information of every character.

rurounikenshin

[10] Knight
Ok, so I saw a thread on the TZ forums and decided to make one for the SCV roster, based on my own experience (the format of this work is based on crouchjabpanic´s work because i am really lazy to invent one myself).

Alpha Patroklos:
-Style: All kinds of punishment, frame controlling and everything else that is in the game.
-Difficult: VERY ADVANCED.
-Range: mid to short
-Why use: Use if you like very well rounded characters, have no job or school (have a LOT of free time) or like flashing white.
-Pros: If an imaginary Alpha appeared that could take every bit of damage he could based in punishment and combos without having a single chance of failing, he would be banned from existence, being really broken in every single way, really good grabs, CE connects after 2A, good ringout game, really good auto-GI, safe launchers and an i12 punisher that can do 71 guaranteed damage.
-Cons: Once you start using him you´ll want to perfect him, then you will realize that´s impossible for a human mind and drop him, then after some time you will want to pick him up again, and the cycle goes forever in a love-hate relationship with something that doesn´t exist. His step killers are effective but situational, his range is not that good, and if you didn´t get it, he requires really godlike execution.
-Players you should be looking out for: Whoahhzz, Siegrain, Keev (now he is an Apat player) and Synraii.

Aeon:
-Style: Whiff punishment, space controlling and CH fishing.
-Difficult: Easy-medium.
-Range: mid to long.
-Why use: Use if you have a thing for lizards, like hilarious characters to play, like controlling space and CH fishing.
-Pros: Monster ring out game, good guard burst, can control positioning in order to get good wall damage or a ring out, he can get in very easily, 66A, really good grab game, nice punishment (both, block and whiff) and great movement.
-Cons: bad lows, requires meter to do most of his ring outs and punishments, unsafe in general, whiffing issues with 44B,A,A, probably the worst CE on the game, lacks an auto-GI, really weak to JG and if the opponent knows how to handle him he struggles a lot.
-Players you should be looking out for: Reptile, the menace, tha_rhynoman, Slade and I dont know that many.

Algol:
-Style: Spacing, rushdown, whiff punishment.
-Difficult: medium-advanced.
-Why use: Use if like unorthodox characters with 2D fighter mechanics and really big combos.
-Pros: His clothes, good punishment, has good projectiles, good auto-GI, landing a 44B with full meter means that you already won the match (same with CE).
-Cons: Depends on meter to do big damage, below average stepkillers, unsafe and feels rather slow.
-Players you should be looking out for: Slade, Force-destruct, Hollow and sakon.

Astaroth:
-Style: Grabs and spacing.
-Difficult: Easy.
-Range: long.
-Why use: Use if you dont want to use many moves, like grabbing, big damage, 50/50s and dont worry about punishing.
-Pros: Best grappler of the game, 66K, really good guard burst game, can control positioning in order to get wall combos or a RO, good stepkillers, BIG damage and good at big whiff punishment.
-Cons: Worst block punishment in the game, requires meter to do big damage on the whiff punishment, slowest character on the game, and lacks general tools like a 2A or a BB.
-Players you should be looking out for: Xephukai, Lolo and Broken knight.

Cervantes:
-Style: Whiff punishment and pressure.
-Difficult: advanced
-Why use: Use if you like well-rounded characters, gunshots and dont worry about heavy execution.
-Pros: Really good meterless damage, great in punishment, with good spacing he can make unsafe moves safer, can cause whiffs from the opponent, great grabs and best GI game in the roster.
-Cons: Lacks a good TC move, his mixups become pretty weak at high levels and requires good execution.
-Players you should be looking out for: Silent Joel, Shen Chan, Lobo, NFK and Kira.

Dampierre:
-Style: Making you laugh with gimmicks, mixups and whiff punishing.
-Difficult: advanced (depends on how seriously you take him)
-Range: short.
-Why use: he has random mechanics but just use him, you wont regret.
-Pros: like 120 damage from a meterless whiff punish and everything that comes with laughter.
-Cons: Do you really care about the cons?
-Players you should be looking out for: OOFMATIC and Azyg.

