IDEA: Online Amateur Tournament

Did you not listen to anything I talked about last night?
chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png
To be honest. When I lived in Kansas and actually contributed to the offline scene there that's how I taught everyone how to play.

No, I listened to you Slade. What I take issue with is the notion that this is the only way to get better. And it's certainly not the most enjoyable way to get better, but at that point, I'm only speaking for myself.

Also, I may end up cancelling the tournament. Last day of signups is tomorrow, and I have just three people, and only on the XBox side. And that's if Party Wolf ever answers that question I asked.

It just didn't work out.

Also, some people just get off on trolling me unconditionally and constantly, so anything I try to do automatically has 4x less chance of succeeding. It's like bullying never stopped being a thing.

You know what, I'm just gonna call it. Maybe later someone else will try to do this later and it will succeed.

Also, I may end up cancelling the tournament. Last day of signups is tomorrow, and I have just three people, and only on the XBox side. And that's if Party Wolf ever answers that question I asked.

It just didn't work out.

I'm on PSN - I would have signed up- but- PSN is dodgy at the moment, what with its frequent network errors, disconnections etc. However- I do support your idea.

I think this was a good idea. I just don't think there's that many people who care enough about getting blown away by better players to avoid the regular tournaments.

Also, the amount of people still playing overall has gone down from what I can see. Turnout was low for the normal online tournaments this month too. If SSCV or SCVI come out, and the pool of players is refreshed, I think this would be a success.

In that case, I'll probably revisit when the next installation hits.

EDIT: If you guys really want to run an amateur tournament on the PSN side, get at least six of you together and go represent on the signup page. I'm not against bringing this back, but I'm not gonna run anything for less than six people.

Back