Kratos and Astaroth.

ok, but how WHY would kratos do that? he knows ares is an asshole and that he's gonna kill his wife. no way in hell that kratos is gonna try and get ares soul edge.

btw, asty is too busy with that already.

As Kratos is working for Ares why would getting Soul Edge for him be out of the question?

Astaroth's story is why I said Kratos would have to come back empty handed earlier in the thread.

As Kratos is working for Ares why would getting Soul Edge for him be out of the question?

Astaroth's story is why I said Kratos would have to come back empty handed earlier in the thread.

because i simply think kratos is NOT going to work for ares.

cmon, in gow1, hes working to destroy ares, so thats out of the question.
in gow 2( wich is clearly in broken destiny. judging from various screens and footage showing kratos using wings of icarus, blade of olympus, etc.)

so, not to burst your bubble, but thats just my view.

because i simply think kratos is NOT going to work for ares.

cmon, in gow1, hes working to destroy ares, so thats out of the question.
in gow 2( wich is clearly in broken destiny. judging from various screens and footage showing kratos using wings of icarus, blade of olympus, etc.)

so, not to burst your bubble, but thats just my view.

I based the working for Ares thing off this:

... and Kratos would still be under servitude to Ares or Athena, or any of the rest of the gods he worked for after he killed his family...

I really have only played bits and pieces of GOW at a buddy's house and know very very little about the story line... Rigel makes the point that I'm going to maybe mistakingly continue that he could really be working for any of the gods on this mission... or why does he have to be working for a god, maybe he just wants the weapon himself... in that sense it might involve more story than necessary for why he doesn't use it in GOW.

I based the working for Ares thing off this:

I really have only played bits and pieces of GOW at a buddy's house and know very very little about the story line... Rigel makes the point that I'm going to maybe mistakingly continue that he could really be working for any of the gods on this mission... or why does he have to be working for a god, maybe he just wants the weapon himself... in that sense it might involve more story than necessary for why he doesn't use it in GOW.

well, since the gow 2 kratos is (probably, unless they change it) is in this game, he is working for himself and refuses to serve the gods. soooo IF he went after souledge, it would be for himself.

still. THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE I ADRESSED

in gow, kratos killed ares. in sc, astaroth is serving ares. HOW THE HELL is this going to work out?

Spoiler! Lol.
In GOW3 (you can tell by the ending of GOW2) Kratos is at War with the gods with the support of the Titans.
He might think that Soul Edge would come in handy in that war.

About Astaroth: In SC3 he had an ending in which he refused to give Ares the Soul Edge, so although that didn't happen Asty doesn't need Ares as a motivation, he has his own greed for power as you can see in SC4 ending.

Question is the timeline. But as Orry said since in SC BD Kratos already has the items he obtained during GOW1, his relation to Ares must be at least soured already (Or Ares is dead)

I wish Namco and sony would care as much as you guys do. Then story mode would be worth something and GOW3 would have Soul Edge as a secret weapon.

That'd be awesome but i'm not that naive.

Spoiler! Lol.
In GOW3 (you can tell by the ending of GOW2) Kratos is at War with the gods with the support of the Titans.
He might think that Soul Edge would come in handy in that war.

About Astaroth: In SC3 he had an ending in which he refused to give Ares the Soul Edge, so although that didn't happen Asty doesn't need Ares as a motivation, he has his own greed for power as you can see in SC4 ending.

Question is the timeline. But as Orry said since in SC BD Kratos already has the items he obtained during GOW1, his relation to Ares must be at least soured already (Or Ares is dead)

I wish Namco and sony would care as much as you guys do. Then story mode would be worth something and GOW3 would have Soul Edge as a secret weapon.

That'd be awesome but i'm not that naive.

fix: items from gow 2.

no blade of olympus or wings of icarus in gow 1 matey ^^

and true, asty doesent need ares as motivation. but ares is still alive.

i really dont see it working out unless the star wars characters captured him from yet ANOTHER planet in the galaxy and placed him in soul calibur BD.

A stopped in at a buddy's house and he was playing some RPG that I've seen him play a bunch. Thing is I seen him kill this bad guy a couple weeks ago and I walk in on him battling the same guy. Not sure the exact story but the bad guy somehow came back. Ares reincarnated I don't think is a long shot, being a god has its perks.

Kratos is the most normal moutherfucker out of any guest character in Calibur ever. You guys seem to be forgetting that Soul Calibur is set on BIZZARO Earth, a place in which 17th century samurai coexist with ancient Greek gods, ancient eygptians, zombie pirates, and pirates with nunchucks; that is sometimes visited by: elves, demonic black guys, power hungry Japanese Corporate tycoons that happen to be Karate masters, aliens, and galaxy conquering dictators. Kratos needs little to no explanation or justification.

Normal? How is killing a 100ft Minotaur with nothing but two pieces of small, sharp metal attached to chains when he is the size of an ant NORMAL?! XP

Given all the shit he had to go through, none of the characters from SC would have a pity hope of ever coming close to defeating him.

