Kai's Kreation Korner

Psykai

[12] Conqueror
Decided to make a thread where I post random creations in SCVI. Won't be much for a while until they give us moar CaS parts. I don't have many OCs except the ones I'll be sharing below but I have a couple of ideas for more. Many of my creations will probably end up being recreating old characters or 2P/3P costumes for the main cast.

I'm not very good at CaS but hopefully I'll improve over time.

That said, here's my first OC which I submitted to one of the contests on here:
Kai01-02.jpg

Kai01-01.jpg

His name is Kai. He was raised to be loving and compassionate by his mother in the wilderness, but her untimely death to illness found him cast out, wandering aimlessly and vulnerable in his grief. He was discovered by an aging man who offered to take him in and teach him to defend himself so that he would be better able to take care of himself. In return, Kai agreed to do menial chores for the man, who he was surprised to discover was a very powerful warrior despite his age. Kai's training proved difficult, as he had never picked up a weapon before and was not comfortable with a blade that could so easily take a life. Eventually, he picked up a staff and felt at home with it, his movements graceful, and his conscience more able to cope with bearing it as a weapon. From there on, he excelled in his training.
One night, the old man, who he knew only as 'Sensei' had a new kind of 'job' for him. He had received word that the villagers at the base of the mountain they trained on were engaging in some kind of cult activity that involved the sacrifice of children. Sensei ordered Kai to head to the village and kill everyone in sight to rid the area of their abominable act. Though horrified by the thought of what the villagers were doing, the thought of killing anyone made him uneasy, yet he could not knowingly allow innocents to suffer either, and so he proceeded to the village.
The first murder shook him to his core. So sickened by what he had done, his mind detached, his consciousness slipping away somewhere he wouldn't have to watch the massacre he was about to commit. One thing that managed to penetrate the wall in his mind, was this: not one of the people he killed looked capable of what they had been accused of.
Sensei congratulated Kai on a job well done. It seemed clear he had doubted Kai's ability to go through with it. He then stated that he planned to claim the village as his own to establish a point of power from which he would spread out, gathering powerful warriors together so that they could create an army, and he wanted Kai to lead a regiment of it. There was a look in Sensei's eye, a look that told Kai his intentions were impure.
"Those people... were innocent, weren't they?"
He didn't need an answer. The slow smile that spread across the man's face told him all he needed to know. He had been used. In a blind, emotional rage, Kai attacked the man he had once looked up to with honor and a fierce battle ensued, resulting in the death of Sensei, or so he thought...
Kai wandered aimlessly once more, horrified at what he had done. He vowed that from that point on, he would use his abilities only to protect the weak and suffering, as his mother would have wanted. Knowing he had prevented whatever evil acts Sensei had intended didn't make him feel any more at ease with himself, and one day, he knew he would have to pay for his sin...

That's it. Pretty lame and I improvised some bits on the fly 'cause I'd never really figured the full story in my head. Sensei lives, of course, and ends up seeking Soul Edge instead of an army. Kai gets wind of it, goes to stop him, and that's the final battle of Kai's Soul Chronicle I guess, lol
He's basically 'me in Soulcalbur world' in terms of how I'd want to look, what weapon I'd use, being a good guy etc. I always gave him a feminine appearance and he's worn the same costume since SCIII, with usually a different 2P outfit in each game. My issue with him has always been he looks like a CAS :( the kind of clothing I like on him is really plain looking and just makes him look like a boring character. I'd love to somehow find a way to retain the concept for his design but make him look more like a real character.

EDIT: Here's him in Libra of Soul (I design a kind of 2P for him at the end of the first video):

And then there's Shakara...
Shakara01-02.jpg

Shakara01-01.jpg

She started out as an 'evil shamaness' concept in SCV but due to the voice I gave her, she became a character me and my friend couldn't stop laughing at and is almost an in-joke now. All because her taunt sounded like "THATS AAaaAAall!?"

