Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

Hi guys I'm new and I was wondering if it were possible to get a quick rundown on how I should be playing Leixia, sometimes I feel as if I'm trying to learn her incorrectly and this being my first SC game (that I'm taking seriously) I want to make sure my time isn't wasted. Thank you in advance for the help ...

She doesn't deal high damage so you're going to be pestering the opponents with pokes/quick attacks and moves that allow her to evade/parry the moves of other characters...in general. But she can be played various ways as well. Just how are you playing her to be exact?

I'm gonna also suggest buying the guide. It's pretty helpful.

Alright I'm new to competitive SoulCalibur so help me out here,

Just wondering after a launch, most people seem to go for 3B+K and go for the follow up yet they can block it and it isn't safe on block (for the hit) and the fake one doesn't put you in a brilliant position either (sure can go straight into "I'm on fire" but still). Why do people use this combo a lot?

Honestly? I think it's because we're still getting used to having the k followup and a lot of people accidentally committed it to muscle memory and already have a habit to un-learn.

She doesn't deal high damage so you're going to be pestering the opponents with pokes/quick attacks and moves that allow her to evade/parry the moves of other characters...in general. But she can be played various ways as well. Just how are you playing her to be exact?

I'm gonna also suggest buying the guide. It's pretty helpful.

I actually did buy the guide today after hearing the good reviews on it. As a new player I skimmed it and was not disappointed :)

In what ways can you play her, I'm look to prioritize whatever damage she can do while mixing up the opponent in whatever way I can. (to sum it up anyway)

Alright I'm new to competitive SoulCalibur so help me out here,

Just wondering after a launch, most people seem to go for 3B+K and go for the follow up yet they can block it and it isn't safe on block (for the hit) and the fake one doesn't put you in a brilliant position either (sure can go straight into "I'm on fire" but still). Why do people use this combo a lot?
the "I'm on fire" is WR B brave edge and is amazing and you should use it because the combo it leads into does something like 84 damage with is phenomenal for Leixia since she hits a bit soft. Personally and there are several ways to play her but I mainly use her gauge for that because her critical edge doesn't do that much damage and I only use it if I land step B or 4 A+B because it's guaranteed. Also Leixia WR B without brave edging it is unsafe as hell. (I found this out the very hard way.) so only use it on punish. (For example Pat's 6BBB.) Right now I'm having huge issues with Sieg because his range is insane and so is his damage.

Also on a side note I've done some tinkering and when Astaroth players uses A+B I found that given the right timing I can use step B+K to get an auto GI then get a free launch with B.

Finally and last thing. Does anyone know which launcher is safer? 3B or FC3b just curious.

I think you missed the question but thank you for the various other bits of advice.
I did I thought you were asking about the "your on fire" but to answer your question they go for the follow up because it's easy and it keeps pressure and though it's unsafe it provides a good mix up game because if your opponent automatically starts crouch blocking in expectation of the follow up you can go for another 3b instead or step B and get a free launch. Also maybe it's just me but the followup doesn't seem that unsafe. (At least for now I haven't really had anyone punish me for it if I land the first two moves of the combo.

Pouring out my heart in this post... *ahem* How the fuck do you deal with Nightmare while using Leixia? I always have the hardest time. Most of the hits come from that stupid low sweep combo thing he does. (Hate his counterattack too, most people don't use it but it's still annoying.) I absolutely hate fighting him. Whether I win or lose, it's annoying as hell. So any tips?

Pouring out my heart in this post... *ahem* How the fuck do you deal with Nightmare while using Leixia? I always have the hardest time. Most of the hits come from that stupid low sweep combo thing he does. (Hate his counterattack too, most people don't use it but it's still annoying.) I absolutely hate fighting him. Whether I win or lose, it's annoying as hell. So any tips?
I was actually having trouble too. However I've been doing better and here is what I've been doing.
*You've gotta know how to block his 1A so go into training and use the record option and practice because if you can't he will rape you.
*the double punch he does...(I think the input is 4KK) the second punch is duckable so block the first duck the second and punish the hell outta him with WR B (even better if you have meter then you can get a WR b Brave edge combo)
* Also 66AA is your friend and follow it up with a 3B
*You know that obnoxious CE move he has that auto GI's EVERYTHING (yeah even if you hit him from behind) Grab him out of it because he can't GI grabs. (be careful to mix them up though so your opponent doesn't start breaking them
*Watch a good player I'm going to post a link to Kayane playing nightmare. When you watch it notice how she spaces and how she uses B+K to cover distance. If you see something that works there is no harm in stealing it for your own game plan.
Which brings me to my final point fight games especially this one are about having a game plan. If you run across a particular move that is giving you issues. Go to training mode and use the record feature and tinker with it until you have at 1 or 2 good counters. Or find out if it's safe on block. If you can't find a counter, can't step it, and it's safe on block your best bet is just to eat it on block and wait for an opening.
I hope this helped.

*Also the nightmare fight starts on 6:44 but I'd advise you watch the whole video and pay close attention to what moves she opens with as well as her core mixups. She's been playing since the dawn of time. (not really) but she is amazing and if you play Leixia you can learn a good bit from her.

Finally and last thing. Does anyone know which launcher is safer? 3B or FC3b just curious.
Technically the FC 3B is safer, but both are only punishable for minor damage. The .05 second (3 frame) difference between them is not noticeable. The question boils down to how quickly and accurately can you do the iFC 3B.

Technically the FC 3B is safer, but both are only punishable for minor damage. The .05 second (3 frame) difference between them is not noticeable. The question boils down to how quickly and accurately can you do the iFC 3B.
Thanks a ton. If you were on PSN I'd add you.

I was actually having probs with pyrra and her alterego, just frame 236_B, it was devastating me, but 3B against her is amazing, now i need advice on matchups, should we just make a thread and can the opponent SS out of 6BaB after the intial B hits or is blocked

May I suggest a matchup thread? I'm struggling in all those matchups above and Siegfried. The guides gdlk but I was wondering if you guys found any tech. It suggests darting in and out, I think it says use 66B? Anything else to get in?

66AA seems to work and you can option select into a frame trap doing BE (which is what seems to work for me). I do find that you really have to open your eyes and play based mostly on reaction when up against Siegfried as he can still dance around going into other attacks and stances on whiff. Also I find that AAB doesn't seem to be an effective punish after blocking most of Siegfried's attacks as it always seems to push out of range so I do take a bit of a risk and go for 6KK.

Other than the Siegfried matchup, I found a few troll (or legit if you want to distract the opponent) tactics using 4B+K and guard cancelling it repeating it for flashy goodness. Going to see if I can apply this in a trolling game.

Against Hilde: what the hell? charge B guard breaks and knocks you back. Can't get close to her.
Hilde charge move break down....All Hilde's Charge moves hit twice and give her huge advantage the only way to punish is interrupt. IDK the interrupts quite yet but when I do I'll post them. If you block the second hit the your fucked till you get another opening.

I'm having a problem maintaining Leixia's competitiveness against very good players/CPU with characters like Siegfried, Mitsurugi, etc.
I find leixia's moves quite slow, small damage, not continuous, and leave huge open gaps between combos.
It seems as if I couldn't find her distinctive characteristics.

I have a problem with Elysium in Legendary Souls. I recently beat it in 21 minutes, which I think is fantastic, but the main reason for that is that I kinda 'cheated' and 4k Elysium twice off the edge of the stage, lol. Normally it takes between 20 and 30 minutes to beat her. None of my main strats seem to be working! Anyone have any advice?

Back