Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

@sed
please shut up if you don't know what your talking about.
you want prove? okay, ill start with 4a
here it is scroll down http://8wayrun.com/threads/leixia-q-a-general-strategy-thread.8757/page-20

with regards to 3 a tech here it is http://8wayrun.com/threads/leixia-q-a-general-strategy-thread.8757/page-15

while your eating your humble pie, i suggest you at least do your research before talking rubbish.

*sigh* Alright, I'm just going to stop you here. I'm not letting this turn something that belongs in the, "NO NO!" thread.

All I want from you is this: Stop taking credit for finding things that are new to *you*. When you find something new to you, feel free to come share it on the forums, but *please* stop trying to take credit for everything like you invented it. There are Leixia players that NEVER post in 8WR that discovered all of this stuff months before anyone posted it here.

Look at Mick, for example. He's one of the best Leixia's in the world, and he never posts here. Someone of that calibur (little pun there) definitely knows all about 3A tricks and 4A's tech crouch. Posting something to help new players is fine, but don't expect to be a hero just because you wrote about something first.

Second off, do yourself a favor and stop making claims with the phrase, "You've failed to realize..." when addressing an entire community of players. It makes you look arrogant, even if that's not what you meant by it.

Thanks.

nobody gives a shit who claims what tech, guys, and i'm happy to see stuff reposted and rediscussed instead of buried on page 12 of a 3 month old thread.. there's more dick-waving than strategy in here lately..

*sigh* Alright, I'm just going to stop you here. I'm not letting this turn something that belongs in the, "NO NO!" thread.

All I want from you is this: Stop taking credit for finding things that are new to *you*. When you find something new to you, feel free to come share it on the forums, but *please* stop trying to take credit for everything like you invented it. There are Leixia players that NEVER post in 8WR that discovered all of this stuff months before anyone posted it here.

Look at Mick, for example. He's one of the best Leixia's in the world, and he never posts here. Someone of that calibur (little pun there) definitely knows all about 3A tricks and 4A's tech crouch. Posting something to help new players is fine, but don't expect to be a hero just because you wrote about something first.

Second off, do yourself a favor and stop making claims with the phrase, "You've failed to realize..." when addressing an entire community of players. It makes you look arrogant, even if that's not what you meant by it.

Thanks.
Naw he will never understand...he's one of the main one's who bring this SA down. I think the best bet is just for everyone to put him on ignore.

Agreed, lol and he plays on my old PS3 stick I gave him <3

I love stopping in here and reading... When Im feeling down just hit the leixia forums.

To be honest, I've never seen footage of Mick's Leixia, but if he's anywhere near as good with her as with Xianghua, I don't need to see any footage to know. He was one of my main inspirations when I first took SC seriously back in SCIV (I had only casually dabbled in 2 and 3).

Back on topic, I've abandoned my video project centering around Leixia's jump cancels, but I'm working on one for some sick Option-Selects. It'll be a real treat when I've got time to finish it. I get all giddy when I make them work online.

I ain't gonna lie, I'm tempted to just delete any post that either doesn't inform people, or doesn't entertain me. But that would mean paying a lot more attention to arguments and/or nut riding.... hmm...

@ Seditious - what jump cancels?

Is it possible to ban people for constant annoyance?

I would like to know what these jump cancels are too and I can't remember who said you could avoid Rapheal's A+BA with 8K but GOOD LOOK!

@ Seditious - what jump cancels?

I would like to know what these jump cancels are too...

Since I'm not making a video on it now, I'll spoil it...

The video focused on all the crazy shit you can do with iFCa+bG. When I tried it the first few times, I noticed something funny about my inputs at the bottom of the screen. I was plinking B~A instead of hitting B+A, resulting in an input that read, "GBAG". The title of the video was going to be something snarky about GBAGging people.

Basically, it's a forward-moving, tech-crouching, tech-jumping, slightly-sidestepping little giggly thing that makes people flinch like crazy. The low is slow and easy to react to, but it's borderline safe (-12), making it a total pain in the ass to punish with character like Pyrrha whose punishers start at i14. Since (almost) everyone can block the low, I decided to cancel the jump and play around with the fact that the GBAG leaves you in FC.

