troll on these boards.. hell. i am. a fuckin troll on these boards. but it's love. it's nothing but love for these niggas and bitches on this forum. at one point i was participating in some degree about soul calibur because i cared. but i digress. going back..

seeing you.. say this dumb ass shit right there made me think.. wow.. this world is going to end in 2012... and i can't blame it. i mean.. have you seen the movie idiocracy? brilliant movie.. but you sir.... would fit so well in that world. after all... it has electrolytes... fuck does that mean? exactly.

pointless to get mad, irritated, what have you on a website. it's pointless. as the joker put it.. why so serious? be easy... but seriously...

step your fuckin game up. i mean dude... GO SUCK A DICK... really? just look at that for a second.

GO SUCK A DICK

look at that.... just look at that... is that not the most retarded piece of shit statement you have ever read? and that's the best you can do to someone who's bothering you.... take a minute to think about that... take all day if you need. that's the best you got...

you must be young... OH TO BE YOUNG! the stupidity that actually believes hes intelligent... i mean are you still in that know it all phase? and god help you if you're older then me.. you just might need to put the internet down for a bit.. just leave it alone... step away... go outside on the porch and look at some sunsets... or if you're in a city.. by the window.. lookin out to the city scape...

but yeah... dude..

step your game up. or go play your games.. either way...
shit.....

that's the best i can do.

understand, i'm tryin to help your dumb ass now... i'm not over here tryin to make your day a bad day now. i'm tryin to help you. i'm prayin for you now.. i'm tryin to help. what i'm sayin is...

if you goin do something... do something. half assin shit ain't about shit and if that's the best your shit got.. you need to step your game up. go level up and come back...

Madnis

I don't agree at all with your perspective. SC is nothing like Tekken, in fact most fans of both series will tell you how drastically different the games are. The juggling in Tekken is over the top, which isn't the case in SC(besides Hilde) so I'm not really sure where you're coming from. And frankly if you don't like the game, dont play it, but it's still a great series IMO sc4 was the best so far. The game is as fast as it needs to be.

Tyrik

your proposal is fine but in reality the long wait has nothing to do with SC5 specifically it's just the franchise itself. What I mean by this is that we may or may not see any soul calibur game history or present. They need approval to make any SC game so a different approach wont change the wait for a new game at all.

Madnis

I don't agree at all with your perspective. SC is nothing like Tekken, in fact most fans of both series will tell you how drastically different the games are. The juggling in Tekken is over the top, which isn't the case in SC(besides Hilde) so I'm not really sure where you're coming from. And frankly if you don't like the game, dont play it, but it's still a great series IMO sc4 was the best so far. The game is as fast as it needs to be.

yeah, millionz told me the same thing and got into another debate. one that i don't really care to get that deeply into. thing is, i don't know how people play it in the states... but uh... koreans love just frames. and there are a shit load of just frame juggles/combos that you can do in this game.

sure looking at the fine details you can see how these two games are different. but you look at it on a general level... just about every fighting game is played the same.

timing. spacing. combos. this is a very general statement, i realize this. but to dig a little deeper,

from what i've seen played of sc4 in my little group people usually go for combos. they go for the stun. they follow up with another hit that'll stun a different way... just frame attack that adds a couple more extra hits where i'm now faced with how shall i get up without getting fucked up.

most of the mind games i've seen in this game come from set ups where people try to go for hits that stun.
and though tekken is juggling, SC is now slowly following route with it's own version of combo attacks.

gone are the feints, delayed attacks, while jumping/landing attacks, the variations in attacks, and lastly soul charge.
to replace all that? combos... and just frames.

yeah. that's not tekken at all.

of course it's a general view. but the core gameplay is seemingly suspiciously a lot like tekken.
frankly. i blame harada.

edit. now of course, it's just my play experience that i've come to this conclusion. but um.. yeah.. i've been following your advise for quite some time.

i don't like sc4 as much as 2... but i don't hate it. and you're right. i don't play this game. i don't need you to tell me i shouldn't play a game i don't like or i don't have fun with. i haven't played sc4 in quite some time. like i said.

this franchise is dead. it's lame. it's buried. and namco shouldn't waste their time making another piece of crap failure of a game, where its fans are too blinded by their love for this game to see how similar it is to a game they vehemently hate.
they're made by the same company where the producer works on both games..

of course they're going to slowly become the same title. first with the sharing of moves... now slowly the sharing of gameplay.. pretty soon.. soul calibur is goin to be tekken with weapons.

i say before that happens.. burn the franchise down to the ground.
even though i loved soul calibur... i know when it's time to put a game to pasture...

Well Tyrik I choose not to troll but I can see why ppl troll on this thread, and that's because this idea doesn't contribute to anything at all.

The reality is that gamers can't do anything to make their game any more creative than what the developers intend for their games. Gaming companies these days only care about $$$. Any game that generates profit they will continue to work on it (their way) despite how good or bad their games are rated.

Even if you're gonna wound up working in the gaming industry chances are your game ideas aren't gonna be heard and you're just gonna co-operate with others.

Best you can do is sign the petition even though I felt that it ain't necessary for Namco to do that.

As for me Soul Calibur is fun, but I'm so behind in many other games itz not even funny. Trying to widen my exploration in all sorts of games not just fighting games in general.

Have you played Doom before? Well there's the classic ones and then you have Doom 3 which I think is a rehash of the Doom series. Is that how you want Soul Calibur to go?

Doom was fuckin awesome...even Doom 64. Heard Doom 3 was a dissapointment though. But nice taste Fran. :sc2nm1:

Madnis

Don't misunderstand, I'm not trying to offend you or anything when I say just don't play the game. I mean you come in here and say oh don't make another one, I hate it, etc etc, I'm saying plenty of people like the game let them enjoy it. If another one is made no one will force you to play. Like I personally am not big on the Tekken series so I simply don't play it rather than going on about how they should end the series because I don't like it.

And extended combos exist in many games, street fighter, blaze blue, mortal kombat, tekken, marvel vs capcom, DOA and many more. That's just how things are when you get to the competitive level of fighting games. And actually just to point out combos and just frames were in the series before sc4 they just didn't use the white flash. Also some of the game play elements you listed are actually still in the game. The games truly are very different but if you look at it to generally you'd think all fighting games are the same but they really aren't.

I agree with Dman. Dont bash on a game because you dont like it specially not in the forums for that game. Furthermore even though you think SC4 is similar to Tekken and I respect you opinion for it, it is a minority decision (actually i have never heard anyone say that soul calibur was tekken with weapons), most people who play both games extensively and casually will agree on them being very different games. And if you define fighting games by there "general level" then Soul Cali is the same game as BlazBlue.
Now I absolutely am not bashing on you or anything Im just saying there aren't many people who agree with you opinion that Soul calibur should just die, specially in these forums. Also if you look at high lvl play, it consists mostly of pokes not "extended combos/ juggles" (except for Yoshi but he is supposed to reflect on his tekken counterpart).

Back