Ivy General Submissions for Discussion

I think we need to wait and see.

What I personally got from the wording for the CE is that vertical aGI's affect it. If we're wrong, it's not hard to guess a vertical. The GI timing is sped up though.
Base on some people who play the patch first in US, her CE now can only GI vertical move

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1544770446557.jpg
    FB_IMG_1544770446557.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 320
So Ivy seems to have escaped rather lightly in the balance patch. Phew!
IMO she got hit pretty hard

- Reduced damage In FC1B, FC3BB and LH 22A combos by 20-30dmg
- 2/3A+G tracking removed completely
- CE only autoGI verticals
- SE 4A damage nerfed
- 22K combo damage nerfed

IMO she got hit pretty hard

- Reduced damage In FC1B, FC3BB and LH 22A combos by 20-30dmg
- 2/3A+G tracking removed completely
- CE only autoGI verticals
- SE 4A damage nerfed
- 22K combo damage nerfed
Yeah, I thought the CE change was different (it was worded terribly) and didn't expect the last two. If it were just the first two changes it would be fine. The CE in particular feels like a crapshoot now. :(

Yeah, I thought the CE change was different (it was worded terribly) and didn't expect the last two. If it were just the first two changes it would be fine. The CE in particular feels like a crapshoot now. :(

What they did to the CE was whack in my opinion. But who knows, lol once word gets out we might be able to get more 44B Lethal Hits. If your out 2A range, and with a full meter, you can create some mindgames. Idk, just wishful thinking I guess

I do propose that if you do a combo like 9B+K 4A you should use 8A+B(B) instead of 4B8 214(B) if they have meter. Maybe you could just not go into stance but I'd rather push them back into a preferred range altogether in that scenario. The patch notes are weird asf and should be discussed. How is she defensive? Why are they changing the CE again? I don't really use her meter moves but what would they even change to encourage offensive play? I would love for SC 6BB to be a natural combo and whiff less.
received_2205812496340411.jpeg

She is defensive in the sense that her preferred style is to push opponents out to range, as you say. A lot of her damage comes from hitting people trying to get in. It sounds to me like she should be fairly safe in the next patch.

I've got a question about Spiral Lust.
A couple of patches ago they changed so that if you hit B from Spiral Lust and your opponent blocks it, he will get pulled towards you.
Now I wonder, any way to put this to our gain? Do we get some frame advantage? Any safe or almost safe options from there?
Because I tried 3+B and feels totally unsafe.

Granted it doesn't happen often to me because most of the time people (rightfully) just sidestep out of that move, but still for when I manage to pull it out, anything that's worth doing?

Different question about SS.
When did they change so that RE can block SS? I thought only Guard Impact could counter it. Was I wrong and RE always worked against it? Or is it a recent change?

I've got a question about Spiral Lust.
A couple of patches ago they changed so that if you hit B from Spiral Lust and your opponent blocks it, he will get pulled towards you.
Now I wonder, any way to put this to our gain? Do we get some frame advantage? Any safe or almost safe options from there?
Because I tried 3+B and feels totally unsafe.

Granted it doesn't happen often to me because most of the time people (rightfully) just sidestep out of that move, but still for when I manage to pull it out, anything that's worth doing?

Different question about SS.
When did they change so that RE can block SS? I thought only Guard Impact could counter it. Was I wrong and RE always worked against it? Or is it a recent change?

For Spiral Lust post patch, it is indeed a nerf due to its vulnerability increase. Pre-patch this kept opponents away to favor Ivy's gameplan. I think it's best to NOT follow up w/ anything, given her fastest attacks are i12, & it won't grant her any frame advantage. RE has always been able to repel SS b/c it's not a true UB. It leans towards more of a grab property than anything else.

Then what do you guys use when you get pressured by other players at melee range with very fast/safe attacks, interrupted combos or in general very good mixups? Guard Impacts or RE can be the key to get out of such pressuring situations, but depending on the character you're against and the quality of the player, it's sometimes very hard to predict what he's gonna do, especially because sometimes a single attack guessed wrong lead you into an uninterruptable sequence of very damaging combos/juggles, this can be somewhat frustrating at times.

Notoriously kicks are often the fastest attacks in SC games but I find myself them not being fast enough for me to get out of these scenarios. At least not 3+K and 2+K.
I haven't tried much, when such pressuring situations happen to me I normally panic and fail clamorously.
Yes I'm not a very good player but then again I never claimed otherwise.
Would love to hear how other players approach these situations, hoping I can learn something ;-)

Also a thing I started to rely on after the last patches is interrupting 1+A, A after the first attack (the second leaves you very open if blocked, the first very much less so) and then following with 3+B, which will bring you into spiral lust.
I'm not sure if this considered an effective strategy by good players or if I've just been very lucky, but over the last, say, 100 fights online I've been using it repeatedly and I can say it's somewhat pretty good. Not a game changer, but a good tool to create variation in my game at least.
What's the general consensus about it?

Back