Also, I didn't know that Zasalamel is not the only black guy in the game.... who is/are the/these secret character(s)? (has fingers crossed that Kimbo is a super secret unlockable character with Heiachi's (sp?) fighting style) XD.

Normal? How is killing a 100ft Minotaur with nothing but two pieces of small, sharp metal attached to chains when he is the size of an ant NORMAL?! XP

Given all the shit he had to go through, none of the characters from SC would have a pity hope of ever coming close to defeating him.

Also, I didn't know that Zasalamel is not the only black guy in the game.... who is/are the/these secret character(s)? (has fingers crossed that Kimbo is a super secret unlockable character with Heiachi's (sp?) fighting style) XD.

The black guy he was talking about was Spawn.

And I think he meant "normal" because he actually seems to fit into the universe of the series, hence the "Kratos needs little to no explanation or justification" part at the end.

A stopped in at a buddy's house and he was playing some RPG that I've seen him play a bunch. Thing is I seen him kill this bad guy a couple weeks ago and I walk in on him battling the same guy. Not sure the exact story but the bad guy somehow came back. Ares reincarnated I don't think is a long shot, being a god has its perks.

no, he probably replayed the game. because i played all current gow games. ares got owned. simple as pie.

The story in soulcalibur is like this.
Cervantes had soul edge and was wrecking havoc, taki comes in and destroys him, something to do with sophitia aswell. Then Siegfried finds soul edge, and becomes nightmare. Nightmare has an entourage, of Asta who was created from Rock's genes, and Ivy...Asta kills Maxi's crewmates, Maxi cries. Kilik and Xianghua own Nightmare with soul calibur. Somehow Nightmare survives...Maxi either gets his revenge or almost dies.(I think he almost dies) Raphael wants Soul Edge he fights Nightmare, he loses badly but his attack separates Siegfried from Nightmare. Somehow soul calibur appears, Siegfried then uses soul calibur to destroy soul edge. Nightmare dies, but Zasalamel shows up to use soul edge and soul calibur to remove his immortallity. He revives Nightmare...he pimps everyone into doing this shit again...they do it, he brings the two swords together and either becomes abyss, becomes mortal, or gets killed by NightTerror...actually no he fails(he still can't die:( ). So then Hilde shows up to punish Nightmare, I mean Siegfried...Siegfried bows like a bitch because he doesn't want to get rung out. Everyone fights Algol and oh yea at this point it doesn't make any sense...

And there you go.

Asta kills Maxi's crewmates, Maxi cries. Kilik and Xianghua own Nightmare with soul calibur. Somehow Nightmare survives...Maxi either gets his revenge or almost dies.(I think he almost dies)
It was both IIRC. Maxi had beaten Astaroth, then the ground under them collapsed. Maxi was severely injured in the fall. Astaroth was resurrected. Maxi overcame his paralysis with the shards. Asta's controlling spirit has been steadily growing in power (the more powerful it becomes, the more its intelligence and independent will has started to peek through) ever since it was summoned to the material world.

KingAce, that shit made me lol. Good summary.

And as Marginal clarified about Maxi, I'll clarify about Nightmare. In SC3 Seigfried had Soul Edge, but could suppress it's power because it was weak as shit without Inferno. Inferno's technically the spirit of Soul Edge and got released somehow after SC2 (dunno, never owned it) then in SC3 Zasalamel binds Inferno to Seig's cast away azure armor. Not sure what the fuck happened after that since there were 139478135 contradicting endings in SC3, and they never really addressed it in SC4. All they say about it in SC4 is like "The two swords clashed again, and got stronger." I'm pretty sure Seig was mortally wounded in whatever happened, and Soul Calibur is keeping him alive.

Then Algol's tower has a party and everyone's invited.

Normal? How is killing a 100ft Minotaur with nothing but two pieces of small, sharp metal attached to chains when he is the size of an ant NORMAL?!

I do this daily. Pretty good exercise, to be honest. Damn pesky 100ft Minotaurs infesting my basement...

all of you forgot that in GoW II kratos travels back in time so he could go back to when asta was still serving ares in order to get Soul Edge and bring it to the future

BD has no story, well it does but it says before it starts that its not canon. Probably because its so ridiculously stupid, and in the story Zas sends you cassandra hilde and damp to another dimension, which is where kratos is. My highlight of the story is when kilik and xianghua are trying to stop you from taking edgemasters 1000 year old beard... >.>

ok, but how WHY would kratos do that? he knows ares is an asshole and that he's gonna kill his wife. no way in hell that kratos is gonna try and get ares soul edge.

btw, asty is too busy with that already.

I haven't touched the GoW series, but maybe Kratos wants it for himself, to stop Ares before he kills his wife?

Or just to gain ultimate power and rule over everything.
That's everyone's excuse for doing anything.

Back