Just Attacks

thanks, it's definitely just my execution being sloppy in that case. should i be doing the entire motion as fast as i can or 214 at a regular speed and 4 to 3 my fastest? from what i've read here/in the guide, this is mostly a punishing/combo move so usually i'll be buffering it, meaning i SHOULD be doing 214 at a regular speed since thats what's being buffered.

To be honest, the speed doesn't really matter I find, just so long as you get the JF version consistently. =/
alright, its certainly easier slowly... just getting the occasional WRb now, all on my part im sure

thank you for the warm welcoming!

alright, its certainly easier slowly... just getting the occasional WRb now, all on my part im sure

thank you for the warm welcoming!

It really sounds like you are messing up the 3 in your 2143 input. Try to KEEP the stick on three and then input aB slide as fast as possible. Then make sure aB comes after the three and you should be fine :)

It really sounds like you are messing up the 3 in your 2143 input. Try to KEEP the stick on three and then input aB slide as fast as possible. Then make sure aB comes after the three and you should be fine :)
DUDE you were totally right. made a conscious effort to stay on 3 and im getting it 100%, you guys are the best ~_~

The pain in the neck for me with JF Twisters now isn't the motion or not going fast enough, it's when I seemingly go too fast. I get times when instead of 2143aB it just registers 2143A (this is what usually happens when I screw it up) or rarely just 2143B. And if I press too hard I don't go fast enough. XD

Oh well, at least I can do them now.

So I'm starting to get 1B:B and 2143B:B even more consistently now, yet 1:A::A::A: is still a bitch for me.

The "feel" for JFs in 1:B::B: and 2143:B::B: is surprisingly faster than I thought, and they're even have more or less, the same input timing for the second B (at least for me), yet 1:A::A::A: still feels foreign to me.

For those of you who can get 1:A::A::A:, from experience, is the gap in between the As the same as the gaps between 1:B::B: and 2143:B::B:? And sometimes I would get the first JF, and not the second.

No - its a slightly longer gap in between each one.
The best way to do this imo is to pick up an old copy of SCIV - setsuka will shout "one, two, three" with this move, and the audio cue helped me first learn it, lol.

Welp. My bad, I completely forgot about that, and it was one of the first things I've read too! But to be fair, think things like that should be edited onto the first post rather than having to dig through pages to find it. Sure it's only on the second page, and there's only six total so far in this thread, but still lol.

Welp. My bad, I completely forgot about that, and it was one of the first things I've read too! But to be fair, think things like that should be edited onto the first post rather than having to dig through pages to find it. Sure it's only on the second page, and there's only six total so far in this thread, but still lol.
http://8wayrun.com/threads/alpha-pats-general-strategy.10215/

First post towards the bottom. Manoftheleaf is awesome!

Too be quite frank information on forums are generally a mess because it is an ongoing log of character and game development and techniques. Usually the useful information gets verified by the community and is then posted on to a wiki for streamlined information. Trust me I know its difficult to sift through 100+ pages on forums, but this thread is relatively short so it shouldn't be that hard to find what your looking for.

The timing for 1AAA is deceiving because of how slow it is compared too all his other just frames and the window is relatively tight at 2 frames a piece. Just don't get overly anxious on that last hit and you should be fine. Most of the time if it doesn't come out then you're pressing it too fast because the animation LOOKS like its sped up but it is not. So try slowing down just a tad and I bet you'll get it.

Alright, got all the JF attacks sounds uploaded and all into 1 set (was missing AGB until yesterday). If I can get the equipment, I'll do a recording of how I do them all (especially twister and AGB).

Alright, got all the JF attacks sounds uploaded and all into 1 set (was missing AGB until yesterday). If I can get the equipment, I'll do a recording of how I do them all (especially twister and AGB).
Are the sounds/rhythms the same on a controller? Like can i use those sounds for a controller?

It shouldn't make any differance, though I strongly advise you not to use a regular Xbox 360 pad if you want to be an Alpha player... Trust me, I was primarily a pad player in SCIV and I had to switch to stick for Sets, because you couldn't trust consistency to umbrella on a 360 pad.

It shouldn't make any differance, though I strongly advise you not to use a regular Xbox 360 pad if you want to be an Alpha player... Trust me, I was primarily a pad player in SCIV and I had to switch to stick for Sets, because you couldn't trust consistency to umbrella on a 360 pad.
uhm...pad= controller? and stick is that arcade-style thing? it's xbox, not an arcade game. i personally wouldn't wanna switch to stick. i'm sure i can get good with aPat using a controller

uhm...pad= controller? and stick is that arcade-style thing? it's xbox, not an arcade game. i personally wouldn't wanna switch to stick. i'm sure i can get good with aPat using a controller
X-Box pads (controllers) are pieces of shit when it come to fighting games. It just isn't made for them, playing with 360 pad is just gimping yourself. The d-pad and analog sticks are no good (unless you play racing games), the buttons themselves aren't any good either. Play on a fighting pad or get used to a stick and you'll understand how huge the difference can be.

X-Box pads (controllers) are pieces of shit when it come to fighting games. It just isn't made for them, playing with 360 pad is just gimping yourself. The d-pad and analog sticks are no good (unless you play racing games), the buttons themselves aren't any good either. Play on a fighting pad or get used to a stick and you'll understand how huge the difference can be.
i find that hard to believe. like why do most people use controllers then? the things shown in the SCV Collectors Edition unboxing, are those sticks? and what are fighting pads? its all foreign to me...

Back