WR A, WR K, FC2K, 6KK, and throws are your best options coming out of a GBAG. use WR A to kill step, WR K to crush guard/frame trap, and FC2K to go low after they've stood up because they've reacted to the cancel. Toss a 6K (K) hit confirm in there if you know they'll duck, and use throws to make them pay for not hitting buttons. WR A+B is an okay option as well, but with the jump animation, you're leaving yourself open for a LOT of frames that are vulnerable to counter hits, so use with caution.

I made a little flowchart that goes something like this:
(The arrow can be read as, "Makes your opponent do...", or as, "Leads to [this response]...")

FC A+B -> Low Block/Jump
GBAG, throw -> Low Block/Jump
GBAG 6K K -> Standing Block/Step
GBAG WR A -> Standing Block
GBAG FC2K -> I have no idea what the fuck is going on right now

FC A+B (raw) -> Low Block -> Mids -> Standing block -> Throws -> Low Block -> ...etc

Use the raw hit and throws to make them duck (You can delay the throw with a step forward to catch them standing up anyway...), then use mids to scare them into standing into the throws again. Use FC2K when you're not sure, because the whole string conditions the opponent to block low, then see the cancel and keep blocking low. If they choose not to stay crouched for half an eternity, they risk eating the low and getting frame trapped.

As for when to actually *USE* the GBAG, that is another matter entirely.

A+G doesn't leave the opponent very far away on hit, and cannot be teched, making it a perfect place to use the GBAG. It's interruptable, so be sure to teach them to respect you on wakeup first.

Once you've got them standing up to block your 66K/FC3B's (or whatever you use), do GBAG A+G on wakeup. Then do it again...and again... it chains infinitely. As long as they stand up and don't attack after an A-Throw, you can literally keep the mixup going forever. If you land two throws in a row this way, they'll be so scared of the throw that you get to play with their head for free.

I was playing SC1 with Xianghua the other day, and noticed she could do a combo with 1B A, which was essentially Leixia doing 1B, FC A+B. As we all know, launch into 1B is a staple setup of hers, and since most people have seen it enough to know that it's important to stand up and block to avoid FC3B, you can get away with GBAG mixups here. GBAG also works quite well after 3B+K (on its own, or as a launch followup), or even after 6[A].

After a stepkill with 44A, FC A+B's long range comes in handy to catch people off guard, and sets up the GBAG when they decide to stand up or tech the knockdown.

Also, 11A sets up the GBAG naturally since 11A aG is just a low hit that cancels right away instead of requiring a full recovery.

Here are some sample strings to demonstrate all of this:

3B, 1B, WR A+B (hit), 11A aG, WR K(blocked), 44B

6K K (punish), GBAG A+G, iFC A+B

3A (hit), GBAG FC2A(counter hit), 66 A+G, iGBAG B+G

221478 B, 3B+K, GBAG 6K (hit confirm) K, WR A+B, B B

22kA A B, GBAG WR K (blocked), 44B+K (aGI connects), 3B, 3B+K, GBAG B+G

...Remember kids, you can still always use GI, JG, and Guard after the GBAG if they don't respect the GBAG. Make them respect the GBAG.

In other words, our new tactic for winning with Leixia is to confuse our opponents to death? Because after reading all of that, I'm already confused, without even having seen it in action.

In other words, our new tactic for winning with Leixia is to confuse our opponents to death? Because after reading all of that, I'm already confused, without even having seen it in action.

Which is why I originally meant to put it in a video... to *show* you.

Read it again? What parts confuse you?

First you low guard, then you A+B, then you quickly guard again to cancel the move to get a reaction from the opponent. That is what I got from it anyway. Ill test it out in practice mode but it seems like a gimmicky thing to try and fool the opponents. Then again so is half the stuff I do with Leixia.

Oh that stuff. It's nice to pull it out of thin air to screw with people heads but I wouldn't recommend doing it too often.

fc a+b is a tech jumping low. you cancel the attack part of it w/ g but she still jumps and twirls like a lil crappy fairy

Back