Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

Ya I can instant WR pretty well, spent lots of time with sc2 and kinda just getting back into sc (played 3 and 4 but not to the extent of 2 and hopefully 5) so instant WR isnt difficult, infact the low I was using to best effect was probably iWR A+B just cause I couldnt find much.

I just need to get more games in, probably gonna be able to play again thurs and fri, hopefully more long sessions, I gotta get good at this game!

-orvn

you cant rush the iwrb , when it hits its gotta look like its about to otg. basically what i do is after BTb+k i hit 2g let go of g and while letting go of 2 i hit b then a+b+k. its kinda got a rhythm to it just keep practicing

Yeah, it's just not safe on block when you do it point blank.
Also a side note you can block the first hit and step the second so it's a good idea to switch between 6,K and 6,K,K if you've got a clever stepper on your hands.

clip[/quote said:
I agree with this. I use her meter for WR, b BE. It leads into a combo with BT B+K and 3B that gives you something like 84 damage which I believe is also safe on block. (though I could be wrong but so far I haven't found a reason not to believe it's safe.) Also for mixup purposes WR K gives you guaranteed damage on hit if you follow it with 3B.

Also wondering if anyone has found a practical use for her Bea Her Hua stance? Oh and any advice on the matchup between Leixia and Xiba?

Im actually having trouble doing iWR B, A+B+K after Backturned B+K, any suggestions!
timing timing timing. I had trouble with it at first too but after hitting the practice mode and using the combo feature I also got it down pat. (I use an arcade stick but if your playing on a Pad I would suggest playing around with your button setup.)

EDIT by Di_PL: Please avoid double (triple) posts.

Remind me again what is this stance (Xbox isn't on yet) and I might try messing around with it to see.

22 or 77 B+K.

Also for those having issues with Xiba matchups I did quite a bit of testing last night and it seems you can get in a quick 3b after blocking the first hit of his 66 B,B, B. Though I would like for someone to test it besides me before I say it's a definite hit. Because it seems the timing is a little off. Also picked appart Pat last night and this was my discovery you can counter his 66, B,B,B several different ways. You can block the first move then step, You can also block the first hit and 3b, or you can block the first move the duck and WR B. (That last one is a little tricky on the timing.) Also Pat has a lot of combo starters that come out of step however It seems if you step when he steps in the right direction he wiffs. (Like if he steps 77 you step 22). Though I caution this a little because if you become predictable IDK if Pat has the tools or not to punish you until further testing.

Now the test the Leixia matchups against Xiba more, Nightmare, Sieg, Natsu, Astaroth, and Alpha Pat. (Out of all these alpha pat is giving me the most trouble and I'm wondering if it's the same with y'all. I don't think he'll be a big issue at FR but I think by the time Evo comes around he might be a big pain in the ass for Leixia players.)

I just noticed that no matter how far WRB has taken on the side of the opponent some characters B,B hitboxes are still tracking even of you manage to get behind them....wtf

Also I'm having trouble punishing PATROKLOS and would love some inputs on his matchup cause as usuall namco decided to make the greeks broke again so match up would be great

How many pages does it have? And per char? I preordered the hardcover version.

Where did you pre order it? Amazon is out of it already. It says 480 pages though. Aris's review showed that theres at least 15 pages per character or around there. Sounds gdlk. Where did you get My5tiC4L?

I just noticed that no matter how far WRB has taken on the side of the opponent some characters B,B hitboxes are still tracking even of you manage to get behind them....wtf

Also I'm having trouble punishing PATROKLOS and would love some inputs on his matchup cause as usuall namco decided to make the greeks broke again so match up would be great

Still working on this one. One issue is that its hard to punish him because a lot of his stuff is safe against Leixia.

I've noticed that the AA BE leaves you at a distinct advantage even on block, so even if you end up wasting meter and not getting any damage out of hit, you do create an opportunity to press your advantage and go for some kind of mix up (usually 6KK works well).

Where did you pre order it? Amazon is out of it already. It says 480 pages though. Aris's review showed that theres at least 15 pages per character or around there. Sounds gdlk. Where did you get My5tiC4L?
I preordered from Amazon late. So I'm kinda bummed. They sent me an email this morning saying they're trying to get a shipment for it to deliver. Maybe I should just walk out to my local Gamestops to check?

So like.... Leixia's attack, 4+A+B.... Does it even GI, or does it just glow green to look cool? I've been in practice mode trying to use it on various moves, highs, mids, lows (not that I thought it would GI lows...), and none of them work.

I can nail other character's GI's like Omega Pyrrah's A+B, but I can't land this one for whatever reason. :V

Tight window but it parries horizontals. Mid horizontals that is.

As for her Bea Her Hua stance (22 or 88 B+K), you can use it to punish horizontals. Parry one of their horizontals moves and you can do one of her moves out of step. I like to use B because it launches them (Connect with her super). If you're doing it just to mix them up (Stupidly Risky), then you can mix it up with her K which is low as well.

Back