iCS/CS and SS information

Just frame inputs are easier online... I think they did it to account for lag... but it can throw off your offline game if you get too used to it.
Right, I don't think I've been able to pull it off offline :(

It makes Just Frames that depend on speed much easier.
I was gonna test out these methods I saw in this thread
buffering with 4A+B B & A+B A
[2] 8846666 B+G
2828[7]66[6]6 B+G
2828[28]746666 B+G

Do you know if any of these actually work?

I was gonna test out these methods I saw in this thread
buffering with 4A+B B & A+B A
[2] 8846666 B+G
2828[7]66[6]6 B+G
2828[28]746666 B+G

Do you know if any of these actually work?
My preference is to do this:
"Hold down 8 with the analog stick. Now tap 22 with the dpad and then slide your analog to 4 (like 874) and then press 66 with the dpad and press B+G"

I can get iCS 80% of the time with this method and it's quite quiet too so it's useful. You need two hands to do this though so you should try and prepare for it mid-match whenever you think you will use it.

Am I the only one who reads iAdoreBunnies' posts with the voice of South Park news reporter?

I do CS just like Mage, only I hold 2 on analog. I can get iCS on 1P side whenever I want, only, instead of the noise, I produce an involuntary body cramp, as if I have to sh*t the iCS out of myself.
2P side is difficult for me. DnmCroft from Spain does iCS perfectly (on either side). He even makes a few full steps to the side, during which he/she inputs the command. I saw it on replay with input display on. I have no idea how s/he does it...

My preference is to do this:
"Hold down 8 with the analog stick. Now tap 22 with the dpad and then slide your analog to 4 (like 874) and then press 66 with the dpad and press B+G"

I can get iCS 80% of the time with this method and it's quite quiet too so it's useful. You need two hands to do this though so you should try and prepare for it mid-match whenever you think you will use it.
I'm gonna test this :)

Gah....this shiz is way too hard,it's annoying.
i mean,i mastered CS,i can do it 100%.
But iCS just seems impossible to do.I tried to do it as fast as i can but no luck,i always get a normal CS :( .

Do the double handed method, it's seemingly the easiest way to achieve iCS on a pad.

Hold 8 on the analog stick, and tap 22 on the d-pad. Next, slide the analog stick 90 degrees anti-clockwise until it is at 4 (so it goes like this in terms of directional inputs 8 > 7 > 4) and then tap 66 with the d-pad and press B+G.

It takes a few practices but it should become muscle memory and you'll find it easier to input than other traditional methods.

Is it really "fastest input" or "just" ?
I met someone today who pretty much mastered iCS.
I asked him if he had any tips,he said: It's actually more "just" than fast input.

Funny you should mention that, whenever I've done it it does seem like it's actually "just" but it says fastest input so I'm not sure.

I know there's something I'm missing.
It seems easy,till i figure out what that thing is.
This is SCIV all over again..

It's not easy. Takes a lot of practice, then it becomes natural. Also, make sure you aren't buffering it completely. The last input has to come out during a neutral frame.

5 frames is way too much time to change buttons, therefore I don't think it's 5 frames. I've read that 3 frames is the max time for most just inputs in SCV (being 60 frames a second, then 3 frames is 1/20 of a second. It sounds crazy, but you can press even more buttons than you can think in a second).
Though it is easier to make Just inputs in SCV than in IV, I've found this just one of the hardest. In SoulCalibur IV, I usually made a just input for CS one out of three times, more or less, here I can only do it in training, and never online.

I am almost sure, iCS instead of "fastest input" as the Move list suggests, is just inputs + fastest input. For example, this video here:

In minute 1:05, the Ivy stands, guards, and in 1:07 performs a Calamity Symphony. It seems it is done in less than a second the whole input for the move, helluva lot more time than 1/20 seconds per input, still, no iCS, only normal.

I am going to try Mage's method, it seems tricky but let's see how it's done and how it works.

Cheers all!

5 frames isn't a lot of time. The problem isn't the 5 frames it's the fact that you can't input ANY input slower than 5 frames after the first one. And the Ivy player in the video can buffer the first 4 inputs block and finish the last 4 inputs to get the CS because getting CS is really easy frame wise.

The problem is usually with the last 3 inputs going 6,n,6,n,6+B+G. Those neutral inputs are needed and add least 1 frames but usually more.

Back