Ezio Auditore:
-Style: whiff and block punishment, space controlling and CH fishing.
-Difficult: Medium.
-Range: mid to long (only if you count the crossbow).
-Why use: Use if you dont care about depending on meter to do big damage, hit-confirming and like the extra animations he gets with CH.
-Pros: well rounded, 66A,B is a great stepkiller if hitcomfirmed, decent mid-low game, Really good hit-confirmable and safe CH fishing moves, really good punishment with meter and great Oki.
-Cons: Depends a lot in meter, really weak to JG, really bad ringout game, some important strings are unsafe and whiffing a crossbow will cost you a lot.
-Players you should be looking out for: iadorebunnies, Shen Yuan, juece and TANHAUSSER.

Hilde:
-Style: Whiff punishment.
-Difficult: advanced.
-Range: Long.
-Why use: Use if like winning the match with one or two big launchers, but dont care about changing your combos depending on the stage, the size and the axis of the character.
-Pros: Big damage, builds a lot of meter, her hair, good guard burst, good stepkillers, one of the best CEs and 22B.
-Cons: Requires really on-point fundamentals and reactions, you may have to change your button setup and great execution and depends on charging buttons to get her BnBs.
-Players you should be looking out for: Hussler, Hawkeye, Something-unique and that epic guy at SBO.

Ivy:
-Style: Space controlling, CH fishing and grabbing.
-Difficult: Advanced.
-Why use: Have you seen her body? Have you seen the iCS? yeah, i used her for a long time.
-Pros: Really good Oki, overall safety, decent lows (most of them barely reactable but with many uses) really good grab game, 6B8K is a great i12 punisher, can turn a CH into a RO, really good stepkillers and 3B has TC, TS 80 damage on CH and its safe.
-Cons: Has the most difficult JF on the history of SC, whiff punishment with her requires really good execution too (22B), lacks a damaging i18-21 move (NH regular launcher).
-Players you should be looking out for: Ring, Mage, Linkrkc, Kineticclash, Bushindu and Malek.

Leixia:
-Style: NEVER STOP ATTACKING.
-Difficult: Easy.
-Range: short.
-Why use: Use her if you dont know what the block button is or like using fast characters with evasive moves and being the bane of turtles.
-Pros: Overall pretty versatile character, she has good punishment, has some of the best frames in general of the game, has good rushdown, best Guard burst game in the roster and best FC game of the roster.
-Cons: Probably the worst damage on the game and bad throw game.
-Players you should be looking out for: Kalas, Zeroeffect, Lolo and ShinjiUrahara.

Maxi:
-Style: Stance mixups.
-Difficult: medium-advanced
-Range: mid. (has some moves that have long range but at the same time backdash kills him).
-Why use: use If you like Bruce Lee, like having multiple stances with different uses and like big damage.
-Pros: well rounded, great wall damage, great guard burst game, great punishment, good use of BEs, good stance 50/50s and as always, great damage.
-Cons: You can only achieve the fury kicks during one stance so you have to loop into BL if you want those 50/50s, requires an open mind, if your opponent knows all of his stances and what links into them you will have a hard time, requires good execution if you want best damage on whiff punishment and his hair.
-Players you should be looking out for: IRM, me, iadorebunnies, oosaka, HRD, Marginal and Saitou (i dont know if he is still active).

Mitsurugi:
-Style: 50/50s and poking (depends on your own style)
-Difficult: Easy
-Range: mid.
-Why use: Use if you are a tier whore (dont feel offended since there´s nothing wrong about it), like 50/50s or if you like badass samurais.
-Pros: 4B, 1B, 6B8, 2KB, 33B, 236B 3B, 2A, 3A, 4A, good throws, the sounds he makes, good damage, great poking game, godlike low and great frames in general, everything connects with CE and it ROs.
-Cons: I cant see any, maybe that everybody knows how to deal with him because he is extremely popular.
-Players you should be looking out for: Everyone has a pocket Mitsu, but Belial, the koreans, MateoGalvan, Akire and RTD are the more mentioned.

