Ivy General Submissions for Discussion

People like you in The Talim Fanbase are the biggest crybabies want Ivy to be nerf just like you guys got nerfed Natsu in SCV for no reason.

Ivy's 1_2_3B+K were always Special Mid. The Talim Fanbase love to spread lies and people believe it. That guy who made the other thread on Ivy wanted to push a false agenda just to make Ivy non-viable. Overnerfing a character before a game is even released isn't right.

Ok, you got one thing right, but Kilik & Xianghua have no problems with Ivy's 2_3A+G & 1_2_3B+K mixup.

You're really pathetic, beside of trolling other characters people play and can you just think a more meaning thing to speak

ivy low throw needs a hitbox reduction, everything else on the move makes sense, dmg is fine, and ROs over half walls like it should, unblockable summon suffering is kinda cheap but w/e we can GI and duck for punishment. Ivy is OP but not to where she's unfair imo that coming from maxi main.

ivy low throw needs a hitbox reduction, everything else on the move makes sense, dmg is fine, and ROs over half walls like it should, unblockable summon suffering is kinda cheap but w/e we can GI and duck for punishment. Ivy is OP but not to where she's unfair imo that coming from maxi main.
If what I've read is correct, CS ignores GI and while the start up for the animations is slightly different it still cheap as hell to have two command grabs with extensive different properties but only superficial animation differences.

Not being able to break from a grab is just plain stupid, there is a obvious differences between low grabs and aerial grabs that need it's own set up.

If what I've read is correct, CS ignores GI and while the start up for the animations is slightly different it still cheap as hell to have two command grabs with extensive different properties but only superficial animation differences.

Not being able to break from a grab is just plain stupid, there is a obvious differences between low grabs and aerial grabs that need it's own set up.
idk what you read, but from my experience, i GId it, i mean also it makes sense that it has to have counters to it. GI > Grabs/Unblockables IE SS.

the hitbox on it is so big hard to step but with buffed jump moves i think we will have to see where the meta goes. but good ivy will mid poke lick for jump attempts so that just makes the mind games more juicy. cant wait.

I just watch this video:

Ivy is now turned into a cheap character. How can you recognize the different between 2B+K and 2A+G which one require to stand block and one require to sit and guard.

Both moves has the same animation, what's going on here ? Here is the comparison

2A+G (need to block low)

View attachment 50157

2B+K (need to stand block)
View attachment 50158

Look at LinkRKC abuse the 2A+G move. It catchs step safe on distance and no one can't recognize the different between 2A+G and 2B+K

Is this some kind of joke Namco ?

Sorry, I don't agree. I actually think its really easy to tell which one she is going to do. For the low throw, she only starts the animation with one hand and brings it back and over her head. The 2B+K animation starts with both hands in front of her head. People will learn to react to this.

A thank you to our Russian buddy @rentao12 for spreading the gospel of our queen, as well as a congratulations.
By the way, why did the portal grab combo in the string that starts at 7:43?
Thank you, Maedhros! It was a pleasure to play Ivy against skilled players, can't wait for the release of the game. My personal favorite move is her 4B7, they significantly improved it compared to its SCIV version. Plus 8_9 B+K finally became viable in combat. And performing A+B (GB) on Gi/ RE opponents is unbelievably satisfying as well.

Edit: P.s. I'm not sure if it's been pointed out already, but I learned how to make Ivy's RE turn into a mid-range whip hit. You need to hold 6 while pressing B+G, which will not result in the guessing game on hit as far as I tested, but I still believe it's a quite unique feature none of any other characters appear to have.

Last edited:
Thank you, Maedhros! It was a pleasure to play Ivy against skilled players, can't wait for the release of the game. My personal favorite move is her 4B7, they significantly improved it compared to its SCIV version. Plus 8_9 B+K finally became viable in combat. And performing A+B (GB) on Gi/ RE opponents is unbelievably satisfying as well.

Edit: P.s. I'm not sure if it's been pointed out already, but I learned how to make Ivy's RE turn into a mid-range whip hit. You need to hold 6 while pressing B+G, which will not result in the guessing game on hit as far as I tested, but I still believe it's a quite unique feature none of any other characters appear to have.

IIRC Yoshi and Maxi also have ways to cancel RE, but haven't seen it for anyone else. Also good job on the tournament; as always a scary Ivy :P

Quick question, anyone know if Ivy has that whip combo move featured in SC5, I don't know the name. The one where you do down down B, then back + B B B, about four or five vertical circular whip hits. (still learning how to type things in the number pad format used online)

Or similar easy quick 3 or more hit moves? In the Ivy matches I was watching just now I saw a similar-ish but shorter one, where she does a horizontal slash then two whip hits.

Quick question, anyone know if Ivy has that whip combo move featured in SC5, I don't know the name. The one where you do down down B, then back + B B B, about four or five vertical circular whip hits. (still learning how to type things in the number pad format used online)

Or similar easy quick 3 or more hit moves? In the Ivy matches I was watching just now I saw a similar-ish but shorter one, where she does a horizontal slash then two whip hits.

Yes, I believe that move you are referring to is back in SC6. It is Serpents Embrace BBB or the just frame version BBBBB.

3:35 in my video:

Thanks! A bit different from how it was done in SC5. I don't remember too much about how Serpent's Embrace works in the series.

In your video you show 66K [Hold], the shoulder attack that ends in SE stance, to then showing the SE moves. What are the ways of going into SE stance in SC6 we know of? I guess if you have to transition into SE stance first, that BBB combo won't be as quick to pull out as in SC5. I do notice a couple other moves like 4A [Hold] look to end in SE stance. Great video, a lot of info to process there.

