Kilik Matchups/General Chat Topic

I'm in agreement with Hayate.

Using some of Kilik's better mids will keep people from ducking too often.

I personally use 22A(CH fishing) and then A+K(on CH you get some good stuff afterwards)

ok so i've been working on when to use Fotd and i've found a couple of ways to work it in your game.

1. 2A "already mentioned" is an excellent opportunity to use it as most ppl are blocking waiting for your WR B.
2. 2K is another quick hitting low that puts you in position to use it because of fear of WR B. also great quick interrupt.
3. 46 B CH is always good as well because most ppl will be to busy shaking the stun to think about breaking the throw.
4. 1B CH i've used this a couple of times already and it's the same as above, most ppl shaking stun to break throw.
5. BP B on block close range is a great time i've found and works like a charm.

I'll keep working on other ways to land this throw so stayed tuned. On a different note i've also been landing 44aB after Fotd quite a bit lately for a ton of damage so give it a go.

ok so i've been working on when to use Fotd and i've found a couple of ways to work it in your game.

1. 2A "already mentioned" is an excellent opportunity to use it as most ppl are blocking waiting for your WR B.
2. 2K is another quick hitting low that puts you in position to use it because of fear of WR B. also great quick interrupt.
3. 46 B CH is always good as well because most ppl will be to busy shaking the stun to think about breaking the throw.
4. 1B CH i've used this a couple of times already and it's the same as above, most ppl shaking stun to break throw.
5. BP B on block close range is a great time i've found and works like a charm.

I'll keep working on other ways to land this throw so stayed tuned. On a different note i've also been landing 44aB after Fotd quite a bit lately for a ton of damage so give it a go.

1. Yes
2. No. From my experience this doesn't put u in range. Maybe its CH ur talking about I don't know but your also at -4 when u actually do land this on non CH. Seems like a bad setup.
3. Yes
4. Hell no. The reason being is one the damage is to great to pass up when u stun your opponent for a free combo. Also if ur landing FOTD here it already means your using Kiliks 1B at the wrong range seeing how its punishable and all.
5. Yes. This one is sweet. iFOTD for the win at 17-Frames.

What idiot keeps letting u catch them with 44aB after FOTD.

1. Yes
2. No. From my experience this doesn't put u in range. Maybe its CH ur talking about I don't know but your also at -4 when u actually do land this on non CH. Seems like a bad setup.
3. Yes
4. Hell no. The reason being is one the damage is to great to pass up when u stun your opponent for a free combo. Also if ur landing FOTD here it already means your using Kiliks 1B at the wrong range seeing how its punishable and all.
5. Yes. This one is sweet. iFOTD for the win at 17-Frames.

What idiot keeps letting u catch them with 44aB after FOTD.

i agree about passing up free damage lol but you can catch ppl with this off of 1B. 44aB online idiots thats who lol need i say more. 2K actually works online because of lag and ppl are worried about your WR B. i don't get alot of offline matches anymore so i have to play online.

Using maximum range with Kilik is VITAL.

All your moves has generally bad recovery frame data, but it's because it's calculated with the range. All the negative ending move of Kilik in term of frame, can still let him in advantage if you use it at the maximum range. A range that opponnent loose lot's of option to reply.

For the BP :
- He step back, evading some short distance. So use it with some additionnal distance, to increase your evade.
- BP K, BP A, BP B, all have decent range. BP K is less ranged, but still can punish after a whiffing.
- BP K is for quick response after a successfull GI.
- Otherwise always USE BP at max range of the BP A, at this range you will cause major problem, especially versus non ranged character.

So using FOTD after BP B wil generally not happen, especially if your opponnent know to GI. If you delay, he will be hit anyway, and not be at range.

I'm new here, and I got a few questions.
Well, I'm a casual SC player who, obviously, mains Kilik, but although the march 2009 chart shows that I have a favorable matchup against Amy, I'm still having problems.
The Amy I play uses :1::A: until I crouch to block. Then, he uses :6::B:+:K: to stun me and follows up with :4::B:+:K:,:B:.
Occasionally he uses :3::B::A:to trick me.
I'm really frustrated with this combo, so here are my general questions:
1. How can I maintain distance while not using so many vertical attacks? (he's used to blocking :(6)::A::A:)
2. How can I prevent myself from getting hit by his combo?
Hopefully you guys won't criticize me too much, since I am a casual player, after all.

Hayate:

BP A & B are actually fairly decent being used up close as well. Distance is priority but in range is not that bad either. BP A gives +3-Frames or something like that on hit which can only be taken advantage of in close and the benefit of landing BP B up close is the added mixup of throws preferably iFOTD for or in some cases a mixup between both versions of iFOTD.

Jsmith1:

Outside of the French Chart the states believe that Amy vs. Kilik is a 5/5 which I personally believe is the case also.

