I need a laptop!!!!

Ex: You only have one life and I intend to live mine to the fullest ^_^. I'll post pics when I'm done with the new rig. I'll probably get it built by the end of the year.

IBuyPower.com > Alienware

You can get something with similar specs for at $500 - $1000 less than Alienware. Obviously building a computer yourself is the best option, but that's not practical for everyone... 'specially for laptops.

However, I still think putting the words "gaming" and "laptop" together is far from ideal. You get a laptop for portability/convenience. You get a desktop if you want actual power for tasks like gaming, a/v editing, etc.

Depends what type of PC games you play. IF you're playing Crysis- yeah , it's inefficient.

I tend to play strat games mostly- the only reason I even have a console is fighting games. I would want something that can run SFIV though in the end.

My big problem is I wish there was a way to control PC clock speeds to set pentium M's in the middle range.

Do Dual-Cores have controllable speeds? I will likely get a Dual Core laptop.

RE: Jaxel's comment

I've never bought a pre-built pc because there's no greater satisfaction than building your own.

Obviously building a computer yourself is the best option, but that's not practical for everyone...

:p

astral: I don't understand your question. Clock speeds are controlled by the motherboard's BIOS. Get a pre-built, and the BIOS is 9 times out of 10 locked so that you can't change any of its settings. Buy the motherboard yourself and install it, then you can change the clock speed on any processor. Pentium, multi-core, whatever.

Barry: Pics would be awesome. I wanna see the ridiculous cooling system and PSU you'll have to get to handle 2 of those cards, lol.

What is it and building your own PC? People keep telling me to build my own but i never thought it was worth it, is it truely that good?

RE: Jaxel's comment

:p

astral: I don't understand your question. Clock speeds are controlled by the motherboard's BIOS. Get a pre-built, and the BIOS is 9 times out of 10 locked so that you can't change any of its settings. Buy the motherboard yourself and install it, then you can change the clock speed on any processor. Pentium, multi-core, whatever.

Barry: Pics would be awesome. I wanna see the ridiculous cooling system and PSU you'll have to get to handle 2 of those cards, lol.

I can use a program called SpeedSwitch XP to change the speed of my processor on my current laptop.

As for why I need a laptop: I'm working right now. Work allows you to bring a laptop to surf the net while you work. The only thing I can't do here is play MP games. Porting a desktop to and from work is kinda silly. You can't really build your own laptop reasonably.

divinechaos97 said:
What is it and building your own PC? People keep telling me to build my own but i never thought it was worth it, is it truely that good?

if your going high end, then yes, building your own is the best way to go. Especially now since the economy is so bad. bad economy=memory costs go down like whoa, and memory is in most of your components.

Back