Very newbie questions I know, and thanks for the info.

Thanks! A bit different from how it was done in SC5. I don't remember too much about how Serpent's Embrace works in the series.

In your video you show 66K [Hold], the shoulder attack that ends in SE stance, to then showing the SE moves. What are the ways of going into SE stance in SC6 we know of? I guess if you have to transition into SE stance first, that BBB combo won't be as quick to pull out as in SC5. I do notice a couple other moves like 4A [Hold] look to end in SE stance. Great video, a lot of info to process there.

Very newbie questions I know, and thanks for the info.

True, it's done differently now, if you're interested in this particular move. However, I should stress here, that unlike in any other previous installment, in SCVI you can pull out all seven hits (which is quite satisfying) without any special inputs. And that, as Mage has already pointed out, can be performed by pressing B multiple times during Reversal Edge.

As for the moves resulting in her going to SE stance, these are 4[A], 214, 22_88 , 66[K], 6B [A], Reversal Edge [A], 3A+B G, 44B+K G, Fc3 G. Hope I didn't miss anything.

I also wanted to say, that recalling playing SCVI Ivy makes me realize how incredibly awesome she is. They added quite a few unique moves to her Soul Charge mode and made almost all nice-looking Brave Edge options (that are now 66B B, 22_88B A, Summon Suffering, SE 8B+K) free to use, which is so exciting! It's also nice to have an opportunity to perform the second hit of SE 6A A even when the first one doesn't land (whereas in SCIV it was a necessary condition). And then there are several moves with auto GI properties, such as BT 1A B, which I don't remember ever being the case (but could be mistaken), and even while playing against Taki I made 4A+B GI a lot of moves at close range, although in SCV it was barely possible to make it GI anything. Besides, there's a multitude of options in SE, including 4A that is now quick and strong, and a few GB attacks, that also look neat, according to me. Plus several very special-looking moves like 2A+G or SC 6B B are amazing additions. In fact, even 8A+B B feels new, so does 4B7, that is now combable. I'm also in love with her RE B move, some RE battle quotes, such as 'Predictable!' or 'Mediocre!' and Soul Charge activation (especially if she says 'I'll... tame you!').

So many thanks to the development team! It's like a dream come true. Even if she's nerfed I don't mind at all (especially if it helps balancing the game), since having all these accessible almost at any time, strong and appealing moves at our disposal is already more than I could possibly wish for, not to mention fun battle quotes and stunning looks.

Last edited:
True, it's done differently now, if you're interested in this particular move. However, I should stress here, that unlike in any other previous installment, in SCVI you can pull out all seven hits (which is quite satisfying) without any special inputs. And that, as Mage has already pointed out, can be performed by pressing B multiple times during Reversal Edge.

As for the moves resulting in her going to SE stance, these are 4[A], 214, 22_88 , 66[K], 6B [A], Reversal Edge [A], 3A+B G, 44B+K G, Fc3 G. Hope I didn't miss anything.

I also wanted to say, that recalling playing SCVI Ivy makes me realize how incredibly awesome she is. They added quite a few unique moves to her Soul Charge mode and made almost all nice-looking Brave Edge options (that are now 66B B, 22_88B A, Summon Suffering, SE 8B+K) free to use, which is so exciting! It's also nice to have an opportunity to perform the second hit of SE 6A A even when the first one doesn't land (whereas in SCIV it was a necessary condition). And then there are several moves with auto GI properties, such as BT 1A B, which I don't remember ever being the case (but could be mistaken), and even while playing against Taki I made 4A+B GI a lot of moves at close range, although in SCV it was barely possible to make it GI anything. Besides, there's a multitude of options in SE, including 4A that is now quick and strong, and a few GB attacks, that also look neat, according to me. Plus several very special-looking moves like 2A+G or SC 6B B are amazing additions. In fact, even 8A+B B feels new, so does 4B7, that is now combable. I'm also in love with her RE B move, some RE battle quotes, such as 'Predictable!' or 'Mediocre!' and Soul Charge activation (especially if she says 'I'll... tame you!').

So many thanks to the development team! It's like a dream come true. Even if she's nerfed I don't mind at all (especially if it helps balancing the game), since having all these accessible almost at any time, strong and appealing moves at our disposal is already more than I could possibly wish for, not to mention fun battle quotes and stunning looks.
I'm with you in all that you mentioned.
I also believe that even if she is nerfed, she still has the best gameplay being able to use all of her fancy moves and stuff.
About 4b7, you mentioned it is better now. Is it still a GB move that sends opponents far away on block?

I'm with you in all that you mentioned.
I also believe that even if she is nerfed, she still has the best gameplay being able to use all of her fancy moves and stuff.
About 4b7, you mentioned it is better now. Is it still a GB move that sends opponents far away on block?
Not sure about sending opponents away on block, but it lost the GB properties, however it didn't happen once while I was playing SCVI that a few of the first 4B7 hits landed and the rest just hit the ground instead of the opponent, not stunning him and opening Ivy for punishment, which happened to me quite often in SCIV. Probably, they shortened its distance and I think it's gotten quicker too. Additionally, there are several guaranteed combos with 4B7 in the middle. I really like the concept of the move, that's why I'm happy that at last I can use it in battle, as in SCIV it was next to impossible for me to use it properly. I assume that in SCIV it had some other purpose, which maybe I failed to discover, but I totally appreciated the way it is in SCVI.

So I was looking everywhere on YouTube and Twitch for the video of Link vs Party Wolf, their epic battles before the top 8 finals. I could not find it anywhere! I had it recorded live so I decided to upload it for all of you who did not get to see it live:

5:35 is so cool :)

Back