Lost Swords

Watch the timing, is horrible for anything serious

F2P Tekken, Ace Combat, Ridge Racer, SC... Namco is just vampirizing his cows, maybe they need extra money before start work seriously on next gen stuff

SC5 update (dat magic dream with lost characters) seem a little dead like idea. They don't given a fuck about give us update when was the right moment, i doubt will happen now

And we are at gen-ending
And they have TKxSF (Namco made,TK style) still under works
And rumor want TK7 arcade not so far and PS4 hardware based (so next gen stuff)
And we know how Namco hate self competition with FGs
And we know if the competition is with the precious Tekken, Namco will not esitate to drop the banana into SC ass (a la SC5)

Honestly I DON'T want a new rushed current gen SC, and i don't want a next gen nerfed SC because "hurry up bitches, King Tekken is coming"
Please, let TKxSF get released, let TK7 get released, let TKxPokemon get released... but after that give SC team some fucking big budget and all time they need to give us the best SC possible, and support it strong after

Man when they said lost swords i was expecting some epic sequal set like 50-100 years later where the swords had been destroyed or scattered from the events at the end of 5. The world had been in a temporary peace until some new young fighter stumbles upon one of the swords and reawakens their powers leading to yet another hunt for the artifacts by completely new faces or maybe the decendents of some of the characters.
Sounds familiar... *looks at SCV*

So it´s not very probably for characters who didn´t make for SCV return for this game, right? It wouldn´t make sense not making them DLC and plus let out all people of Xbox 360, right?

I say this because i really don´t want to spend all money in a PS3 just for this game, but if old characters returns, i may not have option.

So it´s not very probably for characters who didn´t make for SCV return for this game, right? It wouldn´t make sense not making them DLC and plus let out all people of Xbox 360, right?

I say this because i really don´t want to spend all money in a PS3 just for this game, but if old characters returns, i may not have option.
Well, Tekken Revolution is back-to-basics Tekken with only the essential cast of the series... So... please don't hate me for this 8WR...

LET THE ROSTER SPECULATIONS BEGIN!!

If this will receive constant updates like TR, I'd say the release cast will probably include: Siegfried, Mitsurugi, Ivy, Raphael, Tira, Astaroth, Taki, Maxi, and Sophitia/Patroklos. And maybe Nightmare and Yoshi.

Well, Tekken Revolution is back-to-basics Tekken with only the essential cast of the series... So... please don't hate me for this 8WR...

LET THE ROSTER SPECULATIONS BEGIN!!

If this will receive constant updates like TR, I'd say the release cast will probably include: Siegfried, Mitsurugi, Ivy, Raphael, Tira, Astaroth, Taki, Maxi, and Sophitia/Patroklos. And maybe Nightmare and Yoshi.

Well, i can´t know for sure, but i wouldn´t be able to find sense.

I mean, while they were releasing music and clothes for custom as DLC we were asking all the time for characters to be back, and now they would do it in another game and leaving all out an entire community console?

Thats what happens when you stick with one console.

God damn, people. It's a free game. FREE.

True, but we all know

trap.png

still, in the end, we're all grown ups here; if you don't want pay-to-play content, don't buy it.

And if you don't like it, I'm sure there's someplace on the internet where people can feel free to vent their frustrations about the most recent Soul Calibur game.............

Quite the opposite

Being a free game theyr reward is all about sell us characters (most as possible), also they're more free to follow direct fans feedback
In a product like that there is not main scheme to follow is about make money$ more than anything
And nostalgia is a powerful leverage

Now, if end up being a SCV clone with Hwang, Talim, Zasa, Rock, Mina, trueKilik, Cassy?
I can fap to this

Specially counting next true SC is probably around 2-3 years from now

Yeah, I mean if it has Talim, Amy, Yunsung, Zasalamel and Seung Mina in it then I will be rocking that.

Heck the sad part is I can imagine myself buying lots of cute DLC costumes already, lol.

In case it hasn't been translated yet, from official site:

Tagline: "Obtain a hundred swords, a never-ending journey"
Genre: single player mission-based weapon fighting game

Still not sure if it's going to be like the PSP game or the Wii game... Although I really can't see how they'd monetize a single player version of the former.

