Just Attacks

Well I found something very extrange with Sakura Twister JF version....

I'm starting to learn Alpha Pat, and i was training some sakura twister combos, all of us know that sakura twister JF version need a strict input, where you need to slide from A to B in just 1 frame and release A before hitting B, right?.....in practice mode will look something like this, if you do it right....
:A::B:
:2::1::4::3::(3)::(3):
but when you do it wrong, i mean, not release A button before hitting B, will look something like this in practice mode.....​
:B:
:A::(A):
:2::1::4::3::(3)::3:
in this case, you only get a regular Sakura Twister.....but look this video.....​
Description of the video above:​
1.- Combo 2143 A+B > 2143 B:B > 2143 A:B (correct input for sakura twister JF)​
2.- Combo 2143 A+B > 2143 B:B > 2143 A~B (wrong input for sakura twister JF, but still getting the JF version)​
My question now is.....If you make a combo with a successful JF(in this case 2143 B:B) before do Sakura Twister, the game is "rewarding" you, with a less strict sakura twister JF???​
Discuss XD, and sorry for my bad english​

Things i found out for
:1::A:::A:::A: - you need to push the A Button just as he would put his weight on his front leg.
If you train this timing the 3rd one comes out naturally - and i guess its the same framedelay between the 1st and 2nd as for the 2nd and 3rd hit.
)
THE best advice i've seen for this JF!

From hardest to easiest:

1. ag:B - requires me to change the way I hold my pad to execute it and is generally quite a pain.

2. JFT - Can't seem to get the slide down to get this to come out reliably (and, depending on the day, I'm better on one side than the other).

3. 1B:B - 4-5 months ago this would have definitely been at the top (dropped Alpha for a while because I couldn't get this). Now I'm getting it >70% of the time I throw it out (a lot).

4. 1A:A:A - my favourite move in the game and quite an easy one for me.

5. FCC 3B:B + BE and BT B+K:B - Hardly ever miss these.

Hardest to easiest:

1. JFT- The only move I can't get consistently. It's not that it's hard. I can get it about half the time. I just do it really weird. But I am in the process of correcting myself and I should soon be able to do it more.

2.1B:B- The only reason this move is hard is because of the 1 frame execution window. I'm not complaining because if it was any more than that it would probably be way to good. But it still is a little annoying to get in lag.

3. ag:B- The way I do this move makes it relatively easy to do. I can execute it the same way as Nightmare and Seigfreid's ag:A, and since I also play both of those characters, I've had a lot of practice. I rarely drop this move, and it is my preferred option in wall combos.

4. 1A: A : A- Only slightly difficult because of the double Just Frame. I'll be honest though, this one took me the longest to learn. But once you have it down, it is one of the easiest JFs in the game.

5. FC 3B:B- The five frame window on this JF makes it hard to miss. And 2K mixed-up with this after a landed 2A is ridiculous. Not to mention in has decent guard break (by Alpha's terms). Just watch out for JG.

6. BT B+K:B- Unfortunately, the easiest one to do is also the worst. JG makes this move actually hurt you in most situations. The only time I've really found it useful is against people who don't know there is a second hit because of a lack of matchup knowledge, or against people who don't JG. But it is useful it they do just block it for the free CE.

I don't find :1::B:::B: as hard as :1::A:::A:::A: and I'm notoriously bad at this kind of input (It took me literally 10 years before I could intentionally perform a Manji Carve Fist).

For those having trouble on the timing, my advice is to think of the timing differently. Most Just Frames you press the button just as the attack hits. With :1::B:::B:, press :B: immediately after the attack hits.

Hope this helps.

I've decided to edit my previous claim. Now that I have a new controller JFT is super easy. I get it like 80% of the time even in bad games. a:G:B and 1B:B are now the hardest.

what's up with everyone having so much trouble with ag:B

copy/pasted from my post in AndyrooxDS's forum

-if you play on pad, a good set up for ag:B is X(a) A(g) LT(a+b). just run your thumb down XA [you can hold A] and press LT

and for ps3 people, thats Square(a), Cross(g), L2(a+b).
Slide Square~Cross(hold Cross)~L2
I can get ag:B~ag:B with NO problem this way.

copy/pasted from my post in AndyrooxDS's forum

-if you play on pad, a good set up for ag:B is X(a) A(g) LT(a+b). just run your thumb down XA [you can hold A] and press LT

and for ps3 people, thats Square(a), Cross(g), L2(a+b).
Slide Square~Cross(hold Cross)~L2
I can get ag:B~ag:B with NO problem this way.

i have it is as X(a) A(g) LT(B+G) same as i do it with Seig and NM X(a) A(g) LB (A+G)

iagB is easy. iagB → iagB combo is considerably tougher due to the recovery of the previous iagB making your window for the 2nd iagB's input much smaller. Inputted too soon, and the buffer window eats the input and spits out an A or a A+G or some other garbage output. Inputted too late and you miss the combo.

Taking that into consideration, my list (easiest to hardest) would probably be like this for when the moves are just done from neutral, no buffer windows to get in the way of muscle memory:
BT B+K:B
2143B:B
iagB
JFT
1A:A:A (This one's honestly not that hard, but training 1B:B gets my brain confused between the different timings of the two sometimes and makes me botch the 2nd input)
1B:B

But for post-recovery situations where you have to avoid buffering to prevent it from messing up your muscle memory, it's more like this:
Stuff → 8A+BB → JFT
BT B+K:B (Can't be comboed into, but if you feel like being dumb and trying it out of 8A+BA's recovery, it's still super easy)
CH 2363B → 2143B:B
2361B → 1A:A:A
1B:B → 1B:B
iagB → iagB

1B:Bx2 combo is probably harder from an objective view than iagBx2 combo, but I have way more practice with 1B:Bs than iagB combos seeing how hard it is to land iagB without going ball to the wall and throwing it out randomly, which I don't do unless I'm trolling.

I've started to hit my stride with this character's execution even though I don't main him. None of his JFs or combos are problematically difficult for me but my consistency won't reach that of a good αPat main unless I drop my other characters, so yeah.

1B:B x 2 IS the hardest jf series for Alpha. I can get the first, but the second just NEVER comes.

And idk, with the method i listed earlier, i can get ag:B x 2 pretty easily... Now, if i could just find a good way to use it that doesnt get me punished after sidestep.

1B:B x 2 IS the hardest jf series for Alpha. I can get the first, but the second just NEVER comes.

And idk, with the method i listed earlier, i can get ag:B x 2 pretty easily... Now, if i could just find a good way to use it that doesnt get me punished after sidestep.
1B:B x2 is pointlessly hard. Not really a reason to learn it. It's hard enough to pull off one of them, since it's a 1 frame JF. Trying to do two is just an unnecessary risk. It doesn't even increase your combo damage that much if you do land it.

1B:B
instant just frame sakura twister
1A;A:A - really is simple once you get the rhythm
A: G: B - I've set my arcade stick up in a way where I get this move 90% of the time.
BT B+K:B
2143B:B

Back