Is Create-A-Soul Important?

Is Create-A-Soul Important?

• YES

Votes: 80 92.0%
  • NO

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
For a different reason I do worry about the improvements.... I worry that it might be more difficult to get by with tricks..... if leather looks like leather and cloth, cloth..... it might look patchy in a way SCV didn’t..... for example, I would make boots from shoes and socks with the same color....... I wonder if that sort of thing will be possible with SCVI.
Tbh seems in large part SC6 cas it's the same

A bit more polished visually and with the races thing saving some work, but that's it

Only problem i see as now is that vanilla SC6 will have smaller selection of pieces (than SCV+dlc we were used to)

It will be kinda frustrating have "endgame" experience from SCV and have to wait DLCs to reach a similar level in SC6... the beta looked poor af under that point of view, hope the real selection will be wider... consider they did'nt bothered much (most of stuff is straight recycled) will be nice have ALL the stuff present in SCV in vanilla SC6

Aside that only big difference i see is the races thing

A bit more polished visually and with the races thing saving some work, but that's it

Only problem i see as now is that vanilla SC6 will have smaller selection of pieces (than SCV+dlc we were used to)

It will be kinda frustrating have "endgame" experience from SCV and have to wait DLCs to reach a similar level in SC6... the beta looked poor af under that point of view, hope the real selection will be wider... consider they did'nt bothered much (most of stuff is straight recycled) will be nice have ALL the stuff present in SCV in vanilla SC6

They've already confirmed that SCVI will have less items than SCV, but I just hope most of the cooler / more useful items make it into CaS through unlocks.

They've already confirmed that SCVI will have less items than SCV, but I just hope most of the cooler / more useful items make it into CaS through unlocks.
Watching 3D objects of the beta i already seen 4 very important ones missing.
Very important because they was used a lot in various unique ways

First i'm thinking are some helm crest and the little metal wings

Lose these pieces will cause involution because the alternative ways are inferior

Shit part is that is made on purpose to keep you hungry of DLC, no other reason to not bring the entire SCV set

I almost want to wait to buy it, let it get cheaper..... but I can’t wait that long.

Who called this a whining thread huh ? :)
We all know we'll turn the whining into winning (CAS) because mastery will prevail over limitations imposed.
Btw i read about base 355 customization options in 6 versus base 370 in 5, and maybe more unlockables ingame, so "au travail les amis ! :)"
I didn't play the beta, what i am wondering is if they thought about removing invisible walls ( spatial positioning ) and shrink/enlarge limitations on basic 3d shapes and the ability to texture and colorshift 'em. This is was cruelly missing in my book.

Anyway, don't fret, our CAS legend will never die...:)

Last edited:
I almost want to wait to buy it, let it get cheaper..... but I can’t wait that long.
Nah, already preordered too

About CaS at begin will just focus on what SC6 does better... example i like a lot standard characters costume part, great detail to work with

I preordered too with season pass but doubt that'll give me a (soul) edge with extra parts at launch... in any case cant wait to see what we all come up with :)

I dunno what it's like for the rest of the world, but in US the premium edition is $100. However, if you buy the standard edition plus season pass its only $90. So that might be a cheaper option

Yep tis called the deluxe edition here in Lyon, France ; the one i preordered and it is basically nothing more than a gimmicky steelbook, soundtrack and a season pass with little info on what it includes xcept 3 news chars (incl. Tira ?) and 2 armor packs ? If it's just bringing back stuff taken out of the game, its theft i agree since I bought them already...what i'll miss is the artbook (120 pages !) so it couldn't fit in a steelbook for sure

I agree with comment on vanilla clothing : needs to be available for CAS since they look great and have more details but PS always seemed reluctant to allow anything but color edits, probably because they want the main cast costumes to remain a coherent and inalterable whole if that makes any sense ? They did give us select few parts as paid DLC though, bit it was an half-assed last minute cash grab if you ask me :(

More info on diff editions there if it helps :
https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/12/soul-calibur-6-release-date-collectors-edition-2

Last edited:
Yep tis called the deluxe edition here in Lyon, France ; the one i preordered and it is basically nothing more than a gimmicky steelbook, soundtrack and a season pass with little info on what it includes xcept 3 news chars (incl. Tira ?) and 2 armor packs ? If it's just bringing back stuff taken out of the game, its theft i agree since I bought them already...what i'll miss is the artbook (120 pages !) so it couldn't fit in a steelbook for sure

I agree with comment on vanilla clothing : needs to be available for CAS since they look great and have more details but PS always seemed reluctant to allow anything but color edits, probably because they want the main cast costumes to remain a coherent and inalterable whole if that makes any sense ? They did give us select few parts as paid DLC though, bit it was an half-assed last minute cash grab if you ask me :(

More info on diff editions there if it helps :
https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/12/soul-calibur-6-release-date-collectors-edition-2
We went with the std edition plus season pass... I was tempted by the package with the figurine for $150, but It didn’t include season pass.... so then it started getting really expensive...... And I just got the std.