I couldn't resist recreating her in SCVI and this time I decided to go the extra mile and devise an actual backstory for her:
Shakara was one of the last surviving members of an ancient shamanistic tribe, and possessed great spiritual power. She lived with her lover and young daughter in the remnants of their tribe's village. When her daughter suddenly passed away from an unknown illness, Shakara slowly began to lose her mind and became obsessed with trying to bring her daughter back from the dead by performing all manner of dark, forbidden rituals, tainting her own soul in the process. Her lover was disgusted by her actions and no longer recognized the gentle woman he had fallen in love with, claiming that she was besmirching their daughter's memory. In a fit of rage, Shakara lost control and murdered her lover in cold blood, yet she felt nothing for her actions, as she understood now just how worthless the physical body truly was.

When the Evil Seed occurred, Shakara's soul had been so far corrupted by the dark rituals she had performed, that her body acted as a magnet to the evil energy of Soul Edge, causing her to become malfested and stripping her of what little humanity she had left whilst also enhancing her spiritual power even more. One night, whilst in a meditative trance, Shakara had a vision of Soul Edge, a blade with the power to steal the souls of those it slaughters. With such power, Shakara believed that she could bring her daughter back from the dead by feeding souls to the weapon in exchange for the one soul she desired in return...
Fun Fact: Part of her bone armor is made up of her daughter and husband's bones! For some reason I didn't write that into her story.

Hope someone likes them at least, lol. Not sure when I'll be making more. I want to add my best friend to the game and I have a vague idea for what he will be and look like so might get that uploaded in the next day or so.

Last edited:
Can I double post in my own thread? Guess I'll find out... mods don't kill me pls

I updated Kai based on a suggestion from @SpellcraftQuill to add a motif. I'm not very good with such things but I came up with a couple of ideas and added a subtle floral print to the side of the Chang Bao and one of my favourite motifs to the legs to make the pants less plain and I love the result:
Kai01-Edit01.jpg

He thinks he's so cool now.

Speaking of Kai, it's time to meet the dastardly, bastardly, Sensei:
Sensei01-01.jpg

Sensei01-02.jpg

He should have more pronounced wrinkles but Namco said "LETTHEREBEPRETTY!" and the wrinkles shriveled away. In most games, his 1P has the older look and whiter hair and his 2P is his 'young' look. For this game I went for an inbetween look for him. He's always had some variation of black and gold armor. I'm not a fan of his lower half but nothing else suited his old style. NEED MOAR PIECES.

And finally, my friend enters the game. Meet Jarron, the Holy Warrior:
Jarron01-01.jpg

Jarron01-02.jpg

He was supposed to be more samurai-like in appearance with some clericy touches but in the end he came out like a Paladin, lol. He liked it though.

I wanted to put a diamond on his shoulder cloth or on the back of his cape but trying to get anything to work on that cloth is a fruitless affair, and as far as I can tell you can no longer position stickers onto the back of capes anymore which is nuts, or maybe I am for not figuring it out...

Gonna try my hand at some old SC characters and 2Ps next but probably will be a little while before I have anything to post for it. Hope you liked this new stuff :)

It has begun...

The days where I spend over 6 hours in character creation and only a couple hours in any other mode...

First up, my first joke character: BoJack Horseman. My friend is a fan and remembering the horse head in CaS, I knew I had to :
BoJack01-01.jpg

And here's my first 2P. Zasalamel's 1P from SCIII:
ZasalamelSCIII1P-2.jpg

ZasalamelSCIII1P.jpg

(Yay! Clipping!)

ZasalamelSCIII1P-Battle.jpg

Gave him an alternate weapon just for variety.

Gonna try to make more 2Ps tonight :)

Zas is TOO damn good-looking, for a second i thought he was ported straight out of SCIII!
Same goes to Sensei and Jarron, awesome creations with great color schemes!

Congrats on finding a use for that one upper body equipment. That’s a great remake using what was available.

It’s hard coming up with a unique design for him since they’ve been pretty same-y for the most part.

