Intimidation Tactics/Mind Games..

LeftHandLead

[08] Mercenary
One thing I love to do is try to make my opponent fight a nervous fight by getting into their head before the fight even starts.. Kinda like a boxer who smacks his opponent at the weigh in. In ranked fights, right before stage select, I'll quickly message them.. "You a dead man!" Or.. "You my new ho3!"

This will either give them the impression that I'm insanely confident that I will bash their heads in, Making them fight a scary fight.... or it lights a fire under them, making them a bit more aggressive which plays right into my hands since I'm mainly a counter attacker. If I have my mic on, I will throw continues insults, questioning my opponents manhood.. Telling them they will wash my clothes, shine my axe and sleep by the foot of my bed like a little doggy after I do rape to them.
devil-smiley-029.gif

Bad thing about it.. I have to eat MAJOR crow if I happen to lose lol.

You guys ever play any mind games with your opponents before of during a fight?

I'm surprised that it affects people at all...

I wouldn't care if people did that to me. If they beat me, okay, heh.
If I beat them, I'd let them feel pathetic in silence.

In fact I'd probably get the impression that the person is desperate to win...in which case they're probably doing very poorly.

Count me out. I prefer to treat my opponents with respect (no offense intended). The only mindgames I play are comical at the most. I never resort to personal attacks/trash talk.

Me and a co-worker at work talked sc smack/intimidation talk back and forth a lot today in preparation for our matches later. But, I never do that to anybody that isn't a good friend that I know doesn't mind, and I never do it during the actual game itself. I prefer keeping the mind games in the game itself.

I find it rather rude when someone starts trash talking online, particularly since they have no idea if I appreciate that or not (which I don't particularly). Though I generally don't have my headset plugged in, I still have the voices set to play over the speakers, so I'm not always sure if they think that I can hear them or not.

Intimidation
not sure if ur type would work or not my intimidation tatics involve hilde in a blood red cat suit thats how its done
mind games i approve of though

I wouldn't get intimidated by what the OP said. I would just be little annoyed and assume that you are a terrible player. Since 99% of the people that trash talk before the match even start are terrible, you can see why I make that assumption.

It doesn't bother me, because there's nothing on the line. Other terrible players probably let it get to them though. I just beat them and say "Good job, buddy" or "You're terrible-er" before i beat them the 3rd round.

I always hate it when people try to trash talk during the match. Before it starts, I'm okay with it (although slightly annoyed).

It starts to grate on my nerves after awhile, because I can't concentrate with Trash Talk McDickhead hurling insults left and right, especially when they're losing. <_<

Please, people, turn off your mics once the match starts. ._.

Personally, I just find it irritating and relatively pointless. Plus, you end up looking like a pompous ass whether you win or lose (Unless you say GGs, JK afterwords). Also, I typically unplug my mic to let those who talk shit know that they're wasting their time.

Edit: Lol, I forgot to mention that many of them are too stupid to realize I've unplugged my mike anyway.

Trash talk online is absolutely hilarious when you are playing against someone who throws the first stone.

Someone once told me, "Your trash", and I responded, "What about my trash?". Then he said he didn't think I was fair in the fight because I'm a "doosh". I never heard this word before so I asked what that was. Then we both laughed and laughed. Me more than him... Then, laughing, I kicked him from the room, because, man, that just isn't nice. /end JackHandy

I like to travel by myself country to country and utterly destroy the competition. Quietly, and politely.

This seems to have some sort of impact as people treat you with "respect". It's weird. I don't like it, so go away. Emo.

there's really no point in trash talking online. even if u were to lose to one of them, its online the zone where weird shit happens. so its really pointless to try an mess wid sum1 online.

trash talking has gained popularity ever since more games started to go online.

i guess it's really easy to talk shit when the person isn't in front of you.

I'll keep my personal comments to myself lol.

But usually I send people mail after I thwart their scrub tactics. Not always, but I do it frequently. Often I send things like "That move is HIGH and a tech crouch will shut you down everytime!" or "Guess that didnt go as planned huh?"

They never respond.

I don't know if messaging someone saying "You my new ho3!" qualifies as a mind game or is particularly intimidating, but I guess online it would infuriate some players-- namely the zilches playing ranked.

Back