Kayane & Keysona Interview Hisaharu Tago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, Kayane and Keysona had the opportunity to meet Soulcalibur V Producer Hisaharu Tago for an interview at Paris Games Week. The interviews cover topics such as how far the game is in development, the importance of community, online features, improvements over SC4, information on the newest characters, music, and story mode.

You can read more details about the interview on Kayane's blog, and check out the videos after the break.

Article
Soulcalibur.Fr
Gnouz Corp

Last edited by a moderator:
Just by watching the interview that Keysona did with Tago makes it pretty obvious that team mode is in. :)
Loving this game so far!!!

(P.S. FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Off-topic) That Keysona guy is cute..

And I cant wait for all this news about the game coming soon, I'm assuming that more things will be quickly revealed since the release date is getting closer.

Ask for them international digits.

Also thanks go to Kayane and Keysona for conducting the interview, Hayato Nyamco (European Community Manager) for translating, and to whoever else who had a hand in producing the video.
Agreed. Love what they do for us.

Kayane is beautiful as always, thank you so much for doing everything you have done for us. Please know that it is very much appreciated!

I'm so jealous of the French community and how involved they've been in the creation of soul calibur. Hopefully there will be a showing in America before release and we can get some comments from the good players here as well!

Huh, Daishi's comments about the characters are completely at odds with I've seen in videos. But obviously nobody has unlocked the potential of any of the characters yet.

Still, Raphael certainly does not seem like a copy-paste of SCIV, I wonder what he meant by that.

Huh, Daishi's comments about the characters are completely at odds with I've seen in videos. But obviously nobody has unlocked the potential of any of the characters yet.

Still, Raphael certainly does not seem like a copy-paste of SCIV, I wonder what he meant by that.

I think this has to do with the metric you measure "change" by. Maybe to Tago, change is altering a style a ridiculous amount, or an overhaul. Maybe in his metric, Mitsu hasn't changed that much either.

This one I chalk up to a "lost in translation".

I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't directly answer some very good questions, especially in regards to the story, Viola, CGIs, and online modes. I'm sure some people would love to learn more about Viola (like if she's really Amy and counts as returning or is as new as they say she is) and how improved the online is compared to SCIV's. I also would've liked to know a bit more info on the character interactions during battles (Leixia calling Maxi "Lord Maxi" was very interesting.) The interviews were very good, but I thought we'd get a bit more answers...

okay can someone start tweeting and facebooking and mailing etc to these guys to changing Raphael. I know a lot of people want his SC2 self back including me and this will determine whether I play him or not.

What 100% means is 100% on Namco's end. Remember they outsourced a ton of the single player content to other companies to save them development time so they could focus on the balance and character design.

I think people need to sit up and take notice that Tago directly states the game is focused on the competitive aspects to a larger degree.

As for online, I have no hope for it. No matter what they do short of literally re-balancing the game for online mode; it's going to be unplayable by any competitive standard. That said, its improvement can only lessen the online/offline gap, so I support it.

okay can someone start tweeting and facebooking and mailing etc to these guys to changing Raphael. I know a lot of people want his SC2 self back including me and this will determine whether I play him or not.

Don't be Yoshicookie or CassSophFan. Please.

I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't directly answer some very good questions

This interview has been more informative than any gaming interview, like, ever. He pretty much announced team battles and declared the game to be complete except for casual modes.

They have three months to sit on their ass and balance the cast of characters while CyberConnect finishes up the single player modes and the same for whoever does the online modes (it's probably not the same people that design and balance character move lists). I am a very happy competitive gamer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live streams

17 Viewers
Deyzuna_
Deyzuna_
Playing until suddenly ending stream with no warning (Alt+F4)
2 Viewers
kanskaii
kanskaii
The World Best Astaroth Player.....Not Really
1 Viewers
GoatGuyGG
GoatGuyGG
Wöchentliches Ki Turnier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member