Zas is TOO damn good-looking, for a second i thought he was ported straight out of SCIII!
Same goes to Sensei and Jarron, awesome creations with great color schemes!
Congrats on finding a use for that one upper body equipment. That’s a great remake using what was available.

It’s hard coming up with a unique design for him since they’ve been pretty same-y for the most part.
Thanks a lot guys ^_^ I'm honestly surprised anyone likes them 'cause compared to some of the guys around here my work looks awful to me, lol.

Made a couple more 2P's this afternoon (I can't stop T_T send halp).

Kilik's SCII 1P:
KilikSCII1P 01.jpg

KilikSCII1P 02.jpg

KilikSCII1P 03.jpg

WHY DO YOU LOOK SO PISSED, KILIK? WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU, KILIK?!
KilikSCII1P 04.jpg

It was on this screen that Irealized I need to make the upper stickers white ^_^'
KilikSCII1P 05.jpg

When I returned to the game after uploading this screenshot, Kilik was flat on his back with half his health missing XD.

And of course people have been talking about short-hair Sieg since his reveal so here it is, based on his Soul Blade appearance:
SiegfriedSB1P 01.jpg

I did try Groh's hair first but it looked too full and more akin to his SCIII 2P (I think). His original design had a kind of sweep to the side so this hairstyle felt more appropriate.
SiegfriedSB1P 02.jpg

And a battle shot:
SiegfriedSB1P 03.jpg

(Yes.. in Mock Battle this time so I don't get floored while saving... XD)

Something that's bugging me is that Saturation Level 0 isn't nearly desaturated enough compared to how it was in SCV. Sieg's pants are Saturation 0 here but in SCV that would've been like Saturation 2 or 3. So it's kinda impossible to get that 'just a hint' of a colour.

I have also made a Rock and Lizardman CAS but I'm not happy with how they turned out so probably won't share them until I can eventually update them (which might not be until we get more parts. Need an animal head that isn't a horse!)

My last batch for now:

Perhaps it was fate...

A tale of souls and swords...

"HWANG!"
HwangSCIII1P-01.jpg
HwangSCIII1P-02.jpg

HwangSCIII1P-03.jpg

This took sooo long and I'm still not overly happy with it (give us some some simple wrist bands dammit!) It's based mostly on his SCIII appearance but with aspects of his SCI. I'll do his Soul Blade with the orange headband as his 2P eventually.

Another 2P, this time Ivy's most recognizable one which I also made in SCV so had a little idea what I was doing with it:
IvySCII2P-02.jpg

Sadly there's no 'slicked back' hair for women so she has her default. Not much detail on the top so didn't think a headshot was needed.
IvySCII2P-01.jpg

And lastly I had a go at making Abyss but uh... yeah...
Abyss.jpg

I tried T_T

Sort of out of ideas at the moment so might slow up on these and just play the game for a bit ^_^

Phew! I'm having such a hard time utilizing this game's CaS. Here's my latest and not so greatest:

My promised Hwang 2P:
Hwang SC1P 02.jpg

Hwang SC1P 01.jpg

Serves it's purpose I guess but not totally happy with it.

Speaking of 2Ps, here's moar!

Sophitia SC2P:
SophitiaSC2P 03.jpg

SophitiaSC2P 01.jpg

SophitiaSC2P 02.jpg

Again, not overly happy with it, but it'll do I guess.

Maxi SC2P:
MaxiSC2P 01.jpg

MaxiSC2P 02.jpg

Couldn't figure out what he was wearing on his torso but all the chestplates were too big so went with the belt, lol.

Nightmare SC2P:
Nightmare SC2P 01.jpg

NightmarE SC2P 02.jpg

I know the Astaroth belt isn't overly accurate but it was the best I could do to get the purple waistcloth he had. Once again the Saturation 0 problem rears it's ugly head on his pants, which should be a less vibrant green.

Now for some cameos!

Death:
Death.jpg

Death 2.jpg

I always make some version of death whenever Zasalamel's style is available. Now we have the Revenent race, it's too good to pass up.

