Just Attacks

Really? I think I've plinked it several times before, I've never played SF4 and I'm new to plinking. I guess what I mean is yea just kinda pressing A then holding it with B. I can get it with my nail sometimes but it is inacurrate and a bit inconsistent. I've also heard of pressing the edges. Also, for the too fast theory, I thought a JF Twister was frame 1: a frame 2: b?

JF twister is frame 1 A, frame 2 release A, press B

Can someone point me to where it was tested that JF twister is single frame?? I have a hard time believing it.

Any method, like A A+B works. Confirmed in training mode. My method for Twister is to "slowly" slide my fingers from A to B and let the game decide if it's a damn JF or not.

Any method, like A A+B works. Confirmed in training mode. My method for Twister is to "slowly" slide my fingers from A to B and let the game decide if it's a damn JF or not.

I can't get A, A+B to work for JF twister. I'm pretty sure it's impossible.

I hope I could post this here. But for those of you who have SC4, try Setsuka's 214aB jf, if you can get that 5 times in a row. Then Apat's twister should be easy as hell, I think. I've used Setsuka in SC4, so I know alot about the timing. Just practice, and it'll come to you...

I can't get A, A+B to work for JF twister. I'm pretty sure it's impossible.

Really? Some time ago, I was trying out new ways to do twister, and I tried FC 3 A A+B and I accidentally got a JF. That, and when doing normal 2143 a:B, I got a JF and the input said I held A while sliding to B.

I swear a dab of lube helps. But sliding with or without lube tends to be more consistent for me. Either flick your thumb across (which to me seems slower) or flick at the wrist (seems faster).
I just realized how bad all that sounds out of context...

Hi Guys,
i am new to SCV, but have plently of training in SF (Ryu).
Currently on my 3rd Day of Pratoklos Training.

Things i found out for
:1::A:::A:::A: - you need to push the A Button just as he would put his weight on his front leg.
If you train this timing the 3rd one comes out naturally - and i guess its the same framedelay between the 1st and 2nd as for the 2nd and 3rd hit.
:1::B:::B: - same as above - but its quite hard to see for the combo (:1::B:::B:~:1::B:::B:)

jft is a joke - gladly i can't feel my finger due to nerve got cut on my index finger :)
:B:::G:::A: - i slide from a to b with index and push g nearly simultanious with my middle finger.
stick setup
MadCatz TE - Hitbox Layout
(:A:) (:B:) (:A+B+K:) (:A:)
(:G:) (:K:) (:B+G:) (:B:)

lol I thought this thread died, IM god of BLOODY JUSTs.
lol using a Stick is cheating xD pad all the way.
Sorry man, but 1:B:B and 1A:A:A have different timings. 1B:B is faster

MadCatz TE - Hitbox Layout
(:A:) (:B:) (:A+B+K:) (:A:)
(:G:) (:K:) (:B+G:) (:B:)
This layout doesn't make sense to me, especially the B+G and A+B+K buttons. You're using a non-conventional button layout though, so I'm guessing you never played SC in arcades. Layout would normally go:

A B K X
G X X X

Where X = unassigned. Thumb on guard, fingers on attacks. Using the standard layout should make hitting B+G easier (I assume this is why you assign a separate button). Also, you don't actually have to hit A+B+K to BE moves, which is why I assume you have an A+B+K button. Example is that you can hit 2[A]~B+K to do 2A BE. The square brackets denote holding the button. I just feel your layout is a little weird, having always played SC on default arcade controls. It looks like you mapped your layout after Marvel.

The layout I use is actually:

A B K B
G A G B

The additional A G and B on the bottom row are so I can do ag:B with a quick finger/thumb slide, which is quite reliable for that JF. The additional B on the top row is to do with 1B:B input tricks.

A B G A
G K B A+B+K this my layout on stick. Both slide inputs for JFT and A:G:B are top row. Extra B on bottom for 1b:b even though I don't use it lol. This makes both slides very easy.

Well, I never use the B+G button, the a+b+k button, is for easier BE. A+B on right edge for JFT input, i play with mainly index on guard and push other buttons with middle/ring. (Assume my orthodox setup comes from my nerve issue with my index finger)

[1A;A;A]- The JF input window is 2 frames. 1st JF input from 21~22 frames the 2nd JF input is on 44~45 frames. (20 frames of delay for both JF's).

60frames equals 1 second.
20 = 3 bps [beats per second]
3x60 = 180 bpm

My just frames are improving while listening to this [the 1AAA ones anyway].
After listening to it long enough and turning it off I still do them well.

I've been practicing a load lately and I'm slowly getting it, but I had to get a new controller (old one broke) and it feels horribly different. I've had a hard time just doing Twilight/Dawn Haze. Ugh.

Anyway, I just got 1AAA down, but I still can't get 1BB. I just can't get a feel for it. And my hands get too cold during this season to get my JFTs. Any help here?

The timing for 1B:B is 1 frame long, so it is really difficult to get consistently. Don't worry too much about it. It isn't as necessary as twister, 1AAA and 214 3B:B. As for twister, you really just have find a good setup for yourself and practice A TON. Practice until you're hands blister and bleed. Okay, maybe not that extreme, but you do have to spend a lot of time into his just attacks. There is a reason why he is one of the hardest characters in the game to play, but the reward for that time and effort may be very worth it. 100+ meterless combos? Yes plz

Personally, I would try to stick to using 1B:B as either a whiff punish (i.e. step -> 1B:B), or as a tech trap after 2A BE combo enders (catches tech in all direction with proper timing). Both of these situations are "safe", in that even if you drop the JF, you still can't be punished for it.

1B:B is an amazing move, but as far as Alpha JFs go, it's much less important than:

JFT (most important)
2143B:B (very important combo tool)
1A: A: A (best low for 50/50 scenarios)

Back