[Las Vegas, NV] What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas

Gemini Arcade is our main set up for local tournaments and lab sessions. We are opening a 2 story building near the strip soon dedicated to FGs and streaming called Immortal Gaming League. I don't have full details yet, but it sounds amazing.

That sounds very amazing. Too bad none of that was around when I was there; but nevertheless that's very good stuff to hear.

Looking forward to new venue, seems awesome. Don't think we have much of a scene yet....wonder what is the best way to get the word out.

A new strategy that I'm going to try is learning other fighting games and trying to bring those communities over to the SC side. There's that, and if you guys got a super awesome venue, then you can try asking them to advertise w/e SC tourneys are going on.

A new strategy that I'm going to try is learning other fighting games and trying to bring those communities over to the SC side. There's that, and if you guys got a super awesome venue, then you can try asking them to advertise w/e SC tourneys are going on.

Looking forward to new venue, seems awesome. Don't think we have much of a scene yet....wonder what is the best way to get the word out.

We got SC5 covered I tried getting 4 in a few times but no one went for it and it got canceled at sign up time :( but alot of people that regular at the gemini meetups really want to try SC5 so that is a good sign it would pretty much be up to us to keep it alive by helping those who want to learn more etc etc

but ive been hyping it up for everyone here so far

and everyone says the IGL place is really nice looking and also guys don't forget the tournament on the 4th I know its short after release but its a way to show people about the game and how good it is on the stream and to the scene

So i got my taxes early ad tried seeing if i can go to walmart to grab an early copy from an old lady and slip her a 20 for the trouble but I guess walmart wont be carrying it :(

yeah i may already have a copy ordered but i was planning on getting it early and getting a ps3 maybe

where is this place that you speak of??? i might be getting SC5..... :P

it's too bad i missed chris while he was up here.... maybe it was a good thing.. i haven't played in ages....

it's too bad i missed chris while he was up here.... maybe it was a good thing.. i haven't played in ages....
Chris beat us bad. We're rusty as hell >_<. I couldn't remember the strings and animations.

But yeah vegas has a scene now for other fighting games at Gemini and now a new location called IGL. Gemini is on Sandhill/Flamingo does casual Thurs & Fri and on Saturday monthly tournaments occur. IGL is having a tournament the 4th (THIS Saturday), it's on Wynn/Russel (right near the mandalay bay) in a 2 story manufacturing building. Do you have a facebook? There are 3 game groups you need to join, but yeah...Vegas has a scene and we're gonna push for a Soul Calibur one to grow from it.

I'm aimin to crush you this time O_________O

Dude, Ted, you owe it to yourself to get this game. Yoshi is absolutely shenanigans, moreso than SC4.

Reminder to everyone: IGL tournament this Saturday!

Also, setting up at least 1 station for SC5 tomorrow at Gemini. Let's build the scene here people.

I'm aimin to crush you this time O_________O

we'll see...... last time we played even Ashley was like, "How could someone get beat so bad and still love that game??" i responded with... "you should of seen how i got my ass handed to me in the bay and by a few peeps here...... without the ass whooping i never really learned anything!!"

haha you know I got mad love for you, bro.. i actually miss having gatherings... but i hope it's completely different... then we can all start from scratch.... and it'll be clean slate... i hear the game is faster and has got some huge changes.. so we'll see...

53-3 last i recall playing you IVYFANBOY... you better make some HUGE adjustments this game.

we'll see...... last time we played even Ashley was like, "How could someone get beat so bad and still love that game??" i responded with... "you should of seen how i got my ass handed to me in the bay and by a few peeps here...... without the ass whooping i never really learned anything!!"

haha you know I got mad love for you, bro.. i actually miss having gatherings... but i hope it's completely different... then we can all start from scratch.... and it'll be clean slate... i hear the game is faster and has got some huge changes.. so we'll see...

53-3 last i recall playing you IVYFANBOY... you better make some HUGE adjustments this game.
Yes, but you're god damn freak with your pyschic Gi's. But SC5 is VERY different. I feel like playing mvc this whole time has taught me how to learn a game better so SC5 should be a big step up for me.

Yes, but you're god damn freak with your pyschic Gi's. But SC5 is VERY different. I feel like playing mvc this whole time has taught me how to learn a game better so SC5 should be a big step up for me.

that's good. i hear there are supers and shit... i hope this game isn't like SF or anything.. like blaze blue.. .. fuck that... if it is, consider me done. lol i hate those games.. but we'll see.. and if it IS.. then yeah.. i'm sure i'll have my ass handed to me in no time. lol

super specials? lol = weak sauce .... (only because i hate those double quarter circle inputs lol)

It's still very much a soul calibur game. The game itself has gotten a universal speed boost, and 3-D movement feels really good with the quickstep.

Most supers come out super fast though, pretty much standard AA or BB speed, maybe even faster. And Nightmare, Xiba, and Dampierre have counter supers, so there are wakeup super shenanigans with those characters. All this stuff is new, so we're all still trying to get a good feel of how to use all the meter moves, but I'm not too worried.

yeah the online is actually really good too locally and cross country so thats good I am really enjoying the game played some matches with IFB and EFF that Astoroth

also random thing tobring up anyone else thing Leixia is too fucking good?

It's still very much a soul calibur game. The game itself has gotten a universal speed boost, and 3-D movement feels really good with the quickstep.

Most supers come out super fast though, pretty much standard AA or BB speed, maybe even faster. And Nightmare, Xiba, and Dampierre have counter supers, so there are wakeup super shenanigans with those characters. All this stuff is new, so we're all still trying to get a good feel of how to use all the meter moves, but I'm not too worried.

I hate getting good momenteum going on a nightmare player and they just mash out the super it gets me all the time so dumb

I hate getting good momenteum going on a nightmare player and they just mash out the super it gets me all the time so dumb

That thing is easy to bait out though -- I love the online NM randoms who just push it out. Guaranteed 81 dmg for me! :)

Again, hosting casuals later at Gemini for a bit (5-9). Hope to see some of you there.

I'mkeepin my rank in the top 100. Only got 2 losses and one was a nightmare who spammed the CE and hit me on it full charge. It's actually not that long of a hold and can punish whiffed pokes

Back