Natsu:
-Style: Fast-paced offense.
-Range: short to mid.
-Why use: Use if you like fast characters, big damage on CH and ninjas.
-Pros: fastest character in the game, great grabs, JG makes her broken, good wall damage, pretty much all her movelist has a TC, can rushdown, 66B, bombs, really good at punishing and CH fishing.
-Cons: most of her moves Lack range, requires big execution on some combos and punishment and requires meter to do big damage on NH.
-Players you should be looking out for: Hawkeye, Hyrul, OmegaXCN, UnseenWombat and Fuudo.

Nightmare:
-Style: Whiff punishment and space control.
-Difficult: Easy-medium.
-Why use: Use him if you like ring outs, whiff punishing, big damage and really good range.
-Pros: Monster ringout game, probably the best whiff punisher in the game, good guard burst game, builds a lot of meter, great movement, can control space in order to limit the opponent and getting ROs or W!, great wall damage, does great in any kind of stage, iAGA and CE.
-Cons: Bad at block punishment, unsafest character in the game, lacks good lows and his throws have good range but bad damage.
-Players you should be looking out for: DIME, thermidor, me, Keev, OmegaDR, Dongsss and many others.

Patroklos (pretty much see mitsu):
-Style: frame controlling (kinda like feng in Tekken) and mixups.
-Difficult: easy.
-Why use: Use him if you like to be holding the froward button and like the ´´i win kick´´.
-Pros: 66B, 1B, 44A, BB, 1K, builds a lot of meter, can rushdown, good punishment, dominates close range, great mixups, best frames in the game, everything links to CE and it ROs from far.
-Cons: Crappy grab range, lack of range in general and linearity.
-Players you should be looking out for: just like with mitsu, everyone has a pocket Pat, but Partisan, Ruka, DrakeAldan, Kura, wolflonethe, Keysona, Xeph and LP are the most mentioned.

Pyrrha:
-Style: Punishment.
-Why use: Use her if you dont care about the annoying voice and like not having bad MUs.
-Pros: Stab, good stepkillers, simplicity, safety and can limit the opponent´s offensive options.
-Cons: requires meter to do more than 60 damage unless you use 4B, you have to be really patient and her fucking voice.
-Players you should be looking out for: S-U, LP, Xeph, Ramon, Synraii and many other people, Pyrrha is very popular.

Pyrrha Omega:
-Style: Punishment, but a little more agressive than normal Pyrrha.
-Difficult: easy-medium.
-Why use: Use her if you want more damage than normal pyrrha, but also like taking more risks.
-Pros: Big damage, 4B, stabs, her CE is godlike, good grabs, good guard burst and I dont know that much about her.
-Cons: She is more unsafe than her sister, not that good at close range, I have yet to see an Oprah player that can punish with DNS B at -15 and once you get a feel of her Oki you realize it´s not that good.
-Players you should be looking out for: Partisan, Matt-JF, Malice and Daggoth.

Raphael:
-Style: Space and poking.
-Difficult: medium.
-Why use: Use him if you like fancy, fast, and long-ranged characters that rely on poking and shouting AMY! everytime you use 236B
-Pros: Good poking ability, great grab game, can control forward and backward movement, nice TCs, good movement, the 6BB series are way better than you think and his 236B is one of the best backstep killers on the game and it also whiff punishes really nicely.
-Cons: His ringout game makes me cry, his overall gamage is really bad unless you spam SE B, bad stepkilling game, preparation stance is weak to many things (fast TCs for example), his CE scales like crazy, even though he has many autoGIs, most of them suck and he relies to much in highs.
-Players you should be looking out for: Youngfox, Heaton, me, Bojack and like other five players.

