Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

So no one is posting about how great Leixia is anymore. Guess I'll have to do it.

You are just picking fights now :P

I could care less about her tier placement as long as she is tournament viable. After playing her in tournament I think she can be with enough work,

On topic:

I find 66B 3B is a really good way to open your opponents up. The 66B has great range so it is usually safe, and with the long range on 3B you can do it after 66B which makes it a relatively safe 3B attempt. It might even be 100% safe, although people may have just not been punishing it when I faced them.

You are just picking fights now :P

I could care less about her tier placement as long as she is tournament viable. After playing her in tournament I think she can be with enough work,

On topic:

I find 66B 3B is a really good way to open your opponents up. The 66B has great range so it is usually safe, and with the long range on 3B you can do it after 66B which makes it a relatively safe 3B attempt. It might even be 100% safe, although people may have just not been punishing it when I faced them.

No. People with skills step after 66B cause it's a steppable string. I don't see the point of replacing the end of the string with another vertical.

Edit: I've been doing 66B, 44A and it has been working well.

No. People with skills step after 66B cause it's a steppable string. I don't see the point of replacing the end of the string with another vertical.

Edit: I've been doing 66B, 44A and it has been working well.

Couldnt you condition them to step it, and then after the string do 22_88B for a full combo?

Couldnt you condition them to step it, and then after the string do 22_88B for a full combo?
Possibly, but you're still risking a step if you guess the wrong way with 22_88B.

I like to use 66B then do one of the following:

Throw/AAB at very close range (wall/edge)
66A A (can be JG'ed, but also works against back step)
44A at long range(slow, but safe at a distance)
3 A shenanigans at mid range (opens up nice options with WR after the first hit)

Possibly, but you're still risking a step if you guess the wrong way with 22_88B.

I like to use 66B then do one of the following:

Throw/AAB at very close range (wall/edge)
66A A (can be JG'ed, but also works against back step)
44A at long range(slow, but safe at a distance)
3 A shenanigans at mid range (opens up nice options with WR after the first hit)

Ok then.

Thanks you guys

Ground breaking new tech, that will improve your game with leixia.
i mean what other character blows you up with 55 no meter damage for using a safe 2A.
read here i implore you leixia mains to adopt this strategy.

okay, after some testing ive just found the real use of 4A+B.
While many of you have failed to realize the true strength of this string, is quite surprising.
oh well ill tell you that 4a+b is a string used when you predict a 2a after a frame trap.
the move itself was designed for this purpose, discourage your opponent interrupting you with 2a after a frame trap.
e.g of when to use this move 6b+k for example is -6 and forces crouch, most players will try to 2a to stop you stepping and whiff punishing there linear W R moves.
this is when to use 4a+b the agi window is such that it will agi any 2a attempt even at -6.
this will work for moves that leave you at -6 and below.

ive tested it even with leixia's, i had her 2a straight after blocking 6b+k.
i was able to counter all attempts with 4A+B AGI.
im surprised a don't see any leixia players use this move enough apart from a few no one uses it the way it should be used.
so is your getting 2a by turling players afraid of wr b , this is this is the go to move.

If anything, I'm thinking that QS~4A is becoming "groundbreaking". (Well as groundbreaking as we can get this far in I guess.) It's Pyrrha's 22K... (minus the 40+ pts of dmg) but with great mixup potential.

i mean what other character blows you up with 55 no meter damage for using a safe 2A.

While many of you have failed to realize the true strength of this string, is quite surprising.
oh well ill tell you that 4a+b is a string used when you predict a 2a after a frame trap.
the move itself was designed for this purpose, discourage your opponent interrupting you with 2a after a frame trap.
e.g of when to use this move 6b+k for example is -6 and forces crouch, most players will try to 2a to stop you stepping and whiff punishing there linear W R moves.
this is when to use 4a+b the agi window is such that it will agi any 2a attempt even at -6.

im surprised a don't see any leixia players use this move enough apart from a few no one uses it the way it should be used.
so is your getting 2a by turling players afraid of wr b , this is this is the go to move.

Dude, I covered ALL of that shit in my frame trap guide months ago. Sorry. It's fun when you find something that's new to you, but the community has been aware of this stuff for a while. I'm not knocking your idea - it's pretty cool to aGI with 4A+B. You don't see a lot of Leixia players using it in tournaments because it's risky and hard to use under pressure. Training mode is a different world.

...speaking of which, I haven't abandoned it yet. I'm still slowly working on it when I have time (which isn't often). The biggest thing I'm focusing on right now is overhauling it so it's not so fluffy and wordy. Simple is good.

And stop saying, "[We] fail to realize..." stuff. It's silly to assume that just because you found something cool.

Well everyone else knows this, but I didnt XD. Thanks, this will help with people that try to poke out of my 3B 1B WR A+B pressure.

If anything, I'm thinking that QS~4A is becoming "groundbreaking". (Well as groundbreaking as we can get this far in I guess.) It's Pyrrha's 22K... (minus the 40+ pts of dmg) but with great mixup potential.
It is definitely awesome because that side grab opportunity really helps her throw game.

yeah i did write an essay on this, im glad you listened.
it really is a good move.

@seditious listen there, you may know but not everyone does.
this is for many of those that don't okay.

i discovered the 3aa 3a wr move mind game months ago and wrote about it.
i never said anything when you brought it up, just keep it civil okay.
this forum isn't about who brought up new tech first, its about making sure every leixia main is aware of it.
speaking of which if you want to go there ive contributed more new tech than you can even compare.
so don't even go there.

yeah i did write an essay on this, im glad you listened. it really is a good move.
Did you, now? Link?

@seditious listen there, you may know but not everyone does.
this is for many of those that don't okay.
I never said not to post about your find - just stop hailing it as, "Groundbreaking new tech" trying to get attention and glory.

i discovered the 3aa 3a wr move mind game months ago and wrote about it.
You didn't discover it, you went into practice mode and found something new for yourself. There's a difference between being the first one to discover a tactic/piece of tech and simply finding something for yourself. I've been touting 3A shenanigans a lot lately, and it's because I've been consistently working it into my gameplay with great success. Every Leixia that's spent time in Training has probably reached the same conclusions about 3A.

i never said anything when you brought it up, just keep it civil okay.
I was never being uncivil with my posts. I made an observation and a suggestion - if my post seemed uncivil, it's because you inferred something I never said.

this forum isn't about who brought up new tech first, its about making sure every leixia main is aware of it.
...Which is why you're constantly trying to take credit for "discovering" tech and making sure everyone knows *you* found it first, and how *you* made a post saying how good it was...first.

speaking of which if you want to go there ive contributed more new tech than you can even compare.
so don't even go there.
Okey brah. Keep the new tech coming.

Back