Ivy General Submissions for Discussion

Doesnt seem broken to me.. seems pretty good... but not broken considering it completely whiffs up close and depending on your range the second one whiffs and you are open

It seems like they improved on the idea of sc5 66[ A ]. The move hit twice HM and was +13(i think) but, got no real use because jG, slow start up and high start. Ppl are just crying cuz its ivy.

@Ring , awesome to see you again. Hope you're doing well. That move is 66(A). There's no hitbox close to her, so you can stand "inside" it if she uses it at a bad time. I even had situations where they blocked the first hit, but the second whiffed behind them. Then, of course, they get a free combo.

Still a good move, but you'll have to be more careful where you place it as people get used to it.
Hi Link! Nice to see you too. I'm doing good, thanks. How you been? It's been ages (literally) . I really enjoyed watching you play in that stream. Actually had to watch it a few times to figure out what was going on.

My impression from the vid is that her pokes been nerfed but NH damage has been buffed. Lack of normal 2A hurts even from watching. But it's nice to see they changed the properties of some moves to make them actually usable, such as 1_2_3B+K. Overall very flashy mix of SC2, SC3, SC4 and SC5 moveset. I like it!

Still have some questions :)

About 66(A) - is it NC? It looks like a great whiff punisher. Also, I assume it's mid? Any ideas on block frames?

How's the movement in this game? Does it also have the same backdash and sidestep lag as in SC5? I liked that in the previous game because it was easier to land counter hits with slow horizontal movies when the opponent was moving at frame disadvantage.

@Ring , things have been pretty good for me as well. Glad you enjoyed the exhibition.

I'd say your analysis is accurate. Losing old 2A and old 4B make it difficult to fight up close. In return, having a NH 3B combo for punishment, along with more NCs in general, is really nice.

I'm pretty sure 66(A) is NC. If the first part hit, the second always would too, even at ranges where if they had blocked the first hit the second was going to whiff behind them.

I believe the first hit is mid. Unsure about second hit. In casuals, there was a certain range where my opponent did a far reaching tech crouch move and kinda went between the two hits. I don't know if there's a gap between them, or if he spaced the first hit and went under the second.

Block frames ... if they blocked the second hit they were never in range to punish. They do generally get a free run into the range where you don't want to 66(A) anymore, though.

Best way I can describe movement is prepatch SC5 at old school speed and responsiveness. You can definitely still hit people for trying to move, but the window might be smaller. Back step is more vulnerable than sidestep.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for answering! Can't wait to play the game.

The movement is gonna be a huge deal. I already saw someone found backdash cancel in SC6.

I forgot to ask about one move, I believe it's 6A+B now? (old A+B,A). Does it have the same properties as in SC5? No combo on NH or CH?

Those two moves paired with her 214b might make a solid mix up on step. If a+b,b tc early we might have some tricky shit.
@Frayhua where did you hear it was all hori's? It might have been like that in the past but, the agi window was really small or specific to hori mids

Last edited:
@Frayhua where did you hear it was all hori's? It might have been like that in the past but, the agi window was really small or specific to hori mids

Yes, in SCIII WP A+B only aGIed Mid Horizontals. In SCIV: BD, Ivy's WP A+B aGIed ALL Horizontals. I think in SCVI that she might aGI ALL Horizontals again.

Ivy Whip-Wrap B:B:B:B damage is... well, see for yourself

At 3:29 - Ivy's CE aGI seem to counter ALL Hit Levels & Throws like a normal GI in SCVI.

Reactions: Kaz
I can see from the video that:

- iCS (1:05 )looks really fast, like in SC3 (i15)
- 66(A) whiffs all the time at close range
- at point blank range, 3B may not be able to combo into lvy lick (2:35)

Ivy lick's damage seems very nerfed.
But her overall gameplay seems beautiful and more useful

Ps: i love how the ankle grab sweep from SE is way faster than older versions

@Frayhua i didnt know it got buffed in BD. I was going off sc4 version. That should be solid, backed by that damage.

@Ring SS and CS look fast hopefully they have shirt break windows(i heard SS is unbreakable).

Sorry for the wait, had so many troubles with transferring the footage(the quality got lowered too) :'(

Only had a limited time with the demo so some of the moves are missing, but I got most of them for you all! Should be a nice head start for my fellow Ivy players to begin visualizing her move set before getting the chance to play :)

I will try to attend EVO as well next month and focus on gathering as much combo footage as I can to make another video for you guys. Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy! <3

Last edited:
Back