I Think it's time to let PS know what we want out of DLC.

Well think of it this way. You can lie down and die, and accept your fate. or you can give project Soul a piece of your mind, and change it forever. Maybe I am wrong, maybe nothing will come of our pleas. But if they don't listen, then at least we tried.

Project Soul came out and admitted Bamco rushed them, so they way I see it this is our way of letting them have a second chance. Let them know how we feel, and if they listen, great! If they dont... We'll thats why we have Metacritic don't we? ;D

I agree with your point, in fact that's why this topics exists, so that we can let them know what additional content we would like to see in the game, and it seems this time they are willing to release actual DLC and not just unlock codes... What I am really afraid of is "lazy" DLC, which is what most fighting games get. It took SF and MVC several re-releases to include additional characters and game modes which could have easily been DLC, while Mortal Kombat added extra characters without any dialog, alternate costumes etc.. I would totally pay $50 which pretty much equals the price of the game to get the 5 missing characters from IV or even some new original characters, but unfortunately I can't see that happening. The time when companies showed a little respect to the customers is long gone imo

I agree with your point, in fact that's why this topics exists, so that we can let them know what additional content we would like to see in the game, and it seems this time they are willing to release actual DLC and not just unlock codes... What I am really afraid of is "lazy" DLC, which is what most fighting games get. It took SF and MVC several re-releases to include additional characters and game modes which could have easily been DLC, while Mortal Kombat added extra characters without any dialog, alternate costumes etc.. I would totally pay $50 which pretty much equals the price of the game to get the 5 missing characters from IV or even some new original characters, but unfortunately I can't see that happening. The time when companies showed a little respect to the customers is long gone imo

I wholeheartedly agree. Anything other than DLC characters is a longshot. As with anything that makes money, the sad truth is that the Games industry is quickly becoming corporatised. It's one huge money train nowadays, and companies like BAMCO and HACKTIVISION will do anything they can to maximize profits. I have faith in the video game industry, I believe we inherently are a pure and simple idea, entertainment. As long as we hold on to that one simple desire, No amount of greed in the world can poison our souls.Not every game has to be a Goldeneye or a Chrono trigger, but I think if we give project Soul enough Feedback,they can (possibly) make it right. I mean think about it, they almost didn't make the game! But because we voiced our opinion and let them know we wanted to give it another shot, they went and tried again. Hopefully we can do the same thing here.

From Filthie riches twitter:

Someone asked:

Would it be technically possible to include Talim and Zasalamel as DLC? All of the aged and older characters have returned.

His answer:

right now there's no word on zaz or talim. Ill make sure to keep people updated though!

http://twitter.com/#!/filthierich

To me it looks like they are considering to add them as DLC. Ed Boon gave similar responses when people were asking for rain when MK9 released :)

As previously stated:

Zas/Tal/Rock characters and/or CAS styles
Weaponmaster/ToLS modes
Survival
Team Battle (SCI style)

I'll buy most any DLC content that enhances my enjoyment of the game, but those are on top of my wish list.

Someone asked:

Would it be technically possible to include Talim and Zasalamel as DLC? All of the aged and older characters have returned.

His answer:

right now there's no word on zaz or talim. Ill make sure to keep people updated though!

To me it looks like they are considering to add them as DLC. Ed Boon gave similar responses when people were asking for rain when MK9 released :)

see? what'd I tell ya! =D

Someone asked:

His answer:

Who knows at this point, but I think Zasalamel and Talim are preferable. Hopefully there is more news involving that.

Now after thinking critically, I dont want them to give us meaninless material like they did with SC4. I'm all for CAS parts but not more generic things like plain old bikinis or T-shirts. I want specially made things at the same quality as the actual costumes. Its already a disappointment that the player default character costumes in SC5 are locked. I want them to give us more of the past costumes from SC4 at the very least, (at the most actually)not crap like this. What we really need is more hairstyles, faces and tattoos...

Back