Ivy Combos

Yeah, it does. But from what I've remember, it is a character dependent combo. On some characters it doesn't work or work only when WP 3B+K hits from the side.

Found by Zou, a belgian Ivy player, WP 44 [A] blocked then B+K is guaranty (but character dependant) at close range near the edge to ring out the opponent. I tried it and it worked on Mitsu, Cervantes, Asta, Amy but it didn't work on Lizardman.

Very interesting! Free RO on block seems great. Any combo possible near wall?

Have you discovered something else?:P Don't hesitate to share.

Interesting. It actually -does- work. The timing is quite strict-er though; I'm guessing roughly around 1-2 frames of wiggle room for the input. In other words, mashing it simply is ineffective.

There's some special properties for this move to work too even on characters it does work on; investigating this still.

Update: Okay so here's the breakdown of this. There are characters that this move fully works on; you just have to be point-blank against the ring and opponent after 44[A]

Here's where it gets tricky, for some characters (see straight against Ivy), this only works if after 44[A] gets blocked, they are still facing Ivy DIRECTLY. 44[A] usually generates an angle if blocked straight up and against the edge, so Ivy has to be hitting 44[A] at a slightly angled blocking opponent OR has to hit 44[A] at an angle herself.

Even trickier, there are characters that have the totally OPPOSITE condition (see angled against Ivy). Meaning, they have to be angled against Ivy after 44[A] hits. This is done by having your opponent pinned against the edge, is blocking against Ivy straight AND Ivy is hitting 44[A] directly in front (because again, in this condition, the opponent ends on an angle against Ivy after blocking 44[A])

Then there's characters that just doesn't get hit on either condition.

Either way, be careful when using this. SE B+K isn't exactly safe and on some characters, this totally whiffs if it fails to meet the conditions which makes this move even riskier than it already is.

Thank you Scud for letting us know about this.

Working on compiling the list right now: Update! Done.
---
Fully works on:
Amy
Raphael
Setsuka
Taki
Ivy
Zasalamel
Yun-Seong
Tira
Algol
Apprentice

Semi-works on (only if angled against Ivy after 44[A])
Cassandra
Sophitia
Seong Mina (whiffs otherwise)

Semi-works on (only if straight against Ivy after 44[A])
Siegfried
Nightmare
Astaroth
Maxi
Rock
Cervantes
Mitsurugi
Yoshimitsu (whiffs otherwise)
Darth Vader

Doesn't work on:
Lizardman
Hilde (More reason to ban her. Lol! I keed I keed)
Voldo (Like he needed more tools against Ivy. Gah.)
Xianghua
Talim
Yoda (for obvious reasons)
----
Tested on Imperial Garden using 1P costumes on both.

Interesting find. It also seems like SE B+K6 also hits but harder to time. Mbe this can be done for other chars or angles?

B+K6 works on Voldo, Xianghua(hard), Talim, Lizardman and Hilde.
Against Asta it doesnt need to be next to edge but Ivy has to be really close to Asta.

6 cancels the startup frames of 9B+K. So doing 6 as early as possible after B+K is inputed makes it one frame slower than B+K.
When done right, u dont see the startup animation but just the launch.

Im hoping B+K6 with more range covers for chars with specific angles.

Edit: B+K6 can connect with Cass facing in line but its not easy to pull off. After many doing it many times, one hopes B+K would do the job.

Interesting find. It also seems like SE B+K6 also hits but harder to time. Mbe this can be done for other chars or angles?

B+K6 works on Voldo, Xianghua(hard), Talim, Lizardman and Hilde.
Against Asta it doesnt need to be next to edge but Ivy has to be really close to Asta.

6 cancels the startup frames of 9B+K. So doing 6 as early as possible after B+K is inputed makes it one frame slower than B+K.
When done right, u dont see the startup animation but just the launch.

Im hoping B+K6 with more range covers for chars with specific angles.

Edit: B+K6 can connect with Cass facing in line but its not easy to pull off. After many doing it many times, one hopes B+K would do the job.

Nice find. This may get rid of the angles altogether for the other characters since B+K6 would be the better option. Too tired to test it on all right now though, haha.

