In-game character ratings

I have my own sort of rankings. They go like this:

Kilik ...Too Cool.
Others ...Not nearly as cool.
Disrespectful players ...Suck!!!
Respectful players ...Rule
Tira ....Fricking HOT (yeah, I know she's 3D and not real, but still....)
Ivy ...Will suffer from gravity at an older age (...still aware of the 3D thing).

from the looks of it Bill Cosby in your av knows what "moves" mean lol.

Man knows how to let his chain swang lol. Haters step off.

But yeah this is just one more thing we're gonna have to explain to newer players, that these rankings don't mean anything. Namco just seems to love piling shit that doesn't matter on top of us.

I don't think Moves is ''How hard the movelist is to perform'' Pick Nightmare for example... His Moves rate is C, Is there seriously anyone here who had difficulty executing a move from Nighty's movelist, his hardest move is agA

I don't think Moves is ''How hard the movelist is to perform'' Pick Nightmare for example... His Moves rate is C, If there seriously anyone here who had difficulty executing a move from Nighty's movelist, his hardest move is agA

No.

The easiest way to refute that moves is not "how hard" is because there already IS a difficulty rating.

Moves is probably something really simple/scrubby like, how well you can spam moves at low level to beat people.

Think about your old online days. I can think of something people can abuse at low level with all of the A characters, and not so much with the C characters (Hilde, Tira, Rock, Setsuka, Mina, Nightmare, Ivy...), mostly cause the majority of those characters aren't played at low level anyway. I'd say Sophie is a bit of an anomaly though, unless they nerfed her lows or something.

the moves probably indicate the number of moves the character has

edit: nevermind, ivy gets a C for move and she has the biggest moveset

I think "Moves" has to do with the 'trickiness' (if that can be applied logically) of a character's movesets, as well as the movement options it provides. Just look at all the characters with A for Moves:

- Amy (Has Auto-GI preps, Amyrillis Step, and moves that cancel into it)
- Dampierre (Poker Bluff and Fake Pain stances that occur randomly)
- Maxi (Constant stance shifting and loops)
- Raphael (Prep, VE and his backwards dodge... though I never see anyone use it)
- Taki (Windroll, Stalker, Possession, etc.)
- Talim (Wind Sault and all her preps that come from that, including the sidestep which name escapes me at the moment)
- Xianghua (SXS, etc.)

It's still not entirely accurate since Voldo is only rated as Moves B when he should probably be with the A's. Oh well, it's all just pointless speculation anyway unless one of us here worked on the game and knows what they all mean.

Also, "Tira: Speed A" ? Well I certainly don't feel that Tira is among the fastest characters in the game.

Voldo
Range: B Strength: B
Speed: B Moves: B
Difficulty: Advanced

Yun-seong
Range: B Strength: B
Speed: B Moves: B
Difficulty: Normal

I win

moves, i think, refers to mixup capability.

those characters with a greater ability to play the mixup/mindgame tactic have higher grades.

though i think siegfried prob ought to have an A in that perhaps too.

No, moves must refer to the "special moves" as in movement-moves that aren't quite stances that the characters with rank A have. These have a special label in training mode (so do stances though).

It is Bullshit that the ratings say that Nightmare is faster than Siegfried because most of the time when i play as nightmare i almost always lose to skilled ai.Actually mitsurugi was better in sc3 and sc2 than he is now because he had way better combos and was actually a useful character.

Um, this just confuses me. All of the characters are pretty easy to use when you get used to their moves. Like most said it must be for new people playing the game.

Maxi's difficulty is 'advanced?'
Well, he can be deadly in the button-mashers hands,
His attacks can be linked to another attack easily, and deals med-to high damage with three or more hit combos
Also his moves are fairly quick. The 'advanced' thing may just be his movelist and his seven stances, he is easy to use for me...

Back