iCS/CS and SS information

Hey guys. noob here. I cannot for the life of me get the CS combo out. I've put hours into trying to hit it, but to no avail. is this even possible on a regular controller?

There have been people who have done it on a controller yes. You can either try to do the 2 360's ->> 666 B+G 'shortcut' or keep practicing at it.

It's CS guys -- its always though in every game. :)

It's impossible. FUCK IVY. I'm gonna use pyrrha instead ivy is just screwed up.

Yup Ivy is too shit and Tira is too good and functional... like what the fuck. I feel queasy, I am nearly glad I am working too much to play the game right now.

Maybe its just that i had both wisdom teeth out and i am destroyed with painkillers. I am off the meds tomorrow..... will I feel better or worse!

I'm having trouble with consistency on CS inputs.

I've had cases where training mode showed me inputting 28284666b+g exactly and no CS. Is it just that I'm not doing it quickly enough? Or is there some other explanation? I know I need to work on my stick input speed, but when I do the inputs faster, I only get maybe 50% success rate anyways.

(I'm using an SF4 arcade stick, but I'm not very good with arcade sticks in general. trying to force myself to switch. )

What bothers me most about this is the insane amount of TC every other character has now... =/ The input, unless buffered, takes longer than EVERY SINGLE AA in the game to pull off, so it requires a buffer, or else it will be broken on reaction.

Most characters frames globally have gotten faster, so input like this got nurfed just due to complexity/Human capability. Is it possible? Absolutly, Is it something thats legitimatly useful in a match? Not a chance.... Not with only a handful of safe moves to buffer it with, and then the insane chance for a TC...

Worst of all, consider how often you land her CE, and then just consider CS another one. =P Everyone's goal here SHOULD be to replace CE with CS, and use gauge for BEs.

I can get consistent CS/iCS(no shortcut) off regular xbox controller...
but then I broke a whole controller to get to where I am so...
:P

In training mode it says I am doing it perfectly 28284666B+G but it doesn't come out...
wtf?

I'm having trouble with consistency on CS inputs.

I've had cases where training mode showed me inputting 28284666b+g exactly and no CS. Is it just that I'm not doing it quickly enough? Or is there some other explanation? I know I need to work on my stick input speed, but when I do the inputs faster, I only get maybe 50% success rate anyways.

(I'm using an SF4 arcade stick, but I'm not very good with arcade sticks in general. trying to force myself to switch. )
In training mode it says I am doing it perfectly 28284666B+G but it doesn't come out...
wtf?

Seriously these are both happening to me. Last time I seriously played Ivy was in SC1 and SC2, so this CS motion is completely new to me. The sad thing is that I still have her old Summon Suffering still in muscle memory and I try to do it halfway through the CS motion. :/

I can't get normal CS for shit in training. I do the motion EXACTLY as listed and it's not coming out. Am I being too slow? wtfffffffffffffffffffff

Seriously these are both happening to me. Last time I seriously played Ivy was in SC1 and SC2, so this CS motion is completely new to me. The sad thing is that I still have her old Summon Suffering still in muscle memory and I try to do it halfway through the CS motion. :/

I can't get normal CS for shit in training. I do the motion EXACTLY as listed and it's not coming out. Am I being too slow? wtfffffffffffffffffffff

That's the proper way to learn it though.

Do the motion exactly, then go a little bit faster every single time.

It takes about a full second for a normal CS to come out. That seems fast, but with practice it will be clear that's plenty of time. Don't be tempted to go faster haphazardly; you'll just develop bad habits or completely miss it that way.

As long as your inputs are exact, you're doing something right. The rest is just practice.

Ok so the buffer window is one second? That at least gives me something to aim for. The official guide says it's 3 seconds and I *know* I'm doing it within that time frame but not getting the throw. Maybe the guide is wrong?

Ok so the buffer window is one second? That at least gives me something to aim for. The official guide says it's 3 seconds and I *know* I'm doing it within that time frame but not getting the throw. Maybe the guide is wrong?

Hmm, I wouldn't count that out yet. Let me go into training mode. I'll edit my post of what I find.

EDIT: 2 seconds max, not any more. Unless there's a trick to it.

I also managed it off 1a
dont know how lol
Yes it buffers nicely out of it too...I switched out of xbox controller into my stick and I'm doing better but with the stick the 360 method doesn't work well...I pull it off more directly inputting it...I hate using my stick tho

I have a request:

Can someone record doing iCS motion on d-pad/analog/arcade stick? I would post the videos in the first post of this thread. I think that would be very helpful to a lot of people here.

edit: I think iCS should be patched in the future patch. This move is ridiculously difficult and honestly not worth it. A 9 dmg buff compared to normal CS is nothing. Either buff the damage to 95-100 or make the window bigger.

Was this move designed to troll Ivy players? Seriously.

Ok I need help here...cuz right now I'm like 'I'll play Ivy...but fuck CS'.

A. Move is stupid hard to do on stick
B. The buffering it will either be too telegraphed or you will hide behind really obvious moves to do it from

Any tips on execution? I'm trying the legit method and the 720, 666 method and they're both inconsistent, takes forever to input, and produce a fuck ton of noise from the stick. Is pad the way to go here?

edit: I think iCS should be patched in the future patch. This move is ridiculously difficult and honestly not worth it. A 9 dmg buff compared to normal CS is nothing. Either buff the damage to 95-100 or make the window bigger.

Was this move designed to troll Ivy players? Seriously.
The animation/range of iCS from previous games wouldn't hurt, either. Even a different break button considering just how hard it is.

Speaking ofwhich, is the frame timing of iCS similar to SCII / SE->CS from SCIII or something even tighter?

Okay...

For the record, the Hitbox cheats this move a bit. I can do CS fairly easy in training now (80%).

Even with that though, NO clue how tight iCS is or its timing. I'm trying to do the last 6 and B+G at the same time, to no avail.

Also, for the record, holding 6 at the end does NOT work.

Ok I've been testing this.
The last 6 and B+G SHOULD NOT be at the same time.
This is the reason why my additional 6 worked ...B+G comes after the 666

Back