Lost Swords

Shut up, Lang. We know you love Cassandra Miss Piggy. =p
whoa whoa. this is where i draw the line. Cassandra is fine as hell. and we all know (or should know) that team soul took extra effort to make Sophitia "the hotter sister". cause cassandra was easily better looking than sophitia in SC2. and yes, i will buy this game immediately, the second it comes out, if Cassandra returns. or
Bring back Cassandra!!

and heck yeah. agree with that 100%
You mean this guy? :P

and that is obviously zas. gold eye. hood. he's "BLACK". come on. that's all the evidence that's needed. nice shot though.

Right? Stupid Namco giving people free games. Fuck them for experimenting and trying to broaden the audience of their franchises; they should just make the same game over and over like Activision does. Everyone should stop buying their products.

ಠ_ಠ
Okay, I know this is a Soul Calibur fansite, but come on. It's okay to dislike something that Namco does. I'm not a fan of this direction either and I'm not even the most competitive SC player. Hypothetically speaking it doesn't seem like anything more than a cash grab to me. Will it be fun? Chances are high, yeah. I have yet to play a SC game I didn't find fun (Legends aside), and SCV was one of my favorites when it was released.

I know you want to make it seem like Namco is this benevolent company making their latest SC entry free, but the reality is that the F2P model allows them to overcharge you for everything. Hated buying packs of five or so items for CAS in SCV? Did you find those overpriced? Well get ready for that to be the backbone of the game. C'mon, you apparently can't even play the game as long as you want to before they charge you with this "token" thing I've been hearing about. F2P allows them to charge you for everything outside of the core gameplay model. If they do go the route of letting you digitally buy a "complete" copy of the game for 60 bucks with a ton of stuff included, my argument is moot. But I don't see them going that way if Tekken Revolution is anything to go off of.

Well Im a little excited to see a new SC game, but I would rather this have been an expansion to SCV. Yes this is a F2P game but we all know they nickle and dime you and make you grind to give you reason to pay for stuff. Genius strategy honestly. When you have that one costume worth 2 bucks or 1,000,000 gold or whatever currency they will use in the game, they bet you're leaning towards paying rather than grinding it out.

That said I have no money so im immune to the F2P trap.

I'm not sure I understand the concept of this Lost Swords. It looks exactly the same as V albeit more flashy and the addition of Sophitia. Perhaps I am missing something here?

I'm not sure I understand the concept of this Lost Swords. It looks exactly the same as V albeit more flashy and the addition of Sophitia. Perhaps I am missing something here?

With the information gathered thus far we know the following.

PS3 only free to play game
Single player game only
weapons elements (tower of lost souls type) based single player game
and no maxi confirmation yet.

So as it will resemble scv quite a bit I presume. It will also have a few extra goodies/characters (and who knows what else at this point), but the game will act differently than scv

With the information gathered thus far we know the following.

PS3 only free to play game
Single player game only

So as it will resemble scv quite a bit I presume. It will also have a few extra goodies/characters (and who knows what else at this point), but the game will act differently than scv

Well thank you for the insight. I suppose it rules me out as an Xbox player but I look forward to its progress regardless of what I think it looks like.

Single player game only

shit. no offline VS play?

shit. no offline VS play?

To my understanding.......NO!!

Not sure if things will change later. Seems kinda weird but Im just glad SC is getting attention again. Hopefully with SC2HD and this, these are just fillers/betas for future SC projects.

*crosses fingers*

Right? Stupid Namco giving people free games. Fuck them for experimenting and trying to broaden the audience of their franchises; they should just make the same game over and over like Activision does. Everyone should stop buying their products.

ಠ_ಠ
"Free game". That's a joke right? I gurantee that when you total up the microtransactions, this will cost far more than SCV did new.

If they release a full, paid version of it, with multiplayer, I'd buy it day one. But the thing I like most about Soul Calibur, the CAS, is meaningless in single player so I'm definately not paying for that. Which will probably leave me able to pick Rugi or Siegfried and beat up whichever one I didn't just choose untill the timer runs out for the day. If that's an experiment, its a failure in my opinion.

There are SC4 pieces (Sieg2p) on the douchebag Mitsu is slashing

Also they changed a lil bit Sieg colors

SC5
siegfried-sc5.png

SCLS
Soulcalibur-Lost-Swords_2013_09-17-13_002.jpg

Brb, gonna recreate that SCLS art in SCV.

"But the thing I like most about Soul Calibur, the CAS, is meaningless in single player so I'm definately not paying for that.
How is that meaningless? The whole point of CAS is single player. You could post videos and screenshots in our CAS forum and share CAS tips and guides and stuff.

I have a question. I know Lost Swords won't have online multiplayer, but will it have offline multiplayer? Or is this a standalone single player expansion?

If LS has offline MP, the addition of Sophie and possibly other new characters could affect SCV competitively.

Back