[Japan] All Visitors To Japan

Noodalls post is pretty insane.

Avoiding using CEs is like avoiding using throws. It's in the game for a reason. Why handicap yourself?

Ya, they sure take alotta life bar.
If a noob doesn't know how to block or use 'em it's not your fault (may after send him a mail about what he should do).
I don't really play the game much so I guess I shouldn't talk.

That said- I unlocked Algol and only have one stage that isn't unlocked yet. I guess I'll keep w/the quick battles until I open it.
After will prob load up the SCV to update or DL the new stuff and maybe create a chara every once in a while.

Brackets for France (all 3 SCV comps plus everything else) are up:
http://www.worldgamecup.fr/

World Team Cup:
Japan VS UK
Single Elims

Singles:
Pool 5 has Mochi-a VS Kom4
Pool 9 has oosaka VS Zou
Pool 12 has sousuhi VS Kaizoh
There are Loser's Brackets (Double Elims).

3on3 Teams:
So far it looks like Tokyo Game Night has some byes and maybe will be VS Ugoly Team (possibly subject to change).
Single Elims

Also there is a new post on the stream schedule- there is no change to the post I did above.

I admit brave edges are nice and honestly takes way more potential damage than supers but its like MVC2 with if the screen pause and if you are not holding block after the flashy pause you get hit. In 2d frames it was ok (and I say that barley) because standard attacks were so fast that you couldnt defend against attacks by just watching the animation of your opponents moves and counter. In sc frames are much slower than 2 d and I can actually wait for the opponent to throw out an attack and quickly input a super and 90% of the time it lands (and I have been on the recieving end also).
Also the way supers are distrubuted for the loser of the round makes the game more critical and chess like which falls back on defense and back step and my gripes with that system.

I and temporaily not using supers because I need to see what else the game offers as far as strat and options I dont see at the moment.

Spam- Thanks for the link! I will be looking into just guard also and this will be very helpful much thanks!

As a counter point, you can wait for your opponent to throw out a CE and then punish accordingly. Meter management and baiting CEs and BEs are an important part of the game.

Btw, The new Setsuka's CE is trash, imo. It's really just a long range punish. You're better using BEs. Do you get anything free from GIs, btw?

And thats exactly my point. The opponent knows that you will try and bait aka wait and that will put them in a good position to move more freely (backstep strats, offensive strats etc). My question is how would you bait them? All you can really do is run up and block which is something you wouldnt want to do against a good asta player.

Patsukas super is ice because what I stated in my last post. It can be used in combos but its main purpose (and strength) is for countering. If have caught people when I saw their first frames of aas bbs almost anything. I have blocked many opposing charaters moves and did the super and and landed it before they could recvover even on some moves that they should at least be able to block. To me thats pretty scary, test it out.

As far as BE you really dont have to bait them or its not much of a problem because most of them are at the END of a link and or no priority to begin with. The answer to stopping brave edge is basicly stopping the inital move which is no problem if you are a SC vet.

Reno- Its cool man I agree dont piss off the misses before Valinetines. Just let us know when you plan to get on take care.

Pools were changed cause of a prob:

In the World Team Cup:
Japan VS UK (not changed)

In the SCV singles:
Pool 9 oosaka VS LaosJin (FR)
Pool 12 sousuhi VS KusanagiNoTsurugi (FR)
Pool 15 Mochi-a VS eLiveproJPKOF (FR)

In the 3on3 Team:
Tokyo Game Night gets some byes and then will play the winner of
Team Hamburg (DE) VS Ugoly Team (IT)

Guess there was an SCV online comp last night that I didn't know about.
Vids and info:
http://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=2362
Brackets:
http://vs.netgamers.jp/extra/log/5/menutop.html

Just saw that patsuka's super is 8 frames. You can get it after hit confirming a 2a as well. Definitely a nice option to have with the game on the line.

Spam- Yeah its a nice move to have and 8 frames sounds about right. You on Patsuka now? Sweet! Tear it up over there for me! Take care

2 music packs (SCII and SCIII music) and a CAS parts set out 2/14.
DLd em.

More due 2/28.

Setsuna - I still like Mitsu as a main, but it helps to get familiar with the other characters and also keep things fresh.

Team TGN lost to Team Hamburg.
A girl on that team was very strong.
Kayane's team won and Team Hamburg was 2nd.

Tonight from 1AM are the singles top 8.

I finally reached level 25- all charas and stages are unlocked in SCV (all chara parts aren't unlocked though).
My 360 is ready for when we get together- I will buy any add-ons Namco puts out (so if anybody wants to create a chara)
Now pretty much done playin, will be on DOA4.
mich may get on (and it she does I'll mash some Miss T Natsu).

In Famitsu Weekly SCV for PS3 sold the most out of all gamez last month- 47,149 (it looks like they say SCIV sold 70,000 when it was released).

Japan Team lost?! Couldnt watch I had to sleep early for work but I wont miss singles or 5 on 5. Good luck Japan!

Spam- Thats cool good to hear you are sticking it out with Mitsu take care.

Talim- You guys playing DOA online or you are waiting to whip it out at the next meet up...Im down.

They only showed the top 4 on the stream so didn't get to see Japan play.

Tonight is only the top 8 so if none of the playas don't make it that far we won't see 'em either.
WGC they will show it all so should get to see 'em no matter what.

Now startin on DOA, it's been a long time and have a lot to learn. Need to get my moves down. No online yet but will when I get some stuff down. Probably not many people online though.
mich may get up on SCV she doesn't play DOA. Ya I'll prac up for ya- what charas should I be ready for?

When they get back let's see about gettin together for some weekend gamez (wanna hear the France stories they will no doubt have).

Back