Siegfried:
-Style: Yomi-based spacing.
-Why use: Use him if you can read minds, like spacing but having the option of rushdown or if you are manly.
-Pros: multiple stances with different uses, iAGA, 3B, 22A, 66K, good grab range, really good ring out game, landing a SBH B means half life and good poking game.
-Cons: A move like Hilde´s 22B that TCs and TSs can kill SCH, which means that 3B starts becoming unsafe if your opponent knows it, omega, he lacks good damage without meter, JG kills him and he has serious whiffing issues.
-Players you should be looking out for: Heaton, MKH Spartan, Shen Yuan (now mains Ezio), Solo, me, Pantocrator, Slayer and KDZ (inactive).

Tira:
-Style: While in Jolly, poking in order to get into gloomy. While in Gloomy, Punishment on block and whiff (can also be played agressively).
-Range: Similar to Maxi in my opinion.
-Why use: Use her if you like big damage, good tech traps, great punishment and her AutoGIs.
-Pros: She has a really well rounded(almost godlike) moveset inlcuding a good whiff punisher that leads to good damage, a safe KND long ranged invisible low, really good step killers and really good block punishers.
-Cons: She only has it in Gloomy and in Jolly she can only hope to get in Gloomy by doing attacks that randomly change persona.
-Players you should be looking out for: DIME, Hyrul, Oreo, Shining Decopon and saltfaceGA.

Viola:
-Style: Orb gimmicks and mixups.
-Range: short (she can play at long too, but it´s not very effective).
-Why use: Use her if you dont mind ragequits (even offline, since in some parts of europe she is banned). And really good mixups with godlike damage.
-Pros: monster RO ability, backgrab infinite, 6B+K offers you the ability to have two mixups in a row and if the opponent chooses wrong on the first one you might get half-life damage or even a ToD depending in your meter and your execution (but the combos are not that hard) godlike CE too.
-Cons: If your opponent knows when the orb hits high he can TC it to get some damage, some autoGIs can deal fine with the orb, if her orb is not set you cant do much damage, regular GI works too, lacks good stepkillers, she requires meter to do big damage and her godlike ROs, she also lacks range so she cant punish many moves that have pushback.
-Players you should be looking out for: Tokido, LP, Kayane, Kinetic clash, Ninjaguy, sonicfox and many europeans.

Voldo:
-Style: Stance mixups.
-Range: mid.
-Why use: Use him if you want to put a little anarchy into the match.
-Pros: Great stance mixups, can rushdown, it is very difficult to counter his offense, can creep out your sister, 666B, good damage and anarchy.
-Cons: He requires meter to achieve his big damage, you have to be dealing with the back exposure, bad stepkillers, you can random yourself out and he has big trouble with spacing and block punishment.
-Players you should be looking out for: Enkindu, DINO, me, optymuss, nicotine (that really good player at the edgemaster series) and TwiztidRaven.

Xiba:
-Style: Mixups and whiff punishment.
-Why use: Use him if are a beginner and need to learn about the game mechanics, or just use him because he presents a big equilibrium between good mixups and whiff punishment (or because you miss Kilik).
-Pros: Great mixups, godlike Oki, great overall damage, great wall damage, great RO game, good at whiff punishing, uses CH confirms to get big damage, benefits from Yomi and his CE.
-Cons: Crapy block punishment, requires BEs to make his 6A,K, 6B,K and A+B,B,K be something to look out for, slow, Natsu, below-average throw game, unsafety and has to take risks to get his damage.
-Players you should be looking out for: Optymuss, Ryujin, me, brokenknight, gruntdude, cypher and Shen Ou.

Yoshimitsu:
-Style: Stance mixups and tech traps.
-Why use: Use him if you like weird characters that will never stop to amaze you or like rushdowns.
-Pros: he has like ten options for every situation, great RO game, dominates close range, good punishment, makes his opponent want to backdash, great throw game, great tech traps, best unblockables in the game and great stance evations with mixups.
-Cons: He is rather unsafe, he is very weak to spacing, requires big execution, doesnt have much meter usage and JUG (Just Ukemi Guard) kills his tech trap game.
-Players you should be looking out for: Lolo, AK, Optymuss, onemanjiarmy, Kokoyoshi and Signia.

