Is this game worth buying a PSP for?

Yeah, I went to a couple EBGames/GameStops here and asked them about it, they said there was nothing in their computers about it. So I think it's a U.S. only thing.

That's what i was saying earlier in another thread. Up here in Seattle just yesterday, I asked about the bonus items and they said the only thing they had in their system about this game was that it was coming out and that they would be selling it on the 2nd. I just ordered it on-line. They say the items will be sent with your game to the store.

I stopped in today, and they gave me my little pamphlet. There's a lot of standard SCIV character drawings, all the new 3-D renderings, and a smattering of concept sketches for Dampierre. The CD is a "best of" featuring music from every game in the series. It's pretty great. If all that music is actually in the game, then nerdgasm.

I stopped in today, and they gave me my little pamphlet. There's a lot of standard SCIV character drawings, all the new 3-D renderings, and a smattering of concept sketches for Dampierre. The CD is a "best of" featuring music from every game in the series. It's pretty great. If all that music is actually in the game, then nerdgasm.

Which songs? SCIV's music sucked so bad compared to the past soundtracks.

If you have the soundtrack already, could you list the title tracks if it isnt too much trouble? No new music for the game? Not even different versions or remixes? That's a bummer, I was hoping to find something new to use for filming (machinima). I already have all the soundtracks from all the previous games so I was hoping for some new content. I went ahead and pre-ordered SCBD anyways today when I picked up Batman Arkham Asylum.

Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
Broken Destiny
Battle Cry
One's Mark in History
Afterglow - A Silent Prayer
To The Wind
Destiny Will Tell
Innocent Vision
Halcyon Harbor
Midnight Mystique
Who's Stepped on Her Tail

Soul Edge
Dragon's Call
Recollect Continent
The Gears of Madness

Soul Calibur

Duelists
In the Name of Father
Chasing Downstream

Soul Calibur II
Unwavering Resolve
If There Were Any Other Way
Hellfire

Soul Calibur III

Call of the Ancients
Sail Over the Storm
Endless Warfare

Soul Calibur IV
Phantasmagoria
Twilight Dwellers
Path of Destiny

I want that! >_<

It's too bad the pre-order bonus isn't available in Canadian stores. :(

Come to think about it, wasn't there supposed to have been like a SC4 pre-order keychain or something? Which, now that I think about, I never got! Grr!

At least, it can't be as bad as the BlazBlue Canadian pre-order fiasco...

Hot! And nice track listing! Looks like a fair number of new songs for Broken Destiny as well. Included a lot of my favorite songs from the series :) Though some of those songs listed in the Broken Destiny section were in SC4 as well, perhaps these are slightly altered versions (they've done it before)?

hmmm.. as you say, looks like they pretty much compiled songs from previous games. Although I am curious to hear what the title song must sound like "Broken Destiny". Some of the tracks could be new but then again I know Namco in the past has used same songs (slightly arranged differenty) for each version of the game. They even used same songs across different games ... i.e. Listen to "Endless Warfare" from Soul Calibur III then listen to "Nina & Anna's Ending Part 1" from Tekken 5/Dark Resurrection. It's literally the same song". I dont mind of course, given the chance to listen to alternate tracks by the same artist.

Wondering if there a new song for Kratos level? Or did they just use a track from God of War? Hopefully they also included some tracks from Soul Calibur Legends (Wii) here because as far as I know no soundtrack was ever created for that game.

Those looked like the most average songs out of all of them, honestly. xD

A lot of the songs that we've heard in videos so far seem like remixes of the songs from SCIV. No not like techno remixes Tekken style, but the songs with the same song name, same tune, different tempo, you know. Kind of like what they did to SCI songs in when they put them in SCIII. I dont know about anyone else but I'm not expecting a ground breaking soundtrack for BD. :P

Sail over the storm from sc3 was one of my favorite tracks (and level)in all the series. Same with Unwavering Resolve, Halcyon Harbor and In the name of Father

Okay so I agree with the Unwavering Resolve one. Epic. But they could of chosen better tracks for SCI. The New Legend? :D

I also admit that I heart Recollect Continent.

I want that soundtrack and pamphlet lol. Darn you ebgames/gamestop canada

Oh well, maybe if I'm lucky the eb close to home will get it and they can give it to me for free =D

I know they did that with the RE5 pre-order bonus. Gave it as consolation for waiting 6 months for my Madcatz TE lol

Yeah, I guess it's a game worth buying if you don't own Soul Calibur IV and you like Soul Calibur. Also the fact that you can play it wherever you go.

Same here, very satisfied with the purchase. Playing Soul Calibur in the toilet is oddly fun.

I just love having a mini soul calibur with me at all times...never know when that rival fight might happen from when your chillin in class or sippin on a hot chocolate at starbucks lol.

you'd spend about $140 (if you buy a used PSP) on SC4 + kratos and dampierre. the patches are great but since no one is playing this competitively, i don't think it'd be worth the purchase.

I thought it would be great to have a mobile SC :)!
I actually wanted to take it with me to the 2-day-school-trip we are going in 3 weeks.
And to be honest I am really curious about Dampierre and the Gauntlet mode in which Nightmare cries (as I heard).

In addition I want something to keep me interested in Soul Calibur before I become a complete Tekken fan! I am fed up with SC4 and I don't want to forget the very special thing that kept me into SC.

I thought it would be great to have a mobile SC :)!
I actually wanted to take it with me to the 2-day-school-trip we are going in 3 weeks.
And to be honest I am really curious about Dampierre and the Gauntlet mode in which Nightmare cries (as I heard).

In addition I want something to keep me interested in Soul Calibur before I become a complete Tekken fan! I am fed up with SC4 and I don't want to forget the very special thing that kept me into SC.

Yeah, BD is a better fighter overall, is rebalanced, 8WR is better, new CF system, etc, is simply better, but just don´e expect to have tons of unlockables, is supposed to be a more complete 1p experience, but it isn´t, even tough, is a great game for the psp.

Back