Like how Ivy gets new things everynow and then.
For Ringout in WP she has:
Post-GI: WP 6B+K(fast) or 1B and 66B(slow)
Counter Hit: WP 3B>SE K>SE B+K6
Anti-step: WP 3A>236BB

now plus:

Post-guard crush: 44[A]>B+K

Its just funny how something new discovered are usually commonly used but not explored. Next thing I want on the easter egg is CL 1A secrets!!!!

This also works in BD if anyone is wondering.

CL 1A's easter egg is probably the fact that it becomes +10 on hit when opponent runs into it just before the animation ends. This is a high-risk>high-reward move, so I doubt they put something else in it.

Combo: WP 66B (Tip), CL 3B, CL 236 BB
Work on some character.

CH CL 3B, 3B+K. CH CL 3B, launches higher than CL 3B normal hit. But then I don't think you can hit confirm.

Great Find For the WP 44[A] RO

It's hard to get the 0 frame startup of WP B+K6. I feel like I'm either pressing 6 wrong, or not pressing B+K fast enough after WP. ><

B+K can be buffered. The main thing to focus on is the timing of 6. You just have to know when B+K animation starts, and press 6 at that point and work from there. TRY not going too early and work from canceling 8B+K with 6.The timing between the commands are so minute it feels nearly like a slide input.

For timing u see in the I posted above, you can tell when B+K starts just by hearing Ivy finishes her speech at the end of 44[A]. It is tricky and feels harder to reproduce than 8kB.

Also unfortunately none of the variations of 4/6B+K can be wallcombo bcos it flies through the wall.

Eli: CH CL 3B> 3B+K can be done on big chars like Asta only.

Ring:CL 1A's hit frames consistency is such a mess. NAMCO made it more complicated than it was compared to SC3. No guaranteed reward on CH makes it the worst move to date.

Edit: Although Im starting to believe it can be harder on chars with a smaller upper body hitbox, as the smaller it is the more likely the attack wont hit before they recover into its firing line.

I found it easy after some practice. Mash B+K over and over...do not hit 6 until you see the animation start. You actually have a few frames. You'll see it start to arc mid and as it's going up you recorrect it to go far.Don't try to pull some JF with the 6. Just mash B+K and give a very brief pause before using the 6. Mash B+K so you can guarantee it comes out immediately after WP 3B. You'll be able to visually confirm when to react. In this case wait till you just see the blade taking off, any sooner and you run risk of 6B+K.

(I saw you struggling back in the day with the combo WP CH 3B, SE K, B+K6...Took the time to work it as a staple).

Found the best combo after SW 44B:

SW 44B, 9gB, SW 214K - WHOOPING 68dmg. 3dmg more than the current best one. It's kind of a glitched combo, 9gB connects only because it's 1 frame faster than SW 9B.

I still recommend SW 44B, CL 1B,B+K, SW 214K (for damage) or SW 44B, 66K, CL 236BB (for RO) over this one.

I'm not sure if these are already posted, as I've only read the first page.

SW

6b, 3b, 214k (61 damage) I couldn't get this off often. I could do it against nightmare when he was close to a wall and I was at an angle

SW

6b, CL, 3b, 236 bb (57 damage)

I'm not sure if these are already posted, as I've only read the first page.

SW

6b, 3b, 214k (61 damage) I couldn't get this off often. I could do it against nightmare when he was close to a wall and I was at an angle

SW

6b, CL, 3b, 236 bb (57 damage)

You can shake the stun after 6B, so the rest isn't guaranteed.

Generally you want to avoid CL 3B after SW 6B. The only mix up you really need:

6B>3B
6B>B+G or iCS
6B>3A - if you suspect an early Gi, duck, or step after shaking.

CL 3B is unsafe and you're better doing 9K for ring out IMO. Unless you absolutely need the range of 3B, 236BB, do not do it.

Yes, it's one of the first combos discovered. But it only does 56dmg. You should try CH CL 1A, 4B, SW 214 for about 80 dmg.

OR go for the RO cannon if you're feeling saucy ;)
Anyways, let me hit you up with a nice tech trap combo instead:
WP 3, SE 1[B+K], SW iCS techtrap.
Trapping with symphony? I know it reads to be a little farfetch'd and the timing is awkward at first, but I've already had it tested and confirmed. A bog standard symphony can also trap, but lets face it, it's not the same.

Back