Z.W.E.I.
-Style: Wolf gimmicks.
-Range: short to mid (but the wolf has really long range in some strings).
-Why use: Use him if you like using the underdog and like having weird unexpected gimmicks (He is also very sexy.... i´ve been told).
-Pros: He is probably the character with more gimmick potential in the game, good throw game if you have meter, B+K BE, big damage, Great meter usage, great autoGI and good mixups if you use E.I.N. right.
-Cons: The backpack he has on his neck, he is really weak to spacing, he has a really crappy punishment game, he needs meter to do big damage on NH, his CE is really slow and very unsafe in general too.
-Players you should be looking out for: FinallifeG, Hayate, Zane, ZeroBeat, Andyroo, Toilet and Kerrigan.

Hey, I like what you've done here. I've actually been working on something similar to this. It was going to be called a matchup rubric. Now that I have the time, I should get some of it done. A couple of things though. I would get rid of the "suited for" section. It's useless and can be misleading. Also, I would add some more sections. Not going to tell you what to add though. I would be giving away my own ideas. Good stuff, though, man. I guess I could also add that I think some of what is said on it is inaccurate, but what I appreciate is the work. Your contribution has value. :D

is it really that bad that people just post silly pictures instead of addressing it? I know paranormal is working hard to compiling a more detailed list.

The thing that bothers me the most is the bad spelling lol

is it really that bad that people just post silly pictures instead of addressing it? I know paranormal is working hard to compiling a more detailed list.

The thing that bothers me the most is the bad spelling lol
I know, right? I don't see them spending time to do something like this.

I know, right? I don't see them spending time to do something like this.
The issue here is the fact that while Kenshin's heart was probably in the right the place his head really wasn't. If anything, he should've talked to people (say the moderators of each respective soul arena) and gotten their input on what the little info snippet should say, then it would likely be accurate. This was presented in a sloppy manner and wasn't even proofread given that the gamage has indeed been done. You don't see threads like this often because the people who do work on comprehensive things put a lot of effort into it. It is much better to have a small amount of excellent information, then an abundant amount of subpar information.

The issue here is the fact that while Kenshin's heart was probably in the right the place his head really wasn't. If anything, he should've talked to people (say the moderators of each respective soul arena) and gotten their input on what the little info snippet should say, then it would likely be accurate. This was presented in a sloppy manner and wasn't even proofread given that the gamage has indeed been done. You don't see threads like this often because the people who do work on comprehensive things put a lot of effort into it. It is much better to have a small amount of excellent information, then an abundant amount of subpar information.
Why not just say that from the get-go? The guy asked for everyone's input and you, among others, just posted silly pictures for comical reasons, like trolls.

You suggested that he should have asked the moderators of each respective soul arena for input, but I've just seen two of you (moderators) offer nothing when you had the chance. Talking to the moderators wouldn't have been a bad idea, I admit, but it's not necessary, seeing that this post outlines general information. But OK, yea, there were grammatical mistakes, but I'm sure everyone was able to make out what he meant to say.

But I noticed he had some frivolous information for each character like "Play aPat if you like being a robot." I can't blame anyone for not taking him seriously after having read that. Lol. But I'm sure there was some serious effort put into it, regardless of the humor.

Maybe you should make a new thread and try to pm the SA mods and put all the info in that thread. Right now these just seem more like your opinion of each character rather than information

Ok, first, i wanna tell you I'm CrouchJabPanic of the TZ forum, this list isn't accurate but the guy put effort doing it so if someone doesn't like it, why post troll photos and complains? As the TC said instead of spending time trolling they could spend the time fixing it.
The list isn't accurate and doesn't have lot of info but is nice starting point for beginners.
I'm going to post here a list based on my experience and the topic creator will chose what to add and not to add.
I'm not going to start a new thread because that will would be disrespectful because you had the initiative of doing this thread.

Back