Ivy Combos

WP 66B, 3A[B+K], CL A,A+K.

Typically to get this to work you need a bit of space to get the last hit to catch. I haven't tested this one specifically, but WP 3A, 3A[B+K], CL A,A+K will work provided if you have some space.

Ring could probably articulate this all better than I can, but there you go.

WP 66B, 3A[B+K], CL A,A+K.

Typically to get this to work you need a bit of space to get the last hit to catch. I haven't tested this one specifically, but WP 3A, 3A[B+K], CL A,A+K will work provided if you have some space.

Ring could probably articulate this all better than I can, but there you go.

Thanks a lot.

Not much to add except: don't use this combo.

It's completely random and character/range dependant (it works differently on every other character) and does less damage than WP 66B, CL 1B,B+K, SW 214K. Some players use it from time to time only because it looks cool ... and that's all!

IIRC they were supposed to be online within 1-2 weeks. I'm not responsibile for them so we will just have to wait a little more.

I dont know if this has been mentioned before but SW WSB [G] 6A 8B+K (6B8 ) does quite a bit of damage (most damaging combo out of SW WSB i could come up with) even more if you do 6B8 instead of 8 B+K. Its quite hard to time aswell, you pro's try it out let me know what you think. =D

I'll test it but I think the confirmed best dmg for WS B are:

WS B, 214K
WS B, 6K, 6B8
WS B, A, 6B8

I prefer the last one. It does slightly less damage but is far more consistent and doesn't have weird glitches like the other ones get on occasion.

Use the 6B8 tho, 8B+K has no use in this game period. Some alternate commands have different properties but as far as I know this one is just worse in all aspects.

I'll test it but I think the confirmed best dmg for WS B are:

WS B, 214K
WS B, 6K, 6B8
WS B, A, 6B8

I prefer the last one. It does slightly less damage but is far more consistent and doesn't have weird glitches like the other ones get on occasion.

Use the 6B8 tho, 8B+K has no use in this game period. Some alternate commands have different properties but as far as I know this one is just worse in all aspects.

I have trouble getting the SW WSB 214K to connect, the training dummy always seems to get up in time, is there some trick to this???

also i find SW 8B+K much more easier to use than 6B8 but then that may just be me. =D

I think 214K is only on some characters and if a wall is present. I know I opted out of it because I favor consistency over risk timing/condition sensitive variations unless I feel the extra dmg is really needed.

8B+K is easier, but you need to get comfortable with 6B9. It's used in a LOT of combos and the extra damage is worth it since it's not too hard to get down despite it's awkward feel at first. I know this is somewhat a contradiction of why I use lesser damage combos for consistency, but the skill cap on consistent 6B9 is not harsh enough to warrant the use of 8B+K.

WS B, 214K works without a wall but it's super hard to time and not worth (much harder than Link's combo in SC3). I think WS B, BT K, 6B8 is the best after all, even though it can be a little random.

Also, 6B8 seems to have much better tracking properties than 8B+K so I think damage is not the only difference.

SW WR B CL 4B
I can't seem to thing again.
Glitch? Strict Timing?

Note: This is normal hit, Ivy Instantly turns (it almost like she is doing CL 4B and turning at the same time), and Ivy is at max range for the launch.

This is character and range dependant. On some characters it seems to work only when WS B is done from an angle if I remember well.

In BD it's easier because WS B launches higher.

I didn't really see it up there, but I didn't look very well, honestly. But what about..
Start in SW. 44B.A+K(coil)1B.B+K(hold to sword)~214K for guaranteed.
Ukemi can add a 2A+K/22-88K after the 3B.B+K(hold) and continue to the 214K.

This can also be started in whip using 66B+K~(coil)1B.B+K(hold to sword)~2A+K/22-88K or just skip to~214K for guaranteed damage.

The combo list hasn't been updated in a long time. It seems the best option (damage wise) after SW 44B is 9gB to 214K, but it's difficult to perform. WP 66B combo has many variations, we have WP 66B, 3A, 3A, CL 1BB+K, SW 214K combo listed as the most powerful w/o a techtrap. I think WP 66B, 3A, CL 9gB, SW 214K can be even stronger but I don't remember the exact damage.

There's also:

WP 66B, 9gB, 44A+B~A+B = 68dmg, it's pretty consistent
WP 66B, CL 9gB, SW214K is 70dmg

Before 1.03 patch these combos were at least 10dmg stronger.

yeah i was curious so i cleared my system cache just to see how strong she was. it seems her
WP 2B+K counter was 45 before patch and now it's 33 after patch. also her infinite sword while rising B. :/

How do you clear you system cache on Xbox? I'm kind of curious as to how she played before the patch.

I don't know about Xbox but on PS3 you only need to remove SC4 data from HDD.

She was better than Hilde before the patch. I'm actually glad they nerfed her because the game would be unplayable with such a monster. If you guys are curious about the pre-patch Ivy I encourage to check these things:

SW WS B infinite and iWS B combos
CH SW 3B, iWS B, BT A+B, CL 4B, SW 214K for example. She could relaunch with iWS after CH SW 3B, CH CL 3B, CH CL 1A etc
CL 214B was safe against 90% of characters being -14 on block with huge pushback
WP 6A+B 100% tracking UB, unavoidable oki, guaranteed after some combos like CL A+B, A+K, WP 66A+B, WP 6[A+B] was a combo
Normal CS with the range of iCS, also iCS glitch
WP 3A safe, 0 on hit, and 10+ dmg in combos
WP 1_2_3B+K doing much more damage

It was fun while it lasted :P

Back