JGing Tech Catches

I wanna see if anyone can JG Pyrrha's 66B BE after getting knockdown by her 22A. PLEASE tell me that's possible.

I wanna see if anyone can JG Pyrrha's 66B BE after getting knockdown by her 22A. PLEASE tell me that's possible.
I'll try it.

Edit: Yes. You can.

Can't JG the 66B BE after 66B on hit though unless she delays to try for a tech trap.

Also, it's possible to interrupt the second hit of 66B BE when the first is JGed by any move i22 or faster. You can also step the 2nd hit very easily when the first is JGed.

1: Tech traps can be escaped without JG on wakeup.
2: Throw moar.
3: Less crying. Is this Leixia/Natsu/Tira scrub patch whining, or _______ is overpowered scrub whining?
4: There is no 4.
5: 8WR, I am disappoint.

I love this mechanic. Nice find!

This will force people to mash less and play with precision more if they truly want to master it. I believe the only way to consistently do this in battle is to train yourself to not mash direction + G to tech, which most people do. Mashing to tech is unnecessary and rather than that you need to just press direction + G just once, when necessary, and then JG. If you mash to tech out of situations it's much more difficult to JG during the tech.

whats funny is that i have seen legendary soul´s kilik do this many times, but i thought it was some kind of weird glitch.

So I've been practicing this and I've realized that it feels like an upgraded version of a Just Ukemi from SC4. It requires more skill where as with the Just Ukemi they happened often simply from people getting lucky with the input.

So what's the official name we're using for this technique? I think the most logical name would be Ukemi Just Guard. But I kinda like Just Ukemi Guard sounds better just because of the acronym "JUG". Kind of like how a Just Ukemi was called "JUKE". lol

I love this mechanic. Nice find!

This will force people to mash less and play with precision more if they truly want to master it. I believe the only way to consistently do this in battle is to train yourself to not mash direction + G to tech, which most people do. Mashing to tech is unnecessary and rather than that you need to just press direction + G just once, when necessary, and then JG. If you mash to tech out of situations it's much more difficult to JG during the tech.
Hate to disappoint you but you CAN mash the tech. If you had to press and hold G for the tech, then that would be REALLY hard. I was having trouble finding the exact window to tech with that method and it was indeed starting to feel like JUKE timing.

But nope, you can mash the tech and then stop mashing and time the JG. Just watch their character do the expected animation at the expected timing while you mash the tech, no need to pay attention to how/where you tech, and JG it like you're doing it from neutral.

havent tried again since my fails yesterday, but for those of you who are getting this, is there a specific direction that works better like forward or backward?

also if anyone could try and do mitsu B6 CH or 33K CH into 1A, thats the one i had trouble with.

What? Go in training right now. Have Nightmare hit you with CH 6K and do tech trap 1A. Try to escape the 1A without JGing it.

The ones that only trap specific wakeup tactics are still essentially unaffected.

The whining is still stupid in any case. It went from "boohoohoo, the damage in SCV is too high" to "boohoohoo, there are ways to avoid damage."

The ones that only trap specific wakeup tactics are still essentially unaffected.
Can you elaborate what you mean by this?
The whining is still stupid in any case. It went from "boohoohoo, the damage in SCV is too high" to "boohoohoo, there are ways to avoid damage."
It's not whining, it's a legitimate complaint. Risk-free ukemi is just stupid, much less free-reward ukemi. It's bad for the same reasons step G was bad: you get rewarded for no commitment. It also takes away tech trap/dead trap 50/50s, which is a big part of okizeme.

havent tried again since my fails yesterday, but for those of you who are getting this, is there a specific direction that works better like forward or backward?

also if anyone could try and do mitsu B6 CH or 33K CH into 1A, thats the one i had trouble with.
The video looks like a forward tech. I tried a few runs, but it's like flailing in the dark.

Risk-free ukemi is just stupid, much less free-reward ukemi.
Payoff is balanced by execution.

That is Project Soul's philosophy, aPatroklos standing as the "shining" example.

Anyway, I cannot even JG Viola CE > unblockable, so I guess I shouldn't speak on it anymore (since I'm definitely not going to be practicing this...)

the first statement was him saying that tech traps that were already escapable to a specific direction arent affected by this. which is stupid because none of us were talking about that. we were basically concerned with inescapable ones like the previously mentioned NM 6K->1A or mitsus various 1A tech catches.

i agree with slade, tech traps that cover every direction are stupid but so is non committal tech JGing. i will learn this and use it until its banned because thats just the nature of the beast, but that doesnt mean i have to like it.

Hate to disappoint you but you CAN mash the tech. If you had to press and hold G for the tech, then that would be REALLY hard. I was having trouble finding the exact window to tech with that method and it was indeed starting to feel like JUKE timing.

But nope, you can mash the tech and then stop mashing and time the JG. Just watch their character do the expected animation at the expected timing while you mash the tech, no need to pay attention to how/where you tech, and JG it like you're doing it from neutral.
I never said that you can't mash to Ukemi. I said that the majority of people mash to Ukemi, and I find that not mashing to Ukemi (while harder), makes it easier to get the timing down to do the Ukemi Just Guard. You don't press and hold G to tech, you just tap G with the direction you want to tech as a precise single input, followed by the JG.

How come people didn't make such a big deal about Just Ukemi's in SC4? This is basically that but with a less random chance of happening since it's more skill dependant.

Payoff is balanced by execution.
It's not particularly difficult, people just aren't used to it (remember when nobody could OS JG?). Since all tech traps hit during the same 6 frame window in a ukemi and the JG window covers this entire period, it's just a matter of tapping G the instant your ukemi starts at the end of your ukemi, which can be achieved quite easily with muscle memory.

How come people didn't make such a big deal about Just Ukemi's in SC4? This is basically that but with a less random chance of happening since it's more skill dependant.
Just Ukemis allowed people to escape otherwise guaranteed ground hits in some situations, but unlike Ukemi JG, it didn't give a free punish. Stuff like Mitsu/Nightmare/ZWEI/Aeon/Natsu/etc 1A tech traps are now hilariously unsafe.

Waaait, wait... Are you guys telling me you can now JG during a freaking tech trap? That's bullsh**. "Through the moon I see sh** is about to go down. For real..."

Back