iCS/CS and SS information

Can you please edit your posts instead of posting two in a row..?

i was just practicing with the bot on very hard, i realized that the bot only moves 666 when doing cs and buffers with just guards while doing ics, but on cs the bot does not do 2828 or at least you cant see it any explanations?

Also if anyone has a frame counter can they send it to me thanks

Random thought: Why do some people refer to this move as "Criminal Symphony?" I always cringe when I hear commentators say that.

The move was called Criminal Symphony leading up to the SC2 console release. After that, the move was named Calamity Symphony per the practice mode movelist. Since then, Calamity has stuck. Not sure the reasoning behind it. You'll see old schoolers like me still refer to it as Criminal Symphony, because that's what we grew up calling it in the arcade days.

so i just pulled off ics 5 times in a row, in training of course and i figured out when i block, mine looks almost as fast as the bots... but the bot does there 666 instantly, anyone know how to do 666 really fast on a stick?

Edit: I plugged in my controller and tried ics, i couldnt get it once, just a bunch of cs, i was doing the hold 2 press 88 method and still nothing. i went back to my stick and i could do it, strange... how am i going faster on a stick? you have longer movements on it than a controller...?

I plugged in my controller and tried ics, i couldnt get it once, just a bunch of cs, i was doing the hold 2 press 88 method and still nothing. i went back to my stick and i could do it, strange... how am i going faster on a stick? you have longer movements on it than a controller...?
I'm the same... I still can't get iCS, but I'm definitely more consistent and accurate with the stick, for some odd reason... It really doesn't make a lot of sense to me, honestly... The best I could think of is that the stick is more lenient with the movements, and faster to register than the digital/analog DualShock/360 Controller...

I'm the same... I still can't get iCS, but I'm definitely more consistent and accurate with the stick, for some odd reason... It really doesn't make a lot of sense to me, honestly... The best I could think of is that the stick is more lenient with the movements, and faster to register than the digital/analog DualShock/360 Controller...
makes sense, i really think they should make ics less strict, im only getting it 50% of the time

I'm fine with the 40f input -- its the stupid 5f per direction input that really kills it. =s
I think it's the lack of real reward that kills iCS other than the satisfaction of knowing you can do such a thing. Not much of a base damage increase, no range increase like in SCIV, no increased clean hit chance (anymore), and it's still on a 9 frame break window. Being on the same break window as say, a simple 66B+G is kind of a wtf moment there. Bright white warning flash and glowing eyes right when you B+G doesn't help either. Don't even get me started on how butchered SS is in this game...

Of course, I'm still trying to do iCS for giggles despite this. I've only ever done it twice on my single-stick controller.

I just started getting iCS in practice mode... I can only get it on the right hand side though :/ It'll take a while for me to be able to get it in a match... but its a start!

Its lol bad how much iCS.sucks. I dont ALWAYS break B. Obviously. So when someone throws out a normal B grab, I might not break it. But when someone throws out iCS, I break it every time on reaction. Funny really...

how am i going faster on a stick? you have longer movements on it than a controller...?
I thought the general idea of an arcade stick was it being used precisely for such insane commands. That's why pros prefer it. I could be wrong...

I thought the general idea of an arcade stick was it being used precisely for such insane commands. That's why pros prefer it. I could be wrong...
Could be, but I always believed they were less precise due to your increased freedom of movement, that pros preferred it due to that increased freedom, and that the digital pad was more precise... but I'm beginning to believe that is untrue now that I'm actually getting 28284666 more often on the stick than 2828146466, or something of the sort...

The stick on a controller allows for faster inputs than an arcade stick I believe, the good thing about having an arcade stick imo is not having the ability to hit all the buttons easily without having to do all that crazy button mapping to get your favorite button combinations.

Coming from Tekken, I can say there are things that are a lot easier on stick then on pad. Typically complicated movement or rapid fire directionals tend to be easier on stick.
For example with Nina, its almost impossible to do a Hyashida step (qcb, ub,N, qcb, ub, N) or in SC notation - 214752147
I think getting the opposite axis inputs is easier on a stick (ie from 4 to 6 or 8 to 2) since you've got a larger neutral area.

All right, have to take back some what I said in the past. In my testing SS actually appears rather difficult to throw escape for some reason. It's definitely not a 13 frame escape, and it actually feels like it's on a tighter escape window than CS and iCS which are both 9 (it was rather disheartening to finally get an iCS recorded to the CPU to see it was that easy to break). So SS might actually have one thing going for it.

It could just be the same escape window as other command grabs (9) and my eyes are playing tricks on me, as it feels tighter than 9 frames to break out of SS. Case in point though it's definitely not 13 as stated in the guide/sticky. Another one of those data typos.

-I am rather unconvinced that the clean hit rate of SS was actually increased last patch. It still seems quite infrequent in comparison to CS.

I've been convinced that the break window for SS has been smaller than others for a while now, but that doesn't exactly fuel my reason for using it.

Pulled a CS on a friend last night buffered after a 6B8K, he's learned most of the moments where I tend to buffer my CS so its always a tad satisfying to hit him with a new one.

Back