You did well my friends the game needs all the love it can get if we ever want a 7. Plus the Sophitia figurine isn't anything special tbh, compared to ubisoft's for ex.

My deluxe edition just landed at my videogame store, picking it up tonite, i am so excited to see if we can have the flesh color for panties, yeah (wink to Chobek :)

My deluxe edition just landed at my videogame store, picking it up tonite, i am so excited to see if we can have the flesh color for panties, yeah (wink to Chobek :)
Somehow winking to me when flesh colored panties are discussed...feels like we all agree that I am the sleazy one in the room ♥️...but, yeah I agree 😊

Somehow winking to me when flesh colored panties are discussed...feels like we all agree that I am the sleazy one in the room ♥️...but, yeah I agree 😊
If you have a thing for looking under Barbie's skirt I guess... never got the flesh colored panties issue. At worst makes a Barbie doll. Is like no one opposed to this issue has ever actually seen a real womans privates.

Last edited:
Hi i got the game yesterday evening and had a short test session, and bear in mind i don't have access to season pass content just yet (not "online" until game launch i guess), but what is on offer in terms of equipment is indeed very poor, with but a few additions. Seems you can position the ExEq a bit easier, further away, down etc, shrink and enlarge more, but i am not 100% on this...
faces and haircuts have a few slightly different ones, but i just had a brief glance tbh, and didn't experiment that much with the races but options a lot of possibilities, no race specific parts though and some parts are locked (need ingame "points" to unlock, which is ok for me, as long as it is not microtransactions)...i feel less comfortable with the sticker work somehow, as you can't move the stickers as easily in the projection mode...it is all incremental values now, not freeflow, unless i missed something, feels weird but i am very rusty after years not practicing :)
The game gives you the opportunity to randomize CAS using criteria (like western vs eastern, cute vs serious etc., but the results i got were pretty laughable with pink astaroth with wings etc.)

There is one BIG noticeable improvement though, i remembered Gatsu asking about this in this or another thread, so here is the deal : you have access to a number of presets (remember the but ugly pirates, soldier etc.), but the catch is they've added what looks like all the 1P costumes from the game !
But still can't swith gender for Equ., which is too bad...azwell robes would have been great for female wizards for instance, unless there is a way i didn't find...

They are listed under cheesy names referring to the original cast but can also be found as individual new parts in the equipment editor. What is even better is that you can add, remove parts of them (not fixed outfits) and combine with the rest, thus adding a significant amount of "new" parts per se.
The customized sessions of the CAS editor allows you to browse through created characters, but i didn't see any filters or search engine on offer, so a bit useless and i saw nothing exceptional so far, quite understandable since game not even out.
Also worth mentioning, you can set the music to random and enjoy the different stage music instead of the rapidly boring CAS tune...
You can also add specific battle comments to your CAS, haven't tried it out yet, since i haven't created a proper CAS.
The mechanics don't seem to have changed too much, but the fact that the default color isn't detailed (with the three values) is a bit annoying if you wanna match colors...

The rest of the game is (at first glance) a bit of a mixed bag :
-minuses (taste dependent) : seems there are no controller vibrations as in Tekken iirc (shame on you PS!) so lack of punch, no music really struck me silly, but the CAS music is cool enough at lower volumes, very poor cinematics in the story modes...
-pluses : very good presentation pre and in-fight, amazing graphics (stage textures maybe a bit blurry), crazy fluid and full of colourful effects (at least on One X), and love the new moves and gauge moves, edges etc.

Last edited:
I removed spoilers from the post above and added some additional comments from my second session, now everyone probably got the game, plus the post was probably overlooked, drowned in character thread overkill :) (which i don't think is a great idea tbh) : i understand the need for forum discipline, but i hope we are still allowed to create our own "author" thread...first i'll do the single player and just enjoy the game, then i'll come back when / if i have something worth showing...have fun !

Last edited:
The "character thread overkill" was because it's best to have a place for people who just wanna share their edits 2Ps. Of course people are allowed to make their own threads? But if people were like "Well I don't have a gallery I just like this Cervantes I made..." it means they don't have to make a whole other thread about it.

Back