Ivy Videos

GTFO with this shit!

jk

I think the safest way to deal with WP 6B+K is to learn to GI it. In your example it seems that you have to first step WP 6B+K and then jump 2_8. But what if she does only WP 6B+K? There's a lot of risk here. Maybe you could try a standard TJ move instead of jump? Or you could also try with some super TC move (FC 1B maybe?). I know Sophitia for example can go under WP 6B+K with 236236.

I actually tested it a bit more and you can pretty much step left or right (depending on which direction is used after 6B+K) and then just step/8wr the other way and go through it.

And yes, FC1B worked after stepping the 1st hit but I think you can use other moves safely depending on the range.

This isn't really practical though as not only do you have to step it immediately, but you also have to guess whether the Ivy player will do 2 or 8 after WP 6B+K.

GIing like you said is probably the best way to deal with it.

Thanks Ring, yes I gotta use more Wp 6B+K and space more, I am fighting too much in their face/

This might need more testing but, lets say Ivy is on 2p side. And lets say you step to Ivy's Right, when Ivy does Wp 6B+K, and then step again to Ivy's right again in anticipation of 2 after Wp 6B+K.

Ivy's Wp 6B+K 2 will register as Wp 6B+K 8 and she will be BT, giving the opponent a free BT grab. This again if she on 2p side. And what I said would be the opposite for 1p side. It looks glitchy

Eli:

As tempting as it is to use SW stance and stay close against Yoshi (speaking from experience here), CL range is your best bet against him. He has virtually no mixups here; the only options Yoshi has at this range is a no-big-deal B, a punishable lunge (forgot the notation for this; the move where Yoshi dives towards you) and a punishable CR 3K. Granted, 3K is hard to block, but you get 30-60+ damage punish versus his 20-30 if you don't block it.

Edit: Forgot that he has that instant aB slash here. But this is a high; mainly use CL 6B/33A to dodge and attack.

At SW, I find that Yoshi outclasses Ivy in the mixup department. iMCF pretty much beats everything Ivy has and IS safe. Dragonfly shenanigans work best close range too. A+B[A+B] unblockable isn't as effective against him either, given his instastep. Best bet here is push him away to CL and pressure him from the outside-in.

You got the idea of what to do when he knocks you down; take the dragonfly sweep/2k and tech back. If you can afford to take damage, this is the best bet you have. Otherwise, Yoshi has a VERY good ouki game at close range -- one that hits you for 40-60 damage if you guess wrong. If he starts to get wise and waits for you to wake up, use wakeup K/A.

If you ARE in close range against him, bait his attack. I find that Yoshi has the most advantage if Ivy tries to out-attack him with counterhits and other shenanigans, but this is far less effective if you keep a solid defense + poke/pushout game. Unless you're extremely confident that you can beat/punish Yoshi, don't even try. If you don't carelessly attack, he'll have a harder time landing iMCF on you and you can react much better against dragonfly.

Long story short, defend using primarily CL, attack from CL -> SW -> pushout to CL. Yoshi cannot catch CL Ivy; abuse it. If you're extremely good with WP zoning, abuse that too.

My two cents.

PS. Shoutouts to Hajime and Ted for kicking my ass with Yoshi. Lol.

Here's my latest FT5 with Malek. This is the only one we recorded. According to Malek's post on SC.FR the results of our FT5 were:

Ring
ivy_sc4_1.gif
vs Malek
ivy_sc4_1.gif
5-2
Ring
ivy_sc4_1.gif
vs Malek
ivy_sc4_1.gif
5-3
Malek
ivy_sc4_1.gif
vs Ring
ivy_sc4_1.gif
5-4
Ring
ivy_sc4_1.gif
vs Malek
ivy_sc4_1.gif
5-3
Malek
ivy_sc4_1.gif
vs Ring
ivy_sc4_1.gif
5-4
Malek
ivy_sc4_1.gif
vs Ring
ivy_sc4_1.gif
5-4

The last two were super intense. I lost in the last round in both due to time out! haha

He did. I promised Malek to record our FT5 this time (we should have done that one year ago)

What exactly happened at 00:39?

CL 6A+B whiff punish into Throw /mid mixup in SW, SW3A used (blocked), transition into CL, backstep ~ frontstep ~ A throw whiff punish Malek's SW3A conterattack. I forget how much fun you can have with that backstep in SW, lol.
I know its nothing too special but I thought it was a really nice way to keep up the pressure following a failed mixup.
This is why I like watching mirror fights - you see some really interesting techniques when both players have flawless knowledge of the matchup. =/

What a broken char fighting another broken char. lol.

Solid offense and defense from both of you. It becomes more apparent in these matches that Ivy is dangerous in any stance vs any stance situation.

Ring, good to see you punishing everything and breaking iCS on sight.

<will post more... 6 x FT5 is a lot of footage lol>

lol ivy fan boy. you always amuse me with your rhetorical comments. everybody knows that the gr8t "bigbrook" doesn't
use nobody but the slime infested cervy scally wag. so there for my friend you've been exposed for spreading poison.
btw how have you folks been? long time.

Back