In celebration of Halloween (and the fact I've been binge-watching the Halloween movies) Michael Myers:
Michael Myer.jpg

Sadly there's no dagger style except for Taki but he'd look super weird flipping and rolling all over the place XD He looks awfully plain but whaddya gonna do. I'll probably delete him since I was just goofing around.

And here's the Lizardman and Rock I mentioned but didn't like. I haven't tweaked or finished them but I figured I might as well share them:
Lizardman.jpg

He looks so plain T_T

Rock.jpg

All he really needs is an animal head. He's based on his SB/SE so he has bandages on his feet that look irritatingly too much like socks here, lol.

It's honestly depressing and soul destroying how bare CaS feels. I scroll through the wiki, looking at characters and costumes throughout the ages. I pick one. I start to try and make them, and almost undoubtedly hit a brick wall within a minute.

Alas, I have little to show today:

Arthur SCI:
ArthurSC03.jpg

ArthurSC02.jpg

ArthurSC01.jpg

Arthur 2P: Based on SCIII:
ArtherSCIII.jpg

Me: "Aren't I smart, using those dumb cubes for his waist thing?"
Game: "HAHA wait til you see him in battle and they're clipping through that cloth"
T_T

Now for a more controversial one...

I despise Soulcalibur V's characters for the most part, but I honestly loved Elysium's presence, personality, voice acting, and even looking like Sophitia didn't bother me much. She's the only character I sort of wish could come back, because we have Nightmare and Inferno as the embodiment of Soul Edge, but we don't really have that with Soul Calibur except for Elysium. So to honor her...
Elysium02.jpg

Elysium01.jpg

Elysium03.jpg

Sophitia's style using the only weapon that looked the teeniest bit like Soul Calibur when recoloured, lol.

I'm so frustrated because I want to make 2Ps based on past costumes for everyone but I look at characters like Xianghua and Raphael and I just see NOTHING to work with :( I'm tempted to try making my own 2Ps based on absolutely nothing but I just don't think I have that level of creativity. But i've seen other people around here make really convincing self-made 2P concepts so I really wanna try T_T

Need custom parts so bad.

I know XiangHua is the most close we have to his one sword style but...honestly it looks REALLY weird in Hwang. May be Mitsurugi or even Geralt would suit him better. May be it Will be less accurate but he Will look a bit more...errr, how to say it, less girly, XD

I've officially run out of ideas and inspiration. I tried some things out the other day but it looked so plain and I felt like I was missing CaS pieces (that we never even had) that made it impossible to make the cameos I had in mind.

Lately I've been beyond rock bottom in depression and suicidal tendences, and I wanted to make a CaS around that, which I named Despair:
DespairV1.jpg

Originally I wanted to make some grand story how 'Despair' was the result of another CaS relinquishing their demons so to speak but Kai didn't fit the bill and I had no ideas for a new CaS so I didn't bother with a story.

Something crazy for me just happened though. I was watching Sectus's Puppet Podcast of the 200 Best CaS or something, and about 40 minuets in I see the SCIII Zasalamel and I'm like "ha, someone else made the same costume" until I see my username in the top corner, followed by two more of my 2P designs. Most people probably wouldn't care but I was shellshocked. It gives me a drive to make more but I still don't know how with such limited options. Gonna experiment in the next few days.

It's been a ridiculously long time. I don't really do a whole lot on SCVI, just pick it up every now and then and I haven't been doing much with CaS either. Just felt uninspired for the most part.

But I was thinking about how I have an OC/Custom character based on myself that uses Kilik's style (who's one of my mains), but I never made a character based on my actual main, Amy. I guess that was mostly 'cause I liked Amy enough by herself to not really feel like I HAD to have a custom, but today I got bored and decided to made a new character inspired by my more current self. I had some horrible issues with PSN refusing to upload anything though so I wasn't able to get any screenshots, however I do have a video playthrough that uploaded (despite telling me it failed).

It's nothing fancy but eh. Might as well share it.

Back