In case it hasn't been translated yet, from official site:

Tagline: "Obtain a hundred swords, a never-ending journey"
Genre: single player mission-based weapon fighting game

Still not sure if it's going to be like the PSP game or the Wii game... Although I really can't see how they'd monetize a single player version of the former.

Well, since it says fighting game, it's not going to be like SC Legends on the Wii. That wasn't any more a FG than Onimusha, Dark Souls, DmC or any other hack-and-slash.

I think monetizing a SC story/challenge mode would be easy. Think SP mission modes from any of the SC games (Weapon Master, Tales of Souls, super-boring Tower of Souls, Gauntlet, even Chronicles of the Sword) with text box intros/dialogue between and a SC-style map.

Levels, characters, leveled-up weapons (like SC 2, 3, 4), armor items or skills (like SC4) could all be sold piecemeal and/or made unlockable by achievements (that can only be reached with purchases). just think of all the things you can only get with in-game gold in SC3; except in this case you need actual gold.

Quite the opposite

Being a free game theyr reward is all about sell us characters (most as possible), also they're more free to follow direct fans feedback
In a product like that there is not main scheme to follow is about make money$ more than anything
And nostalgia is a powerful leverage

Now, if end up being a SCV clone with Hwang, Talim, Zasa, Rock, Mina, trueKilik, Cassy?
I can fap to this

Specially counting next true SC is probably around 2-3 years from now

Well, in that case, nice way to treat the fan people of SC who has Xbox 360

Yes, i know this is Microsoft fault, but Namco could do better. Why no update SCV for all people instead of doing a f2p game? So much diference of money there is between the casual players and all the fans who are in Xbox 360? Will they deny something that most of us have been asking along all SCV life? Don´t we deserve something better?

Even so, i still think that this game is a SCV offline and fp2 focused on the casual player, those who didn´t try SCV, and for hardcore or fan of SC like us, they give us SC2 HD Online, in that way they obtain money from all parts.

The only think that worries me and makes me think it may be otherwise, is the name "Lost Swords". Maybe is just a name, but it may be about precisely the characters who didn´t make it for SCV

Anyway, i may be wrong, but that is what i believe, we will know for sure probably this thursday.

All the New and Returning characters in the World won't mean shit if you cant VS people....sigh
Is a F2P, i will not be surprised if they just SELL you the VS mode

The single mode may easily just be the starting (free) one, then they start add stuff

Well, in that case, nice way to treat the fan people of SC who has Xbox 360

Yes, i know this is Microsoft fault, but Namco could do better. Why no update SCV for all people instead of doing a f2p game? So much diference of money there is between the casual players and all the fans who are in Xbox 360? Will they deny something that most of us have been asking along all SCV life? Don´t we deserve something better?

Is about money
Apparently the F2P formula go well for them, because is likely less expensive

They chosen (sadly) to not do a "Super SCV" update for some reason (chose one)

Now they're ok with releasing something SC related with that formula
As PS3 owner i'm happy Sony allow it
As 360 owner you have to blame only MS that don't
If MS was cooperative as Sony, Namco was glad to give it to you too

Simple as that

Is about money
Apparently the F2P formula go well for them, because is likely less expensive

They chosen (sadly) to not do a "Super SCV" update for some reason (chose one)

Now they're ok with releasing something SC related with that formula
As PS3 owner i'm happy Sony allow it
As 360 owner you have to blame only MS that don't
If MS was cooperative as Sony, Namco was glad to give it to you too

Simple as that

If they give characters, cant they give it to us as more DLC?

Anyway, hell yeah i blame Microsoft, of course im going for PS4 in next gen.

Now i´ll have to wait to know if i have to buy a ps3, but is just so painful to buy a console just for one game and with the model f2p wich i don´t really like.

If they give characters, cant they give it to us as more DLC?
For what, for SCV?
If they're going to release more characters for SCV (i doubt, seem too late) they will probably get released on both console

If they're going to release characters for Lost Swords, they're going to released it just for the console that actually have Lost Swords

Is like the TKrev situation, if tomorrow they release a new dlc it will be just for TKrev on PS3
Not TKrev PS3 + Last 360 version of Tekken

Again, they are the first that lose a gain opportunity being not allowed to release it on 360, but is not theyr fault

I see.

So why exactly they cant release a f2p game on Microsoft´s console? I still don´t know the reason why Microsoft wouldnt accept, someone knows?

Back