Ivy SCIV->SCV Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info!

I was on PSN chat with Scud when he was testing the game.

We were able to find a good combo with CH 2A+B

CH 2A+B, 6B8 BE, w!, 7B +K, 6B8 BE, 2B+K, 2B+K, it was about 150-160dmg. But like all 6B8 BE combos, it needs a wallsplat unfortunately.

Ring
"Namco took feedback from top French and Japanese players, not me."
It looks like your wrong on this point... I heard from players who participate to the guide that they give some advice about some moves, which are still in the game...

This is even better then. If they didn't listen to you guys then there's absolutely no chance that they would listen to me saying Sieg's damage was too strong and his 3B spammable.

It sucks that they still don't want to listen to the players about balance. Some moves in the game are clearly too strong.

Malek Nice information. But yes the long range attack she has are messed up. Some just completely wiff. For example WR [A] will go right though the opponent if the opponent is close range. I experienced 6 wiffing sometime even when using on max range. Namco really change the hit box of these moves where only at certain ranges they can actually hit. 3 [A] wiff at close range.

Ok move list are up. Would have been sooner but video was to long and I had to cut it and re-upload it.

Video are here. I don't know if we should just create a seperate thread for move list. Where both the videos and the post of the entire movelist should good.

Also I really like how my Colour Edit turned out. :)
ivy_sc5_concept_art_color_edit_by_eli123s-d41o6mc.png

ivy_sc5_second_outfit_colour_edit_1_by_eli123s-d4m69n4.png

Ivy player since SC2.

Ivy player no longer.

This is a fucking Travesty.

I might even return this game.

I thought I was the only one that felt this way, man this doesn't even feel like IVY....even SC4 ivy felt like I was playing ivy still just with more.... this ivy feels picked apart and mashed together just for the sake of it...

And to top it off there is no whip stance.....GG

yall can have her.

I thought I was the only one that felt this way, man this doesn't even feel like IVY....even SC4 ivy felt like I was playing ivy still just with more.... this ivy feels picked apart and mashed together just for the sake of it...

And to top it off there is no whip stance.....GG

yall can have her.
::eyeroll::

You can use the Japanese voices. Buried in the menus somewhere.

She's not completely bad now, I sort of like not juggling coil/whip/sword, but you have to work so hard especially against the big boys.

Is Ivy's 1B still in the game? You know the move where she stabs the ground and her whip goes coiling across the floor and hits them? Can't seem to find it, not sure if it has a new input or something.

Oh and WTF happened to most of her movelist? I heard they wanted to simplify her but I didn't think she would lose so may moves...

Is Ivy's 1B still in the game? You know the move where she stabs the ground and her whip goes coiling across the floor and hits them? Can't seem to find it, not sure if it has a new input or something.

Oh and WTF happened to most of her movelist? I heard they wanted to simplify her but I didn't think she would lose so may moves...

That is also one move she lost -- she only has the SW version of it now (which is crap).

I still like to play as Ivy, the lack of stances is kind of annoying but I don't mind that too much. In all it kind of reminds me of how she played in SC1. Hell the whole game, meter moves aside, feels alot more like the origional SC than II, III, or IV. (I never played SB so I can't comment on that one)

Good news about her BE's guys!

The second hit of 1B BE can be evaded by anybody with a 4B type attack (cervantes, mitsu, etc etc) on block. It can also be Auto GI'd, GI'd, or JG'd.

Second part of 22B BE can be JG'd or auto GI'd.

66B BE is useless so let's not even go there.

I guess the only useful one is 6B8 BE now? :\

Anyone else really feeling her lack of damage?

I can't tell you how many times I've been playing and lose with my opponent having hardly any health left, and I thought "wow, if I had 20% more damage I would have won"

I'll be honest, I'm really struggling with her. I just don't know how to play her yet I guess.

Good news about her BE's guys!

The second hit of 1B BE can be evaded by anybody with a 4B type attack (cervantes, mitsu, etc etc) on block. It can also be Auto GI'd, GI'd, or JG'd.

Second part of 22B BE can be JG'd or auto GI'd.

66B BE is useless so let's not even go there.

I guess the only useful one is 6B8 BE now? :\

Full of optimism as always noface.

Well, until my opponent can react to 1B BE in a match, I will keep whoring it out.

Also, that doesn't take away from the fact that 1B BE is fast (not sure on the frames) that it can punish unsafe moves.

Anyone else really feeling her lack of damage?

I can't tell you how many times I've been playing and lose with my opponent having hardly any health left, and I thought "wow, if I had 20% more damage I would have won"

I'll be honest, I'm really struggling with her. I just don't know how to play her yet I guess.

It's natural that you'll struggle with her honestly -- she is no longer top tier. I'm struggling with her too.

You have to be a smarter player in general to win. Yes, she does have some tools that can give you the advantage, but she is more dependent on the skill of the player to play frame traps, mid-throw mixups or what have you to win.

Like noface is saying, she really isn't that good anymore. If you can play her really well, she is a threat -- but she won't be the character tournament players will go to unless they really like her playstyle.

Full of optimism as always noface.

Well, until my opponent can react to 1B BE in a match, I will keep whoring it out.

Also, that doesn't take away from the fact that 1B BE is fast (not sure on the frames) that it can punish unsafe moves.

It's natural that you'll struggle with her honestly -- she is no longer top tier. I'm struggling with her too.

You have to be a smarter player in general to win. Yes, she does have some tools that can give you the advantage, but she is more dependent on the skill of the player to play frame traps, mid-throw mixups or what have you to win.

Like noface is saying, she really isn't that good anymore. If you can play her really well, she is a threat -- but she won't be the character tournament players will go to unless they really like her playstyle.

damn this makes me feel I'm really not alone on this, I too have been struggling with her, but I've always known Ivy takes getting used to and learning her, I hadb't played with her since SC2 I switched ove to cassy on SC4 since I didn't get to play all that too much on sc3, but yeah her high dmg output I can see is very situational at times, but I'm still getting used to her altogether and thus I'm not the greatest Ivy player, but damn does it feel hard to earn the win sometimes.

What stances does Ivy retain in V?
I have messed around with her in training and they most definitely simplified her.

Hi everyone,I'm an Ivy player too(already introduced myself in the right place of the forum)and I would like to give my opinion about the NEW Ivy...

I just can't believe how much she changed...I mean,NO STANCES AT ALL!!?? I think is still quite early to say that she is ruined altough I never played the game at any tournament or competitive level but I played the previous ones(just 3 and 4) and I liked how difficult it was to master her stances and neverending moveset(IV specially)I was specting at least 2 stances again...or even serpent's embrace..but..NOTHING!!...I can't feel any thing else than frustation about what I found as soon as I tasted Ivy by myself...it's very dissapointing to me...but I still hope to play as good as posible to play her decently...

I really don't want to change of char,she's my fevourite one,there's nothing else in the roster that calls my attention...Omega pyhrra maybe but idk...anyway...just wanted to share with you guys my opinion ;) (sorry for my english...I'm from Argentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back