There is basically nothing any player can do to try and block Amy's 1A so u may hvae to eat those more often than not as it is way to fast to see. If u do happen to block it however it is -21-Frames so u can get Kilik's WSB which is exactly 21-Frames, if u can't react that fast do his FC3B which is 17-Frames and will leave u at +3-Frames.

Unfortunately I can't help you with 6 B+K because I don't know what notation that is.

Amy's 3BA is a special case for Kilik. Her 3B by itself is -16-Frames and the A right after it can be tech jumped. So when playing Kilik you should only have two options to consider. Kilik's 1K is 15-Frames tech jumps and will eliminate any mixup and net u guaranteed damage. Their is nothing she can do about it. The other option is if u want to risk laying down the hurt for 69-80 Damage by doing Asura Dance or Asura Dance (JF) if u can. That is if u believe the Amy will do the A part and as a result the Asura Dance will tech jump it.

Answers to your questions.

Honestly their is no character in this game that can maintain distance from Amy. All u can do is understand your tools and when to use them take risks etc. Learn to read your opponent and in some cases play off of their bad habits.

SU gave good answers to everything except the 6B+K, so I'll step in for that.

The 6B+K attack is a SHAK-ABLE stun.
Meaning if you do (I think 6) directional inputs, your character will recover from the stun.. if you're using a joystick, it might take you awhile to get used to.. but on the pad its considerably easier to get out of stuns, do a couple of quick spins on the analog. If you're playing against Amy a lot, note that her WS B/B+K,B/1KA/6K are all shakable stuns as well. Only A+B,B and 66A are non-shakable.

For the 3BA, i personnally use the MO Response more often. If she does the A part, you can confirm and press K for garanted MO K, 6B+K punishement. If she does nothing, you end in avantage frame into MO, your MO K is non-interuptable if try something then, she has to guess your MO A or MO FOTD mixup also.

It's basically taking a non garanteed variable advantage over the opponnent.

The 1K is a net assurance that you will punish and kill her move, but it will let you in a little disavantage then and doing poor damage. It's still good when you have trouble to guessing, or you want to kill her for this action.

Asura is the heavy solution, especially usefull if you are really sure that the opponnent will do the A part.

Use the propre solution, with the proper situation, risk, and guessing situation.

I mean :
- Using only 1K could be not sufficient to take advantage over her
- Using only Asura could be negative for you if she guess better than you
- Using only Monument is probably the safiest and advantage one, but still won't help you to end quicly the round, that you could with Asura or 1K (in case of the end of round)

PS: The situation is the same with Sophitia 1AA and some other.

Hey guys I was wondering if any help against Setsuka. A friend of mine who plays Setsuka has been giving me trouble. He doesn't do the JF's, but he is still a problem. He tends to stick to her quick moves like :bA: and such. I know playing Kilik is about keeping distance, but I feel like she gets close too quick. If you could give me any advice that would be great.

Has anyone been able to play against any competent Hildes? What do you guys think about the matchup?

You did a damn good job there, Mike!

I only suggest two things:

1) When you step c2/3B, punish with A+B.

2) When you need 2K/1K to track, hit 66>>2/1K. This is golden against Hilde players that try to step and hit you with random hit of doom.

Random note:

68B is very good to use against Hilde. You should try it out...

I havent read the other pages but has someone mentioned the usage of 22_88K?
It's a fairly unpredictable low and leaves you in my opinion into the position of great mixups. After it I tend to use FC 1B to lure them out since most predict the B thrust of 22_88KB. or just do 22K. Most will step then and you can cancel into 22AB getting a runcounter.

Hey quick question for Kilik users here. How do you guys deal with Yoshi's who use jumping attacks all day like dragonfly and superdragonfly? I swear every attack I use misses the fool in the air, even highs. It's one thing I hate about this game, jumping moves seem to be so powerful now and nothing touches you in the air unless it's specially designed for anti air. The only move I know for sure that knocks people high out of the sky is 214B and that seems to be too slow in most cases.

Wow you're not kidding. The only move in kilik's entire list I can get to hit a standard deathcopter reliably is 7B(!). Even stuff that looks like it hits way up in the air ex 22B, 4A+B, 2_8*B, 2B+K, all of it missed. At the right ranges JMP B can hit him out of SDGF also it looks like. As for DGF you have a number of options depending on your priorities 6AA/66B(quick) B+K/2_8*BB (evasion) A+K/3kB (damage), none of which are fantastic especially since asura 2nd hit wont land randomly and 6AAA often misses due to air control or if he's doing something. If you're just worried about hitting him though those will probably work for you.

From experience...

Kilik doesn't have an aswer for air moves. Its best to just space, step, or GI and or focus on getting something in during the whiff recovery.

If u can get 214B to land though I imagine its a damn strong option since 214B against air opponents hit hard and guarantess 236B or forces a tech trap into another 214B~3kB or if I remeber correct guarantees 214B grounded if they do not wake up.

Back