Ivy SCIV->SCV Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's all in this video.
Thank you very much. It's unfortunate that most of her edge attacks seem pointless..
1bA+B+K leads to a guaranteed 1K.B, correct? Can that B have the BE? :/

I fail to see the point in most of her other ones. Wasn't the 66/33/99bA+B+K supposed to launch on an earlier build?

Yep, her BE's are not that good apparently. At the beginning I thought they were decent but I was wrong.

66B BE is probably the most ridiculous BE of all. It launches only on CH and its a multi hit so it scales down damage in combos. There's no logic at all in this move, Brave Edge is supposed to give you a lot of damage on NH for spending the meter, here you get almost nothing. It's not worth using it. You can use 2A+B or 3B and the result will be better.

6B8 BE is the best one I think. It leads to massive damage combos if you wall splat.

1B BE guarantees 6B8K on guard but you can JG and GI the GC move, it's gonna be very risky.

22B BE is probably gonna be useless,but needs more testing.

A+G (SS) gives you 15 dmg buff to normal throw.

Unless there's something we don't know yet, her Edge attacks don't look very good.

Does anyone have any GOOD news?

Also, does there seem to at least be any logic in PS' decisions with Ivy? I thought the whole point of her normal attacks doing lower damage was because she was supposed to have exceptional brave edge attacks...

Good news is that Scud found that 7_8_9B+K relaunches opponent, but only after 6B8 BE wallsplat. It leads to 160dmg combos but it's kinda situational, though.

While I wouldn't mind a patch there is a lot for us tohave fun with and find she's might be a little less extravagent but she seems solid

Is 44[A]6 BT B+K a combo?
Could be a combo but I doubt it'd be a safe combo. They would probably have time to turn around and hit you with a low first.

Someone could test this for us or else we will have to wait till Friday. That's when Europe gets it. Me, Ring, etc won't have it yet but Eli might.

Wow...
She has no mid low mixup at all.
Gone is FC3B, CL A+B crumple hit, SE stance.
I'm getting worried she won't be as competitive as characters with strong 1A mixups.

But she has a strong throw game, enough to supply mid/throw mixups. And normally she should be able to harrass from a distance. On paper that seems about enough to me, a character shouldn't be good at everything.

It's all Ring's fault for going on a rampage about Sieg. Now they have punished us. :P
OK, this really needs to stop. The info is false and his nerf had nothing to do with me and some random forum talk. Namco took feedback from top French and Japanese players, not me. If they actually read what we said, Ivy would look much different.

Cya guys, I might be back if they patch Ivy. Not liking her playstyle right now, and she seems weak.
Traitor :P We will make her strong and you will come back to us begging for forgiveness!

Seriously though, won't you even use her as a secondary?

I hope everyone's move list isn't chopped to shit like Ivy's. I mean damn, she has like half of what she had in sc4.

Ok some things that I test.

Good news.
Ivy has 100% damage combo. Out of UB 6A+B or 214A.
UB, w!, 7B+K, 6B8 BE, w!, 66B BE, 6B8 BE, w!, 2B+K, 2B+K
Very situational however.

Then angle need to be tested, but FC 1B, G, 6B8 BE can also give w! combo.
With wall behind, angle to determined, and 1 BE:
FC 1B, G, 6B8 BE, w!, 7B+K, 6B8 gives very decent damage.

FC1B don't launch at any range. Only Close Range. Mid Range, you have to use FC 1 [ B ] which gives a lot less damage.
but w! is still possible, and combos looks the same. Only damage are decreases.

44BBB launch on NH, but it's quite hard to use. can be used as tech trap in some situation or if you guess right a low like Night 1A.
Same as FC 1 [ B ] for anything else.

Ring
"Namco took feedback from top French and Japanese players, not me."
It looks like your wrong on this point... I heard from players who participate to the guide that they give some advice about some moves, which are still in the game...
Example, Ivy's and Asta's CE cannot be duck after the flash, but some TC move can be used against it !!!???!!!
If I used Ivy's CE on Raph, he don't need to duck but just to mash [4]BBBBBBB "AFTER" the flash in order to use 4B to duck and punish Ivy......... Same goes for Asta.

About Ivy's mix up, the goal is mainly to FC1B / throw.
Against character without TC move fast enough to duck after the flash, [G]236236A+B+K can be mixed with [G]2362FC1B.
Same thing with CS. SS is not so good, only the CleanHit make's it nice. But it's random...

SS and CS gives additional damage when opponent is back turn.
SS and CS gives additional damage because of clean hit (random).
CS gives additional damage in JF. Don't know how to do it yet...

4A+B looks like it has been nerfed, cause he doesn't GI anything now. Only mid I think.

214B remains the same. A+B A too. Can't find usefull set up with A+B right now. Same goes for WS A+B A, only some wall can use it for nice damage.

Some more w!:
4K, w!, 66B BE, 1B+K, 9A+B B: approx 95.
9K, w!, WS A+B A, 9B: approx 100.
4K, w!, 66B BE, 6B+K: 108.

Maybe 22B BE can be usefull for w!, cause 5JF can re w!.
It needs to be tested.
3B can gives w! too.

22B BE looks like to have some strange property. Or can gives some setup that has to be test.
22B BE, BT 2B+K is tech trap on back rool.
22B BE, G FC1 B is tech trap on ??? I don't know but it can be tech trap for sure.
22B BE, G bK is against players who stays on ground.
22B BE, G, SS/CS against normal tech.
All this need to be tested further more, but still it may have some potential.

1B BE, will mainly be a close whiff punisher, cause JG out of this move is not so hard, and punishment is really really hard...

9A+B B can be used a lot to RO. Out of launcher for example, or moves like 1A+B, or some other combo like 1B BE, 1B BE, 9A+B B.

Her long range is quite bad compared to any other previous Ivy, but most problematic, it is quite bad compared to a lot of other character... Maxi, Asta, Raph, Night, Xiba, all of these character and maybe others can challenge Ivy at max range without lots of trouble... She looks to be stronger at close range now.

I test all this in several h and still don't have the game at home to test more.
So that's all for now guy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back