Ivy Combos & Tech Traps discussion

1K is one of the very few moves that catch all techs after CH 3(A).

But 3(A)>1K,9B damage isn't worth the risk.

bK isn't risky but also isn't the most damaging move when the opponent is getting up ^^

bK isn't a techtrap, it's guaranteed. Even if you delay it, it will work as a techtrap but still do the same damage because its damage doesn't get scaled in a combo. So both combo and a techtrap (Delayed) deal less than 50dmg.

Well here are some highly impractical combos but are pretty cool and should be easy to do.

214A Calamity Symphony-195/213 clean hit ( I can't do iCS yet so..yeah....)

214A A+GBE- 184/201 clean hit

214 Critical Edge- 200 damage. This is the only guaranteed combo outta the bunch.

iCS is not possible from the testing I've done for the 214A combos, only normal CS as you cannot buffer iCS and it is not enough time to input iCS after the wallhit.

iCS is not possible from the testing I've done for the 214A combos, only normal CS as you cannot buffer iCS and it is not enough time to input iCS after the wallhit.

Wait, iCS isnt bufferable? or does that only apply to 214 A combos? @.@

It's bufferable up until the last input actually. 6B+G cannot be inputted during an attack. But I believe those combos are still possible.

I can get CS off it easy enough, but not iCS yet. I'll keep trying and see what happens.

you can get iCS in other wall "combos" eg 3B , WR A+B and a few others
you can semi buffer it, I've iCS from almost standing
I did 1B BE 6K then iCS and IVY didnt shuffle at all

you can get iCS in other wall "combos" eg 3B , WR A+B and a few others
you can semi buffer it, I've iCS from almost standing
I did 1B BE 6K then iCS and IVY didnt shuffle at all
Yeah, sometimes I hold G and then buffer the 2828 during the last few seconds of the move and then the 4666B+G and it normally comes out as iCS.

I was experimenting with 22_88B BE to find any good followups out of it (that is, enough to validate spending the meter for that move) and to my surprise, 2G iWS B+K combos *and* tech traps in any direction. However, the timing is very tight, and getting both WS B+K hits on a downed target may require some particular movement in that attack. 76 damage nontech, 87 damage tech trap and puts opponent in FC.

I've also been messing around more with (B) as a substitute for bK when the target is stunned to the floor. It hits just a tad earlier than bK and is much easier to buffer when bK is frame sensitive (does 3[K]->bK seem really finicky against Ukemi to some?), and also grants substantially more meter at the expense of on average 6 points of combo damage. If the target is far away from Ivy it can be possible to sidetech in between the hits and leave you open, so beware about that. 1K RCC (B) is not a safe option 95% of the time because of this, though it works well after 22_88K.

Back