JGing Tech Catches

Signia

[13] Hero
So, an interesting development was brought up not too long ago in the SoCal thread by Tomahawk aka King Salmon, who has been playing Japanese players for the last week...

Apparently, tech catches can be just guarded. Even if you mash the tech, you can still JG out of the vulnerable frames of a tech. Don't believe me? Can't do it? Well obviously YOU can't, you suck.

Ok, it's really hard. But the japanese players are doing it all the time. Master it and you no longer have to fear teching! Confirmed using Mitsu's CH b6 into 1A tech trap.

Thanks for the info,but I feel a bit lost still,I think. Can you expound a little more,or is there footage?

lol wut.jpg
Somebody call noodalls X_X

I'd like to see a video, too...

I have only seen JG preventing Low tech traps. Can anyone show any evidence / examples, or have actually themselves performed, a JG against a Mid tech trap? (Special Mid does not count)

Judging by his failure rate, it seems like a good way to get hit most of the time.

If you fought a hypothetical master of the technique, you could still run up on him and mixup when he teched. Can't JG that...

not gonna lie, i'm gonna go practice the shit out of this for all the places mitsu gets guaranteed 1A off knockdown.

oh noes....if I fight someone using this on me looks like after 3B into parting thrust am gonna have to start running up and do throw mixups :D or dragon fly stance.....

oh noes....if I fight someone using this on me looks like after 3B into parting thrust am gonna have to start running up and do throw mixups :D or dragon fly stance.....

Nobody you vs will be doing this :P

Its hard to tech and let go of block in time to have enough frames to activate a JG. I doubt the Japanese are doing it "all the time"

Depending on the tech trap its probably worth more risk than reward.

I have only seen JG preventing Low tech traps. Can anyone show any evidence / examples, or have actually themselves performed, a JG against a Mid tech trap? (Special Mid does not count)
I've been able to do it against Pyrrha's 66B 22B+K tech trap.

Nobody you vs will be doing this :P

Its hard to tech and let go of block in time to have enough frames to activate a JG. I doubt the Japanese are doing it "all the time"

Depending on the tech trap its probably worth more risk than reward.
You can mash the tech. Just watch their animation and JG it like normal.

If someone comes along that can JG both deathcopter and 6, iFC3K tech traps without having to guess, then I may have to quit Yoshi :(

i tried it VS mitsu 1A tech trap off of CH B6 and CH 33K and couldnt get it once.

Back