Is Raphael Really Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think raph is fine , very technical but still good.
although he doesn't really have many guard breaks does he?
does anyone think 66A+B (wyverns tail) is any good?
Its like his one of his only launchers but its incredibly slow and the only advantage seems to be that it can be cancelled.

I personally think raph is fine , very technical but still good.
although he doesn't really have many guard breaks does he?
does anyone think 66A+B (wyverns tail) is any good?
Its like his one of his only launchers but its incredibly slow and the only advantage seems to be that it can be cancelled.

though I don't understand the move's ability to hit rollers, 66A+B does fair soul gauge damage while only making you -2 on block (iirc), which means you could possibly CH a lot of people who plan to hit you with a slow/safe move thinking raph's done.

Guard Breaks IMO are moves that should give some sort of advantage against blocking opponants. Usually it's relative frame advantage (such as raph's SEB A, VE A). It's similar to frame traps imo, but a lot more flashy visually (so people will just block or try to CH you).

However, on certain moves, raph has enormous knockback, which could give you advantage even though it's not by frames. Moves such as 33KB, 3B, and a far range 11B on block makes it so that if the opponant is forced to do slow long ranged moves or run at you and forfeit their frame advantage. Use those moves like a GB against a turtler, because they'll do soul gauage damage while severly limiting their available moves to use when they try to punish you.

wow 66A+B is -2 on block? that means between sidestep and 44B you should be able to beat virtually any attack they could possibly do

HolyForce plays Raph and HolyForce is pro. That's proof enough that Raph is 'worth it'. Onwards, my minion!

Well I was having trouble with 66A+B on block, and now I'll have something to back up my failed combos. Thanks for the info.

He is really worth it seriously, every time I win with him it gives me such a relief and its so fun using him, he's really fast if you know how to use him and since he doesn't have as many moves as everybody else it's kinda easy to learn him. The only problem I have with him is that he's a little weak but more hits=more fun but sometimes I kinda feel I'm spamming moves but hey he's really linear, he's predictable so yea I'd still stick with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back